• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why is Shrine of Awe not popular?

• Thread starter DeletedUser38006
  • Start date

DeletedUser26131

I think they designed before the Arc power was released or mentioned.
They are still popular if you get them my mistake and are in a low Arc / low age maybe then the few medals they make will give you still a few expansions, but when you have more soks to place they will get replaced or even deleted .

DeletedUser30312

They just don't produce enough medals to be worth it. They're okay, I rank them better than the King/Queen or Victory Tower, but the SoK is just far more useful.

DeletedUser40495

There are much better ways to get medals (arc bonus is the main one). In late game players find themselves with unlimited medals due to this, and after they purchase all victory expansions medals are absolutely worthless. Maybe in early game build SoA, but still there are better uses of space (SoK, terrace farms if you have them. Basically anything that gives FP)

qaccy

@rojo-the-bear Essentially the answer to your question boils down to 'there are better ways to get medals'. The SoA isn't bad for doing so, but the buildings in your city should primarily focus on producing goods and/or FP along with coins and supplies.

Since you're a new player and not even close to the age where it'd be easiest to acquire one, it's difficult for me to recommend building an Arc right now. However, eventually you'll want to do that (and level it up) and even before you do, start looking for GBs to donate to if you're interested in acquiring large amounts of medals. High-age GBs are best (something from the Future will give far more medals than something from the Middle Ages), and the higher the level the better. Even something like 5th place can be worth over 1,000 medals and could cost as little as 10-20 FP or even less.

DeletedUser31540

I have been playing for 2 years and i have 40,000,000 medals hangin around that i cant use for anything other than GE attempts — i spend about 150,000 a week on GE and still my medal count rises

If i had extra forge points lying around i would find a use for them immediately

If i could somehow trade in 30 million medals for 3 forge points i would

When i was new i remember taking spots on GBs for medals — I remember thinking that if i could get 100 medals per fp spent i was doing alright

Its crazy how things change over time

If you want more medals than you can spend concentrate on FPs and building / leveling / using your Arc

DeletedUser40495

I have been playing for 2 years and i have 40,000,000 medals hangin around that i cant use for anything other than GE attempts — i spend about 150,000 a week on GE and still my medal count rises

If i had extra forge points lying around i would find a use for them immediately

If i could somehow trade in 30 million medals for 3 forge points i would do it in a heart beat

When i was new i remember taking spots on GBs for medals — I remember thinking that if i could get 100 medals per fp spent i was doing alright

Its crazy how things change over time

If you want more medals than you can spend concentrate on FPs and building / leveling / using your Arc
Exactly. Medals take care of themselves if you get an arc (which helps with FP and prints as well). The real thing to worry about is FP... you can never have enough and the more you have the better you will be.