• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Polynesia & Enhanced Cultural Settlements Feedback

Johnny B. Goode

You're talking about it too champ, replying to my every post. Cluttering up the forum as you say. I'm not upset about this, I'm just pointing out it's not in line with their standing policy on players having to live the with consequences of their choices; and that if they were to return them, they should impose a cost on the subgroup of the player base receiving the "freebies".
A) You are upset about this, because you stated that you think there should be "punitive" costs paid by players who get buildings back. Someone who is "not upset" wouldn't call for other players to be punished for no reason. Can't backpedal from your own words, bud.
B) It is in line with their longstanding policy of returning buildings on occasion, documented time and again right here in the Forum.
C) As I've stated multiple times in this thread, I would be fine with them not returning the buildings. I did not expect them to return them, I merely asked if they would. I am grateful that they did, but I would not be upset in the least if they hadn't.
D) They're not "freebies". I earned those buildings. They aren't giving me anything I didn't earn in the first place. But, as I said, it would have been fine if they hadn't.
E) For years a subset of players who registered an email with FoE were getting "freebies" occasionally that I didn't get. Didn't bother me in the least, because it didn't harm my game at all.
F) As for "living with the consequences of your choices", you're going to have to live now with the image of being a crybaby. Worse yet, a crybaby who wasn't even hurt in any way.

Darkest.Knight

Since my inventory appears to have an unlimited top for the "stuff" I'm hanging onto there is no compelling reason for me to sell or delete anything; especially since there is nothing to purchase in the Market that is actually useable. Early on I sold lots of items so I could make Market purchases, why would it be appropriate for me to get my items back when I benefited from selling them. This reminds me of children wanting a "do over" because they displayed poor judgement when making their original selection. Of course, whatever they decide to do won't change much of anything, same as everything else, changes occur slowly over time.

Sharmon the Impaler

Since my inventory appears to have an unlimited top for the "stuff" I'm hanging onto there is no compelling reason for me to sell or delete anything; especially since there is nothing to purchase in the Market that is actually useable. Early on I sold lots of items so I could make Market purchases, why would it be appropriate for me to get my items back when I benefited from selling them
Nobody said it was inappropriate or appriopriate , it was a business decision by Inno to get everyone on board by giving them back. Play the game and let Inno handle the business decisions.

. This reminds me of children wanting a "do over" because they displayed poor judgement when making their original selection. Of course, whatever they decide to do won't change much of anything, same as everything else, changes occur slowly over time.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

A) You are upset about this, because you stated that you think there should be "punitive" costs paid by players who get buildings back. Someone who is "not upset" wouldn't call for other players to be punished for no reason. Can't backpedal from your own words, bud.
B) It is in line with their longstanding policy of returning buildings on occasion, documented time and again right here in the Forum.
C) As I've stated multiple times in this thread, I would be fine with them not returning the buildings. I did not expect them to return them, I merely asked if they would. I am grateful that they did, but I would not be upset in the least if they hadn't.
D) They're not "freebies". I earned those buildings. They aren't giving me anything I didn't earn in the first place. But, as I said, it would have been fine if they hadn't.
E) For years a subset of players who registered an email with FoE were getting "freebies" occasionally that I didn't get. Didn't bother me in the least, because it didn't harm my game at all.
F) As for "living with the consequences of your choices", you're going to have to live now with the image of being a crybaby. Worse yet, a crybaby who wasn't even hurt in any way.
A) Projection on your part bud. You have no idea my mental/emotional state in this regard. My not approving of something doesn't in and of itself mean "I'm upset" or emotional.
B) Provide receipts of Inno returning buildings that were deleted or sold YEARS AGO that show it's in line with their longstanding policy. I'll wait.
C) You sure don't seem to be fine with it. Can't backpedal from your own words, bud.
D) Being given something for nothing is a "freebie" no matter how much you don't like it being called that.
E) Not relevant to this topic.
F) More projection and ad hominem. Loser arguement.

