• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge point made but can't collect, worst rule ever.

Pericles the Lion

LOL. You have it backwards, dude. If you had been around long enough, you would know that I used to be mainly positive about the game. Now I'm mainly negative, but my attitude has been changed by the negative changes to the game, not the other way around, as you try to spin things.
He doesn't have it backwards and neither do you. Being negative, or positive, is a matter of choice. You choose to be negative, he doesn't. It's been my experience that people that view things positively are happier.

Wwwoodchuck

Being negative, or positive, is a matter of choice. You choose to be negative, he doesn't. It's been my experience that people that view things positively are happier.
I prefer being a realist. Being positive or negative is not a matter of choice for me, it is a matter of observation and personal experience.

If something is unpleasant to me, I do not view it as ‘positive’, I view it as negative. And yes, it might be very pleasant to another person and that does not make either of us right or wrong or one happier than the other.

Let’s look at an example from the game: Manual battling versus auto battling.

I find manual battle tedious and unpleasant, it is not something I enjoy. I am negative about manual battling.

Another user finds manual battle stimulating and exciting! To them, it is a positive.

If the game adds an aspect, such as Quantum Incursions, where manual battle will be the norm, I view Quantum Incursion battle negative and will not participate in that aspect. Another user finds it the best part of Quantum Incursions! They are excited and cannot understand why I will not participate. I am very happy I am not participating. They are very happy they are participating. Neither of us are incorrect, no one is happier than the other.

Let’s take the same two users in a different battle environment: GbG. I enjoy the Auto battle smashing the buttons over and over as fast as I can to take sectors in 15 seconds with the Guild! I find GbG a positive experience. The manual battle person dislikes auto battling. They prefer to manual battle and cannot get a single battle in any sector in GbG as they are taken too fast. They view GbG as a negative.

Are they now not happier because they viewed something as negative? If they would prefer to be a happier person, would they have to look at something they dislike as a positive?

Pericles the Lion

I prefer being a realist. Being positive or negative is not a matter of choice for me, it is a matter of observation and personal experience.

If something is unpleasant to me, I do not view it as ‘positive’, I view it as negative. And yes, it might be very pleasant to another person and that does not make either of us right or wrong or one happier than the other.

I find manual battle tedious and unpleasant, it is not something I enjoy. I am negative about manual battling.

Another user finds manual battle stimulating and exciting! To them, it is a positive.

If the game adds an aspect, such as Quantum Incursions, where manual battle will be the norm, I view Quantum Incursion battle negative and will not participate in that aspect. Another user finds it the best part of Quantum Incursions! They are excited and cannot understand why I will not participate. I am very happy I am not participating. They are very happy they are participating. Neither of us are incorrect, no one is happier than the other.

Let’s take the same two users in a different battle environment: GbG. I enjoy the Auto battle smashing the buttons over and over as fast as I can to take sectors in 15 seconds with the Guild! I find GbG a positive experience. The manual battle person dislikes auto battling. They prefer to manual battle and cannot get a single battle in any sector in GbG as they are taken too fast. They view GbG as a negative.

Are they now not happier because they viewed something as negative? If they would prefer to be a happier person, would they have to look at something they dislike as a positive?
You used a lot of words to end up restating what I said originally. Being positive, or negative, is a matter of choice.

Johnny B. Goode

It seems to me that there are those who think that being positive or negative is always up to the person, regardless of circumstances. Sometimes it is a choice, but many times it is not. There is no way to be positive about negative changes, either in life or in a game like this one. For example, I have a negative attitude about my ex raising my two children. That attitude is not a matter of choice, because there has been nothing positive come out of it, either for me or for my children (who are now adults and have been for years.) They have paid a heavy price for the courts giving my ex custody, and so have I. And I'm not talking financially, although I did pay child support for many years. Sure, there are situations where you can choose your attitude, but there are also many where your attitude is basically chosen for you by circumstances. And I refuse to pretend that something negative is really a positive just to please the Inno sycophants around here.

Darkest.Knight

Since I visit the game multiple times/day I've divided my collections into 3 blocks; makes it just a bit less mundane. That's not to say I wouldn't prefer a collection limit of 1000, would make it just a bit easier, lol, I would save 5 minutes.

