• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forge of Empires Forum

UBERhelp1
UBERhelp1
I call it natural selection.
DreadfulCadillac
DreadfulCadillac
yeah those idiots are crazy.let em die off do to not staying 6f apart. the rest of us can survive, we dont need em anyway
UBERhelp1
UBERhelp1
I don't want anyone to die. They do have valid reasons to be angry, but the way they are protesting... it isn't smart to say the least. In most cases, after a protest, COVID cases have spiked. It's like being mad at a fire, so you pour gasoline on it.
Praetorius
Praetorius
Well it's like if a drunken idiot stumbles into a lion's den and starts hitting the lion. I'm not saying he deserves to die, but I'm not sad if he gets mauled to death by the lion for pushing his luck like that.
Graviton
Graviton
These lockdowns were never meant to save lives, they were meant to spread out the deaths over time so as not to overwhelm the health care system. The same number of people are going to die from it no matter what, at least until a vaccine is developed and that's many months from now.
Graviton
Graviton
Meanwhile, millions of people are out of work and can no longer put food on the table nor pay their rent. It's great if you can afford to huddle in your house for months on end but many people aren't that fortunate. People will also die from the recession/depression we've been forced into. This whole thing was mishandled from the beginning, is still being mishandled, and people are justifiably angry about that.
Graviton
Graviton
There are good people on both sides of this issue. Making fun of them, wishing death on them, pretending that the death rate of this thing is astronomcally high instead of very low, acting as if everyone can hide in their houses with no impact to thier families and livelihoods, doesn't do anything but make you look very small.
DreadfulCadillac
DreadfulCadillac
Which is why I belive the government should provide stimulus and relief to these people. In canada i belive the government gave stimulus checks of 2K to every citizen.
There should be no need for starving people in a economically stable country.
Also, More people will die if there was no social distancing, so your comment"the same number will die no matter what" is wrong
Graviton
Graviton
It's not wrong, it's science. Until there is a vaccine; and until people are vaccinated before leaving their homes, it's only common sense that the people who haven't yet been exposed will be exposed. The government can't just keep printing money, certainly not enough to make up for the economy being almost completely shut down. We aren't economically stable right now, that's the whole point.
Graviton
Graviton
You can talk about how it should be, I'm talking about how it is.
Graviton
Graviton
DreadfulCadillac
DreadfulCadillac
What i meant is that there is a higher chance of dying if you go out and socialize, im not arguing the science
Graviton
Graviton
No, your chance of exposure is higher if you go out and socialize; and that won't change after the lockdown ends; again, the same number of people will be exposed in the long run. Your chances of dying from it depend on a lot of factors, primarily age and pre-existing conditions, but if you're young and healthy, are remarkably small.
DreadfulCadillac
DreadfulCadillac
But, you wont die from it if you dont get it, and you have less of a risk of getting it when in lockdown