jaymoney23456

Since my inventory appears to have an unlimited top for the "stuff" I'm hanging onto there is no compelling reason for me to sell or delete anything; especially since there is nothing to purchase in the Market that is actually useable. Early on I sold lots of items so I could make Market purchases, why would it be appropriate for me to get my items back when I benefited from selling them. This reminds me of children wanting a "do over" because they displayed poor judgement when making their original selection. Of course, whatever they decide to do won't change much of anything, same as everything else, changes occur slowly over time.
Its a game dude. Anyone who has ever owned a gaming console knows that starting the game over or even just reverting to the last save point is routine and can be done by any player at any time. Not even comparable to a child crying lol

jaymoney23456

A) Projection on your part bud. You have no idea my mental/emotional state in this regard. My not approving of something doesn't in and of itself mean "I'm upset" or emotional.
B) Provide receipts of Inno returning buildings that were deleted or sold YEARS AGO that show it's in line with their longstanding policy. I'll wait.
C) You sure don't seem to be fine with it. Can't backpedal from your own words, bud.
D) Being given something for nothing is a "freebie" no matter how much you don't like it being called that.
E) Not relevant to this topic.
F) More projection and ad hominem. Loser arguement.
It seems pretty apparent that you are upset about it given how you have continued to post about not liking the fact that inno is giving the settlement buildings back to players who previously had them.

Johnny B. Goode

"I'm not upset, but I take every opportunity to post about how unfair it is and how those getting the benefit should pay punitive costs."
Dude, you don't post very often at all on the Forum, but 7 of your 8 posts this month have been on this thread. You don't care about anything else going on with the game, and you haven't posted any actual feedback about the Settlement enhancements on the thread, just 7 posts whining about this one thing. But no, you're not upset or emotional about it. :rolleyes:

Johnny B. Goode

Don't need to. I've never said that I would have had a problem with them saying "no" when I asked, and I've stated that several times in this thread. Show me anything that indicates I would have been upset if they had said "no". I'll wait.

(In fact, I have several worlds where I deleted/sold the Yggrasil Tree, and I only asked for it back on two of them.)

jaymoney23456

INNO or anyone else ... is there a date for this? next week, next month, next year ... June of 2028 ???? When Heinrich comes back from vacation?
that is one big problem-inno is not known for being overly informative! Can't even find the stats for every event building on the FOE wiki-have to go to the wikifandom to find that info and a lot more too.

UBERhelp1

INNO or anyone else ... is there a date for this? next week, next month, next year ... June of 2028 ???? When Heinrich comes back from vacation?
There's no date yet, but they're letting you know so that you can start playing the settlements to get the buildings. That way, you're not left behind when everyone else gets the buffs.

1708747757011.png

Johnny B. Goode

Okay, this is hilarious. If at any time you had sold/deleted a Cultural Settlement main building, check your Inventory. This morning I discovered that in every city that I had earned but then deleted/sold a Cultural Settlement building, it had been placed back in my Inventory along with any upgrades for it that I had earned. So all the hate/jealousy about this was for nothing. ROFLMAO

WillyTwoShoes

Okay, this is hilarious. If at any time you had sold/deleted a Cultural Settlement main building, check your Inventory. This morning I discovered that in every city that I had earned but then deleted/sold a Cultural Settlement building, it had been placed back in my Inventory along with any upgrades for it that I had earned. So all the hate/jealousy about this was for nothing. ROFLMAO
To funny.

Now I want to hear from all of you that think it was unfair....
Your all going to delete the buildings added back to your inventory right?
:)

Portia the Benevolent

How do you get dance stage? It’s been over a week and it never shows. I’ve add expansions, tons of huts and fisheries and first diilomacy building. It still does not show in build and I can’t get past the quest. Any help appreciated.

Sharmon the Impaler

How do you get dance stage? It’s been over a week and it never shows. I’ve add expansions, tons of huts and fisheries and first diilomacy building. It still does not show in build and I can’t get past the quest. Any help appreciated.
It's in the Embassy Advancements tab (click on the Embassy or the open scroll link at the bottom left on PC) : The diplomacy you need to unlock and make them show in your build menu is in the circles underneath. Poly.JPG

Dursland

It's worth it though. The Royal Bathhouse from Egypt is one of the best settlement buildings.

89fp with FT, 20 random units, 500 guild goods, and a ton of boost - including both blue and red for QI.