Ebeondi Asi

It is true some things are not likely to be considered positive. But a lot of the complaints and dislike posted here are simple things that are in one's purview of choices. Generally the major problems here are complaints about change. Any change. Some players can adapt, some seemingly can't. So those folks come here and gripe .. pretty much endlessly it seems.
From reading the endless griping I have come to the realization they mostly have Princess and the Pea Syndrome. Not my problem.
Now if they were just in a car accident than left them in a wheelchair? yeah that sucks. Not having more than 100 on the bar is princess territory.
Yeah i would be nice to easily have more than 100 on the bar. that is not the problem. the problem is the whining LoL

Johnny B. Goode

Some players can adapt, some seemingly can't. So those folks come here and gripe .. pretty much endlessly it seems.
Not a question of adapting. A question of whether changes make the game more or less enjoyable. Or even playable with some of them. If you like all the changes so much, why don't you just play the game and avoid the "negativity" on the Forum? Endless "Pollyanna" posts are just as annoying as endlessly negative ones.

Angry.Blanket

It is true some things are not likely to be considered positive. But a lot of the complaints and dislike posted here are simple things that are in one's purview of choices. Generally the major problems here are complaints about change. Any change. Some players can adapt, some seemingly can't. So those folks come here and gripe .. pretty much endlessly it seems.
From reading the endless griping I have come to the realization they mostly have Princess and the Pea Syndrome. Not my problem.
Now if they were just in a car accident than left them in a wheelchair? yeah that sucks. Not having more than 100 on the bar is princess territory.
Yeah i would be nice to easily have more than 100 on the bar. that is not the problem. the problem is the whining LoL
Yes it is change that many complain about. It is not Good nor positive nor whatever to change something someone likes to something they don't like and tell them to just live with it. When I go to a restaurant and order eggs and bacon it sucks if they bring me spinach and fish. I hate both spinach and fish and no amount of telling me to be positive will change that.

Disgruntled Veteran

If only Inno could make increases every so-many eras… let’s say every three eras there’s an increase.

1st increase adds 10fp total 20fp
2nd increase adds 20fp total 40fp
Third increase adds 30fp total 70fp and so on.

To clarify, this is just an example, the increase amounts are up for discussion.

Sharmon the Impaler

If only Inno could make increases every so-many eras… let’s say every three eras there’s an increase.

1st increase adds 10fp total 20fp
2nd increase adds 20fp total 40fp
Third increase adds 30fp total 70fp and so on.

To clarify, this is just an example, the increase amounts are up for discussion.
It went form 10 to 100 two years ago and that is just fine. It encourages people to play with others to build up their banks of FP. even 200-300 on the bar wouldn't make a big difference. Most collections are between 700 - 4000 once you get to the upper eras so raising the bar won't help most players.

Disgruntled Veteran

It went form 10 to 100 two years ago and that is just fine. It encourages people to play with others to build up their banks of FP. even 200-300 on the bar wouldn't make a big difference. Most collections are between 700 - 4000 once you get to the upper eras so raising the bar won't help most players.

That’s my fault in my post. Let me correct that, lol

Again the increases are still up for debate, but if there were increases every 3 eras or so set at approximately 250fp then it should climb slow enough to not be too much too fast, but also make a difference for later eras.

But this conversation is all for not as Inno already decided to make increases a paid feature. The sad part is that far too many players subscribe for Inno to think that it’s a bad idea.

Sharmon the Impaler

The last three 1% buildings have raised in cost about 50$ each event and are about 250$ now, there are 9 events per year (I think). The 30$ / month is a pittance to some of those people even if it is junk.

Savvy187

He doesn't have it backwards and neither do you. Being negative, or positive, is a matter of choice. You choose to be negative, he doesn't. It's been my experience that people that view things positively are happier.
And some people see things for what they are. These people no doubt come off as negative when they are in fact just seeing things the way they are without the fantasy spin that most people are able to put on everything. Ignorance is bliss..

Big-Bendz

If you can't spend 100 FP's at any time, you have other issues. Most cities I have 300-400+ FP's each and every day. You can put a bunch on your own GB's, or research. If your GB's are locked at an upper limit, then you need to realize that putting FP's on a fellow guild-mate's or friend's or neighbor's GB is actually better. You get FP's back, you get BP's back and you get medals back. If you have an ARC level 80+, you will get back what you put in and then some. Do some searching online and you'll find ratios of GB's that other's have that give you a positive net flow. Alternatively, help the bottom 10 peeps in your guild especially with Obs and ARC's. This helps them, your guild and yourself. No loss there. There is realistically no upper limit to how many FP's can be spent.

Dursland

"Help the bottom 10 in your guild by randomly dumping on their gbs"

Yeah just make sure you ask first lol. That's actually sniping and liable to get someone kicked from a guild.