• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Search results

1. [Question] AI not attacking rogues first

That's true if you care about a high degree of certainty. I'm satisfied with conjecture in this case because there's no risk if he's wrong. Plus it's super easy to test his claims: just find yourself in a situation you'd be in anyway; either it goes the way he says, or it doesn't.
  2. [Question] How much does damage reduce attack?

I'd be surprised if it factors in auto battle. I'm guessing that system doesn't use much more than relative strengths and dice rolls. I never autobattle. Probably doesn't make much difference for very strong ages. If the effect is big enough, I could probably get rid of a couple of military...
  3. [Question] How much does damage reduce attack?

I was referring to this question and my response. The point of this thread has always been one simple question: what is the proportional relationship between damage taken and attack reduction. Why do you keep bringing up confounding variables? That's like me saying I think there's a correlation...
  4. [Question] How much does damage reduce attack?

That's fair. I was asked why I didn't tell my source their claim (that injured units do less damage) was wrong; the point I was trying to make is I don't have any evidence to support that claim. The burden of proof would fall on me, not them. The only realistic place to find that evidence is...
  5. [Question] How much does damage reduce attack?

Sorry, I was expanding on my answer when you posted this. I explicitly stated in an earlier post that I'm not asking for technical nuances, like piecewise functions for example. I agree there's no reason to expect a forum moderator to have a perfect understanding of game mechanics. I don't know...
  6. [Question] How much does damage reduce attack?

Because I assumed the owner of the game would be more knowledgeable. The only evidence I have that their claim is untrue is your claim that it isn't. Maybe you're right, but I'm scientifically skeptical. I don't know what your source is. Unless you've read the scripts recently, and you...
  7. [Question] AI not attacking rogues first

Well, what are some of those situations? Are they ever ignored in GBG? I fight 20+ battles a day, so it's hard to be certain of which battles they were ignored. It should be easier to predict than to recall. Most of us who fight in GBG, GE and CM every day probably won't be able to answer your...
  8. [Question] How much does damage reduce attack?

I'd be breaking the forum rules to say where I got the information, but I didn't come up with idea. It sure seems like units with lower health do less damage, but as @DevaCat points out, anecdotes aren't strong evidence. I'll have to take your word for it. @DevaCat , I can understand his...
  9. [Question] How much does damage reduce attack?

This has gotten way more mathematical than I intended. I was hoping folks had a rule of thumb, like if your heavy knight has one bar of health, its attack is reduced by 20%. Sounds like it may only be true for artillery. I was making the point that if damage reduces attack, the relationship can...
  10. [Question] How much does damage reduce attack?

I expressly said it's a variable range. If you did the exercise I described above, a simple linear regression model in R would give you a very good idea of what that value would be. The output would be something like, damage dealt=initial attack power * -log(damage taken), with a range (e.g. +/...
  11. [Question] How much does damage reduce attack?

I guess if the damage drop-off was big enough to matter, it would be common knowledge. One way to test would be to find undefended cities and let the spearmen hit first, skip a turn, and let him again. Record his initial damage, his health after retaliation, and his second damage. Assuming it...
  12. [Question] How much does damage reduce attack?

I'm not sure if we're on the same page. Set strategy aside. Are you saying there's no rule of thumb to estimate how much less damage an injured unit will be able to inflict vs the same unit with full health, under the same conditions? After 997 fights, I'm aware of the those factors. This...
  13. [Question] AI not attacking rogues first

The units were for illustrative purposes; the point is they let my rogues walk right up and shank 'em to death. It's happening consistently in the CM today regardless of the other unit types or number of rogues (I've used 2-6). They don't always ignore rogues, but they usually do. Which units...
  14. [Question] How much does damage reduce attack?

Why should facing >2 units change the strategy? It's hard to ask questions that precisely articulate what you want to know - even for scientists. You're right, I specified two units, but @WearyBrawler299 understands my question. I phrased it more formally in my previous post a few minutes ago.
  15. [Question] How much does damage reduce attack?

I'm not interested in arguments, just trying to get a straight answer to a straight question. If you think "dead units can't retaliate" is a helpful answer, I must have failed to ask an intelligible question. I'll rephrase the question about strategy. Ignoring retaliation and variables except...
  16. [Question] How much does damage reduce attack?

That didn't really answer the question, but thanks for replying. Wolfhoundtoo gave a better answer.
  17. [Question] AI not attacking rogues first

I'm certain my rogues were in range...they walked right up to cannons. I suppose I could he wrong about it being in GE (I fought a lot of battles yesterday), but I'm pretty confident it happened twice in level 3.
  18. [Question] How much does damage reduce attack?

I can't see the health bars clearly enough to calculate how much damage reduces attack strength. Suppose you've got one turn against a unit with low health, and a unit with full health. All else being equal, would you take less damage by killing the unit with lower health, or by attacking the...
  19. [Question] AI not attacking rogues first

Is it normal for the AI not to attack rogues first when they're in range? I used 2 knights + 6 rogues vs 6 cannons and 2 imperial guards. They never targeted a rogue; I walked them up the battlefield and defeated most of their units with one hit. Here's some context, in case that's unusual: I...