• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the History Event 2024

Dursland

I'm excited about the main building for this one. I have 2 Panda Shrines since that event and they are outdated now.

I get to replace them with more fps, more goods, and almost triple the attack. Luckily there are 1x1s behind the shrines so it's a perfect fit.

The league building having QI boost is cool but I won't be getting that in Dilmun.

I am not excited about the use of tribal war graphics, which are hideous. On beta, the game play speed was a bit slow, but mostly it was totally uninspiring. The ugly graphics and boring animations weren't appealing, the rewards were unexciting, the strategy so automatic as to be non-existent. I am not hopeful of major improvements now that it is going live. Especially if the building stats and levels are getting "rebalanced" (i.e, nerfed to to remove any motivation to try this uneventful event)

xivarmy

The league building having QI boost is cool but I won't be getting that in Dilmun.
Say what? I see no QI symbols on anything?

Edit: Ah I see, yesterday it was posted on beta that there will be one (including on some of the generated buildings not just the league building). But the knowledgebase articles has not been updated yet.

Last edited:

jaymoney23456

I'm excited about the main building for this one. I have 2 Panda Shrines since that event and they are outdated now.

I get to replace them with more fps, more goods, and almost triple the attack. Luckily there are 1x1s behind the shrines so it's a perfect fit.

Where do you see a QI boost from any building?-it didn't show one stats for any of the buildings you can get in the history event.

Ebeondi Asi

Still have to see if the 'limited' is viable. can one gain as many as needed every two weeks?
Inno is handing out tiny dribbles on Quantum. Not impressed yet. Have to see now it plays out in the Event.

xivarmy

Still have to see if the 'limited' is viable. can one gain as many as needed every two weeks?
Inno is handing out tiny dribbles on Quantum. Not impressed yet. Have to see now it plays out in the Event.
It seems like we may only be able to win the limited ones during the event - the building that used to make those ones is announced to have lost that ability but I don't know what its new stats are (12 hours before the event opens and building stats still aren't available on an official post lol). But potentially you could win many many of them. So you might be in a situation where you have to decide how fast to use them - and then they'll be all gone.

The league building is a permanent boost for the 1% in the event.

Game play is tedious, and the 3 event buildings [level 2s of Grove Sanctuary, Lilac Garden, Ethereal Fountain] which made this marginally worthwhile on Beta, have been downgraded to the point of uselessness.
And the "completely new style" of graphics is a joke: it's just recycling the cartoon network's tribal war graphics. Inno is now even skimping on FoE's graphics by recycling them from other games. That's just lazy, and undercuts one of the pleasures of FoE: the sometimes amazing graphics.

Ebeondi Asi

I've decided to play the Event. The graphics are interesting to me. not the usual Foe style, but still interesting.
I need to remember the rock paper scissors, and what the three level of difficulty really mean.
Ubernerds video is pretty good.

Last edited: