• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Polynesia & Enhanced Cultural Settlements Feedback

Sheriff Of Rottingham

How would it even be determined how many coins/gems specifically a player got if they sold it in the A/D given there are different timers that give different amts of them? Also, what about a player who simply deleted it instead of selling in A/D-if either was done many months or even years ago then inno wouldn't even have a record of this.
Max amount. Or however much it would cost if they sold it in the antiques dealer store today. It should be punitive.

jaymoney23456

Max amount. Or however much it would cost if they sold it in the antiques dealer store today. It should be punitive.
That doesn't make a lot of sense. People should be punished for something they had no reason to think would ever happen (a massive boost to the stats for cultural settlement buildings)?

Johnny B. Goode

I do not like them returning buildings, period. Maybe I don't like the option I chose on a special building upgrade, and I want to pick the other option. I can't get the upgrades again b/c the event is over. There is no difference.:rolleyes:
Actually, there is a difference. Event buildings are offered again, with very few exceptions. Every event offers buildings and upgrades from previous years. Settlements are one and done. Period. Main Settlement buildings have never been offered except on the first set of run-throughs of the particular Settlements.
Inno should have at the very least confiscated the amount of trade coins and gemstones that selling these buildings in the Antiques dealer provide at the highest level,
As I've stated previously, I wouldn't have a problem with this. However, you go off the deep end with this:
Punitive? Really? Dude, that just shows you're not interested in fairness, you're just suffering from misplaced jealousy. It affects you not one bit that I got an Yggdrasil Tree back in two of my cities. You're just being ridiculous with calling for punitive penalties, as if we've committed some kind of gaming crime against you. Just ridiculous.

xivarmy

Maybe I don't like the option I chose on a special building upgrade, and I want to pick the other option. I can't get the upgrades again b/c the event is over. There is no difference.:rolleyes:
If you send the ticket quickly, support will help with this too. Misclicks happen.

Support is there to keep players happy. If you're not intentionally abusing it (i.e. deliberately, repeatedly selling the buildings in AD with the plan to ask for them back and make a profit), and they're able to, they will usually help. Try *not* to use it unnecessarily so when you do really want it, they're willing to help :)

They are unable to restore GBs because the state of donations is not recorded after you've deleted it I believe.

They will not undo choices you made long ago (partly because the records they can see don't extend back that far I believe; partly because they're not there to undo strategic decisions you made and have benefitted from). But they make an exception to this for settlement grand prizes because they're an item you can only ever have 1 of and there is a record that you once earned it.

---

One could certainly make the case though that settlement main prizes should not be *able* to be sold in the AD - they did it for limited run items, why not 1-of-a-kind items that may be restored if you did sell them?

Emberguard

One could certainly make the case though that settlement main prizes should not be *able* to be sold in the AD - they did it for limited run items, why not 1-of-a-kind items that may be restored if you did sell them?

The Limited Time buildings are a specific building type.

I suspect because the block is on building type, they haven't bothered to do that with the cultural buildings as that would mean blocking all Residentials. But yes, if they could do it on a per-building basis, blocking just the Cultural Buildings from the Antiques Dealer would make sense to do

padan fain

It looks like Inno is going to be making a series of changes to the settlements. They very well might add more levels to the current buildings, as well as more emissaries. The current announcement looks like it will just be the first improvements.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

Actually, there is a difference. Event buildings are offered again, with very few exceptions. Every event offers buildings and upgrades from previous years. Settlements are one and done. Period. Main Settlement buildings have never been offered except on the first set of run-throughs of the particular Settlements.

As I've stated previously, I wouldn't have a problem with this. However, you go off the deep end with this:

Punitive? Really? Dude, that just shows you're not interested in fairness, you're just suffering from misplaced jealousy. It affects you not one bit that I got an Yggdrasil Tree back in two of my cities. You're just being ridiculous with calling for punitive penalties, as if we've committed some kind of gaming crime against you. Just ridiculous.
Fairness would be for these buildings to be treated like all the rest for the last 12 years. No return.

Sharmon the Impaler

Fairness would be for these buildings to be treated like all the rest for the last 12 years. No return.
This isn't a social experiment , it is a business. The settlements expansion is being put in place to make Inno more money so of course they will want everyone to have them. Especially the ones that because they spent a lot of money on the game , made the settlement buildings obsolete in their cities. Fairness is not in the equation.

