• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Level up Kit

DeletedUser27889

While the OP may be referencing another post about 3 ships in 9 worlds I still think it's important to point out that $200 would have been more than enough to get 3 ships as others have. I have 3 and while I did buy diamonds the day of the doubloon sale it was certainly not $200 and I have diamonds left over.

However I probably would have spent more if it was more likely to end in more ships. I had wanted 5 but the amount of money that would have taken was quite beyond my yearly summer event game purchase and did not seem like a rational amount for 2 extra. Three seemed to be the maximum, aided by luck, that most casual diamond, non whale spenders could realistically end up with.

I did enjoy that I was able to still go for Sunken Treasures though and not just the pieces. While it was frustrating not having upgrades on the wheel there was a pay off of getting more other rewards. Unfortunately most were worthless. If more things got moved over to DCs I don't think an item like this is necessary.

You would also see many complaints of people who used their kits for the goods/fp or whatever and not the ship who suddenly won one of these and now had no ship to use it on. I think DCs are the proper way to go to get more upgrades and event buildings out there.

DeletedUser36231

You also weren't trying to get all 3 ships in 9 worlds. A few simple calculations would show that $200 worth of doubloons would not be enough to get 27 level 7 ships, even with the best of luck.
I was playing 9 worlds, but was not going for 3 ships in all 9. Regardless, that is a moot point. The proposal is presented because every other building in the game came be upgraded. Guilds can be upgraded, your tavern improved, GB can be upgraded, the event buildings other than the main building can be brought into the next era keeping them to a point still relevant using a one up kit or renovation kit. I have seen WW shrinking kits, and Maypole upgrades, but doing some research there have been several buildings that even though they are available in DC their upgrades are not. This is meant to be a rare incident that merely allows you to complete event main buildings after the event has ended. As you do research you unlock better residential and production buildings and replacing them is like upgrading your coin and supply buildings. All I am asking for is equal treatment for an event main building.

RazorbackPirate

I was playing 9 worlds, but was not going for 3 ships in all 9. Regardless, that is a moot point. The proposal is presented because every other building in the game came be upgraded. Guilds can be upgraded, your tavern improved, GB can be upgraded, the event buildings other than the main building can be brought into the next era keeping them to a point still relevant using a one up kit or renovation kit. I have seen WW shrinking kits, and Maypole upgrades, but doing some research there have been several buildings that even though they are available in DC their upgrades are not. This is meant to be a rare incident that merely allows you to complete event main buildings after the event has ended. As you do research you unlock better residential and production buildings and replacing them is like upgrading your coin and supply buildings. All I am asking for is equal treatment for an event main building.
I get what you're saying. The only Special Building that has upgrades available is the Maypole. The Maypole was introduced during the 2016 May Day Festival Event. The Maypole Upgrades were introduced during the 2017 May Day Festival Event. They allow you to upgrade the Maypole to the Mighty Maypole and the Majestic Maypole.Since there was no 2017 May Day Event, I suspect the Maypole has run its course, and why it's now available from the Daily Challenge.

Everything else we want upgrades for is less than a year old.

Pillar of Heroes - Introduced 2018 Forge Bowl. First time for this event, first time for this building.
Grand Bridge and Grand Bridge Upgrades - Introduced 2018 Carnivale. Second time for this event, first time for this building.
Cherry Garden Sets - Introduced 2017 Spring Event, which replaced the Easter Event. Now available through DC.
Cherry Garden Kits - Introduced 2018 Spring Event. These allow you to either build a Level 1 or upgrade an existing Level 1 to Level 2.
Tholos of Idols - Introduced 2018 Soccer Cup Event. Third time for this bi-yearly event, first time for this building.
Cider Mill - Introduced 2016 Fall Event, which replaced the Halloween Event.
Cider Mill Upgrades - Introduced 2017 Fall Event. These allow you to upgrade the Cider Mill first to the Blooming, then to the Fruitful, then the Bountiful Cider Mill. Cider Mill Upgrades return with the 2018 Fall Event, along with the next level of Cider Mill. Preposterous? I think not.

Inno is not going to make upgrades for any of these available until, like the Maypole, the item has run its course. When they do, I expect we'd eventually see them in new DC chests.

Last edited:

DeletedUser35041

How ever even those of us who spend in excess of 200 dollars on doubloons could not...
You spent $200 and STILL couldn't get a maxed-out ship?
I have a level 7 ship in my city. I still have two unused ship upgrade items. And I didn't pay a CENT.

Just complete the quests and spend your doubloons. Easy.

RazorbackPirate

You spent $200 and STILL couldn't get a maxed-out ship?
I have a level 7 ship in my city. I still have two unused ship upgrade items. And I didn't pay a CENT.

Just complete the quests and spend your doubloons. Easy.
That's not what the OP said. They spoke about getting all 3 level 7 ships. One of each. In multiple cities it appears, but we're missing the fuzzy details.

But thanks for your reductionist explanation of the event strategy, that should be helpful for future events.