• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge point made but can't collect, worst rule ever.

Clearwater1001

Who would agree that its pointless to have a huge inventory of buildings but can't build them because if your holding over the max amount of forge points you can't collect the daily rewards? Some have multiple daily rewards but if one of them is forge points your just up a creek on collecting anything. At least make it so that you can collect everything else or just let us have the forge points since we earned the building or place. Seems pointless to do the work and earn things that you can't use.

xivarmy

Just spend the FP and then you can collect more.

I'd agree the limit should probably be higher by now, but suspect since they added that as a Forge+ perk it won't happen.

But the existence of some sort of limit is to prevent you from using your FP bar as a bank. You're supposed to have to spend it somehow.

UBERhelp1

I'd agree the limit should probably be higher by now, but suspect since they added that as a Forge+ perk it won't happen.
I think the issue goes deeper than that - there's no threshold they can really raise it to within reason. 1k? 10k? With the rate of FP we're getting, there really isn't a logical cap anymore. Most players will still run into it.

xivarmy

I think the issue goes deeper than that - there's no threshold they can really raise it to within reason. 1k? 10k? With the rate of FP we're getting, there really isn't a logical cap anymore. Most players will still run into it.
I think that was true when they raised it to 100 too. I certainly already ran into the 100 cap back then. But the fact that I only had to spend, say, 2 times instead of 15 times was still a big gain!

Would I run into 1000? yes. But it would help. Not $40/month worth of help. But help ;)

Edit: Mostly I think the most important threshold is "likely able to get through blue galaxy's charges without stopping to spend too many times". And I think 500-1000 would be enough for that for most people to get through blue galaxy with few stops (as well as most newish players to get through a full collection). After my blue galaxy charges are done I spend the 5 diamond collect-all to not have to dump again. They can continue to collect that luxury tax off me.

Last edited:

Dursland

Who would agree that its pointless to have a huge inventory of buildings but can't build them because if your holding over the max amount of forge points you can't collect the daily rewards? Some have multiple daily rewards but if one of them is forge points your just up a creek on collecting anything. At least make it so that you can collect everything else or just let us have the forge points since we earned the building or place. Seems pointless to do the work and earn things that you can't use.
Inno wants you to spend the fps, or use 5 diamonds to collect all.

Ebeondi Asi

I use the collect all twice a day. Once to collect the 15 buildings for Blue Galaxy and a second time to collect the rest. times three Worlds. No problem.
Why exactly can't you afford five Diamonds a day?
We all win way way more than that in GE and GbG.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Considering we're already in the territory of 100+ Forge Point buildings with the Settlement Changes and the 1% Wildlife League Building, regardless of how high or low they make the bar it would be reasonable to raise it

Honestly the funniest part to me is the forge plus being capped at 1k. Waaaay too low to be practically useful to any decent player fooled into buying forge plus.

Why does Forge+ even have a cap? :(

xivarmy

Why does Forge+ even have a cap? :(
I'd guess they don't want to throw out the principle of being forced to spend it at some point to collect more entirely. Though $40/month to have your FP bar be a FP bank is kinda pricy anyways. But they still want to keep F+ players engaged, not hoarding.

There is a reason very few places give us FP packs - because if you can hoard it, many people will hoard it. And that will decrease engagement levels with the game.

If they were willing to raise the regular one I'd suggest 1k being the normal limit, and 10k being the forge-plus limit.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

The real bottleneck is only being able to buy them up to 10. Then you have to spend before being able to buy again. At least we can collect all from the city at once with 5 diamonds with no limit to how many it will be (unless you're over 100, but that can be fixed with one set of clicks)

Disgruntled Veteran

Get onto a “good” 1.9 thread and learn how to store your fp in your inventory. Make sure you’re collecting your whole city at once each day. Spend all your fp on 1.9 spots ensuring that all your fp will transfer to your inventory once the owner lvls their GB. Every problem has a solution, or you can just complain.

Dursland

Or level high Great Buildings. I'm taking my arc to 140 and it's easy to collect because I can just drop it all right on the arc. Takes 8000+ fp to prime it for 1st/2nd locks so that's 3-4 days of collections covered.

Xenosaur

Or level high Great Buildings. I'm taking my arc to 140 and it's easy to collect because I can just drop it all right on the arc. Takes 8000+ fp to prime it for 1st/2nd locks so that's 3-4 days of collections covered.
Exactly - necessity is the mother of INVENTion. We're more INNOVATIVE as a player community than the game "stewards" on solving thorny problems in playing. We create to solve.

This game had better "harmony" as originally designed. Now? They only look tactically at their issues (mostly focused on revenue creation) vs keeping a game balance intact.
I have no problem with game inflation if that's their goal, but corresponding features of the game should keep pace with that. A 10 FP well was right when the game was "born", but not now. A 100 FP well limit isn't right now, either. Paying for 1000 isn't right either.

The game back then had a 10 FP limit on the well to soak up about 50% of the "1 FP/hour" in a day. That's when making 60 or 80 FP a day was a decent amount. I was in awe of cities making 400 FP a day.
People have IA cities now making 1500 FP/day collectables or more with a BG doubling critical buildings - NOT including GbG earnings.

We put up with it, but the game has really lost it's design balance.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

Over and over I read negative things on the Forum. And I find it is mainly attitude. Negative attitude makes some players (who also like to spew) spout endless negative trivia about the game. Actually reading this endless stream of vitriol has opened my eyes to realize it is all about how we each perceive things. The griping is so trivial I call it the Princess and the Pea syndrome. LoL
And I have adjusted my thinking and attitude to a much more positive attitude to the game as a result of all the negativeness here. The game changes, living in the past has no value. There is nothing Ican say is 'wrong' with the game at all, and really it even more fun to play than it was three years ago.
(I really never got into GvG, so I have to say I do not know much about it, other than a group of players really have enjoyed it)

Pericles the Lion

Having to dump the bar during city collection is, in my opinion, a minor annoyance at worst. The game introduces obstacles (in this case the 100FP limit) as well as the means to avoid obstacles (the 5 diamond collect all) and ways to avoid obstacles without needing to spend money (diamonds earned in GE/GBG). I would be pleased if INNO raised the limit but I'm not going to complain about where it is presently.

Johnny B. Goode

Over and over I read negative things on the Forum. And I find it is mainly attitude. Negative attitude makes some players (who also like to spew) spout endless negative trivia about the game.
LOL. You have it backwards, dude. If you had been around long enough, you would know that I used to be mainly positive about the game. Now I'm mainly negative, but my attitude has been changed by the negative changes to the game, not the other way around, as you try to spin things.