Last edited:

Wwwoodchuck

This isn't a social experiment , it is a business. The settlements expansion is being put in place to make Inno more money so of course they will want everyone to have them. Especially the ones that because they spend a lot of money on the game quickly , made the settlemeont buildings obsolete in their cities. Fairness is not in the equation.
Nice one. That would actually be a fun project to work on…

What would create the most revenue:

1 Give everyone who sold them, the full Cultural Settlement build back.

2 Give everyone who sold them a Level 1 kit back into their inventory.

3 Give everyone who sold them the opportunity to purchase a level 1: Diamonds or cash?

4 Give everyone who sold them the opportunity to purchase the full building: Diamonds or cash?

5 Give everyone who sold them a consolation prize: Eternal Tree of Love.

6 Give nobody nothin’!!

7 ?

Pericles the Lion

Nice one. That would actually be a fun project to work on…

What would create the most revenue:

1 Give everyone who sold them, the full Cultural Settlement build back.

2 Give everyone who sold them a Level 1 kit back into their inventory.

3 Give everyone who sold them the opportunity to purchase a level 1: Diamonds or cash?

4 Give everyone who sold them the opportunity to purchase the full building: Diamonds or cash?

5 Give everyone who sold them a consolation prize: Eternal Tree of Love.

6 Give nobody nothin’!!

7 ?
It appears they are doing #1 upon request. To the dismay of those that proclaim that INNO does little besides "money grubbing" they are not doing #3 or #4. Personally, I like #6 because it means that everyone gets something. ;)

Xenosaur

A lot of really good points here. Well done - 2 in particular worth summarizing:

Fully Agree - if Inno is overly punitive and says "NOBODY gets anything back", that's going to leave a bad taste in people's mouth that they won't work with their community members in a constructive way. Just foolish to be that way. We're not adversaries, we're customers.

As @Sharmon the Impaler pointed out - this is a business, not a gulag. Smart business people know that acts of kindness get repaid. When you return something to Walmart WITHOUT a receipt, and they give you a store credit - that's good faith and an interest in future business. Sure, you go on a "list" for a bit so they an make sure you're not scamming them, but if it's an honest return - the suspicion abates.

As @xivarmy pointed out - miss-clicks happen all the time, especially on mobile. Without question, INNO support gets HIGH MARKS from me when I lose a hover tank by miss-clicking or screen jumps on my mobile device. Never have I been questioned like I'm a criminal, and I INSIST they take the 45 diamonds out of my account - which is only fair - and they do.

GOOD TRADE, right?

Make no mistake, Inno is doing the right thing for it's community, BUT...... this should also serve as NOTICE - be careful with CHOOSING to sell something in the future. From now on - you have to live with your decision - you might not prevail in getting it back.

Maybe there will be a policy shift to @Sheriff Of Rottingham 's way of thinking, so yes - read the tea leaves - we're all on notice that we're now FULLY accountable for our decisions, going forward.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

You've been around the Forum long enough to know that this statement of yours is categorically false. People have had buildings returned tons of times, and they stated so here on the Forum. The only things different here are that we did not just sell/delete these buildings and these are one chance only buildings that you cannot get again. Fair is politely asking Inno to give them back to us, and then accepting whatever response we get. Inno has decided to be generous in this case and return them. You don't like that, even though it has nothing to do with you whatsoever. Too bad. Deal with it. And quit cluttering up this feedback for the Cultural Settlements enhancements thread with your sour grapes whining.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

This isn't a social experiment , it is a business. The settlements expansion is being put in place to make Inno more money so of course they will want everyone to have them. Especially the ones that because they spent a lot of money on the game , made the settlement buildings obsolete in their cities. Fairness is not in the equation.
I don't disagree with this, in fact I fully agree this was their reasoning. If I was them, I would do the same thing b/c it's easy and it likely is the best financial decision. I'm just calling out it is largely counter to their standing policy. This is akin to rewarding bad behavior. People so aggressively defending it shows they know it too.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

You've been around the Forum long enough to know that this statement of yours is categorically false. People have had buildings returned tons of times, and they stated so here on the Forum. The only things different here are that we did not just sell/delete these buildings and these are one chance only buildings that you cannot get again. Fair is politely asking Inno to give them back to us, and then accepting whatever response we get. Inno has decided to be generous in this case and return them. You don't like that, even though it has nothing to do with you whatsoever. Too bad. Deal with it. And quit cluttering up this feedback for the Cultural Settlements enhancements thread with your sour grapes whining.
You're talking about it too champ, replying to my every post. Cluttering up the forum as you say. I'm not upset about this, I'm just pointing out it's not in line with their standing policy on players having to live the with consequences of their choices; and that if they were to return them, they should impose a cost on the subgroup of the player base receiving the "freebies".