• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Arc

xivarmy

It's a Great Building. You get the blueprints, typically, by donating to others Arcs and finishing in the top 5 donors for a level - but they can also come from random blueprints if you're Future Era or higher or from aiding FE-era buildings of other players.

Your guild may help you with finding blueprints and the goods to construct it as it's typically important to the functioning of the guild that you have and level one.

It's a Great Building. You get the blueprints, typically, by donating to others Arcs and finishing in the top 5 donors for a level - but they can also come from random blueprints if you're Future Era or higher or from aiding FE-era buildings of other players.

Your guild may help you with finding blueprints and the goods to construct it as it's typically important to the functioning of the guild that you have and level one.
Most likely he is in a guild that won't be able to do that. An Arc boost the amount of FP you get from contributing to GBs

Dominator - X

The follow up question will be "What's a Guild and where do they come from?"

Xenosaur

@jmc6013

What does an Arc do?

Once upon a time (in a land far far away), there was a bountiful apple farm. It had lots of apple trees and every day in the Fall, there were hundreds of apples on them.

The owner obviously needed many farm staff to help pick them, because he wanted to sell them at the market. For picking apples, he paid people very well, and very fairly. He counted the apples they picked and gave them a rate of 20 cents/apple *(using US coin currency because I’m assuming that’s familiar).

One day, nice young man named Carlos came to the farm to seek employment, especially apple picking. He said he was a skilled apple picker - and yes, he seems to know what needed to be done, and yes agreed to the 20 cent/apple rate. The owner hired him on the spot and then took Carlos to where the apple trees were, and told him to start picking.

When the day finally ended, Carlos came in with the rest of the farm staff and the owner starting counting each person’s apples. Lo and behold! Carlos has 90% more apples than all the others individual pickers!!

The owner is entirely amazed!! Carlos worked the same number of hours the other people did, but has 90% more apples. Carlos must be amazingly efficient. He didn’t take a break for lunch and so he must have toiled extra hard to get 90% more!!

Or did he?? Hmmm...

Well, Carlos didn’t. The day before, he was in a shop in town looking at antiques, and he found this very old lamp, it kinda looked like —- the FoE ARC! It was amazingly appealing so he bought it.

On the way home, it was a very bumpy car ride. From all the jostling around in his coat pocket, the lamps was being rubbed by the coat’s fabric. As you guessed, a genie jumped out of the ARC lamp and appeared right next to Carlos!

“Who are you?”, said Carlos.

“I am your Genie, and I boost things,” said the genie of the Arc. Whatever you do, I’ll give you 90% more of it. If you make 100 dollars at work today, I’ll make it look like 190 for you.

And tomorrow, if you pick 100 apples, I’ll make there be 190 apples in your basket!

So Carlos thinks for a minutes and says to himself - Wow that’s great! This ARC lamp will BOOST whatever I earn or what I do on the farm!

He composes himself, and then says to the Genie...

So if I play Forge of Empires, and get all these things from investing in other buildings ... like FP, medals and BP rewards the ARC will boost ALL THOSE rewards for me, and give me 90% more of them?

Yes, said the Genie. I will boost ALL of those things!! FP, medals and Blueprints!

So now you know the rest of the story. The ARC is an investment rewards boosting tool.

Last edited:
@jmc6013

What does an Arc do?

Once upon a time (in a land far far away), there was a bountiful apple farm. It had lots of apple trees and every day in the Fall, there were hundreds of apples on them.

The owner obviously needed many farm staff to help pick them, because he wanted to sell them at the market. For picking apples, he paid people very well, and very fairly. He counted the apples they picked and gave them a rate of 20 cents/apple *(using US coin currency because I’m assuming that’s familiar).

One day, nice young man named Carlos came to the farm to seek employment, especially apple picking. He said he was a skilled apple picker - and yes, he seems to know what needed to be done, and yes agreed to the 20 cent/apple rate. The owner hired him on the spot and then took Carlos to where the apple trees were, and told him to start picking.

When the day finally ended, Carlos came in with the rest of the farm staff and the owner starting counting each person’s apples. Lo and behold! Carlos has 90% more apples than all the others individual pickers!!

The owner is entirely amazed!! Carlos worked the same number of hours the other people did, but has 90% more apples. Carlos must be amazingly efficient. He didn’t take a break for lunch and so he must have toiled extra hard to get 90% more!!

Or did he?? Hmmm...

Well, Carlos didn’t. The day before, he was in a shop in town looking at antiques, and he found this very old lamp, it kinda looked like —- the FoE ARC! It was amazingly appealing so he bought it.

On the way home, it was a very bumpy car ride. From all the jostling around in his coat pocket, the lamps was being rubbed by the coat’s fabric. As you guessed, a genie jumped out of the ARC lamp and appeared right next to Carlos!

“I am your Genie, and I boost things,” said the genie of the Arc. Whatever you do, I’ll give you 90% more of it. If you make 100 dollars at work today, I’ll make it look like 190 for you.

And tomorrow, if you pick 100 apples, I’ll make there be 190 apples in your basket!

So Carlos thinks for a minutes and says to himself - Wow that’s great! This ARC lamp will BOOST whatever I earn or what I do on the farm!

So if I play Forge of Empires, and get all these things from investing in other buildings ... like FP, medals and BP rewards the ARC will boost ALL THOSE rewards for me, and give me 90% more of them?

Yes, said the Genie. I will boost ALL of those things!! FP, medals and Blueprints!

So now you know the rest of the story. The ARC is a investment rewards boosting tool.
That was great.

Dominator - X

@jmc6013

What does an Arc do?

Or did he?? Hmmm...

So now you know the rest of the story. The ARC is an investment rewards boosting tool.
I mean, how long ago did this happen and how far away was this apple farm?

Angry.Blanket

An arc is a curve. You can describe the bend of a rainbow as an arc. In math, an arc is one section of a circle, but in life you can use the word to mean any curved shape,

jimakoskx

An arc is a black hole for new players that sucks all your fps promising will give them back to you.

An arc is generally good to have but must NOT be priority for new players
or for players that are not playing too much or for players that are not GOING to play more than lets say 1-2 year(the same world)

An arc is good for full online players that are also like to snipe others (great) buildings.

An arc is like an investment over investment . (with the pros and cons)
---
As a rewiew you must like the arc IF and only IF
a)You are a sniper
b)You are full online
c)You know that (ceteris paribus-if all ok) you will keep playing in the same world/server more than 2 years.

Otherwise ...enjoy the game by interested on OTHER usefull Great Buildings.

Disgruntled Veteran

FOE wiki has information on every aspect of this game without having to figure out if forum members are messing with you…

Long story short, the Arc is the most powerful GB in the game.

UberHelper1 made a youtube recently describing each of the GBs and their current worth. I highly recommend watching it!

JJ597

What is an Arc. A Great Building that is a place to dump excess collected forge points, after reaching level 80. Even better at higher levels, 90, 100, 110, 120, 130... still working to get higher in one of my worlds.