• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

1.9x

fred64

Would like to participate in 1.9 thread but know nothing about how it works. Have searched for guides but not wording it right. I guess. I have watched the posts but they make no sense to me. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Emberguard

Example graphic:

Oracle_of_Delphi_example.png

As a Participant:
Reward x 1.9

So if you wanted to take 1st you'd type in to the Calculator: 30 x 1.9.

image.png

Your contribution to place 1st position on the building will be 57.

If the number ends in .5, round it up the next whole number

As the Owner:

Your job is to place the amount that would be remaining once all positions are filled

1st: 57
2nd: 29 (28.5 rounded up)
3rd: 10 (9.5 rounded up)
4th: N/A
5th: N/A
Total Contributions: 96 Forge Points
Owner Contribution: 210 - 96 = 114 Forge Points

So in this example you'd be expected as the Owner to place 114 Forge Points to finish leveling it. If the 4th and 5th positions are filled for the Blueprints then you might have a couple Forge Points less to place

TL;DR below section, don't want to manually secure each position
You can Google for "FoE Arc calculator" and you should find a website that does all the calculations for you. Then it's easy enough as the contributor to use a normal calculator for Reward x 1.9, and using the website calculator when you want to secure a spot for those taking a spot on your building

Securing positions

Now this is the important part for ensuring no one gets sniped from an outsider. The point of securing a spot is to make it mathematically impossible for anyone to overtake those on the building

Instead of placing your entire contribution as the Owner, you just place the amount needed to secure the positions you want taken first. Once those are taken you then add your contribution for the next position, so on and so forth. This means if an outsider puts Forge Points on the building you haven't reduced the amount they can take the position for

(Remaining to Level / 2) - (Positions to secure)
= if positive number, keep going. If negative, the position is already secure
= (Amount to Level / 2) - (Answer / 2)
= Owner contribution (round up if ending in .5)

You can then check you've got the correct calculation by taking the amount to level, reducing it by the Owner contribution, and making sure the amount your donator will place is equal or higher to the remaining amount

Example calculation (Securing for 1st + 2nd):
(210 / 2) - (57 + 29) = 19
(210 / 2) - (19 / 2) = 95.5 (round up to 96)
Owner contribution to secure spots: 96

210 - 96 = 114 remaining - (57 + 29) = 28 left in the Oracle of Delphi once 1st + 2nd + Owner is placed. 1st and 2nd are secure.

Note: 1st + 2nd are always secured together. It's mathematically impossible to secure 1st without 2nd if they're both being secured at the same rate. At certain levels you may have to secure 3rd position at the same time as 1st + 2nd

If there's already a (unwanted) contributor on the building, and you need to secure a spot:

Let's pretend three separate players dumped 3 Forge Points on the building. You want to make sure they can't increase their contribution to knock off a 1.9 contributor, while also ensuring you're not paying any more than you have to.

So, the calculations then look like:
Remaining to level: 210 - 9 = 201

Securing for 1st + 2nd
(Remaining to level / 2) - (Positions to secure) + (Highest unwanted contributor x 2)
= (Amount to Level / 2) - (Answer / 2)
= Owner contribution

(201 / 2) - (57 + 29) + (3 x 2) = 20.5
= (201 / 2) - (20.5 / 2)
= 90 (Owner Contribution)

In this example once you've fully filled the building you'll have paid 105 Forge Points instead of the original estimate of 114

Last edited:

fred64

Looks like it's gonna be a while before I join the 1.9x thread. I didn't realize it was that involved.. Thanks for the reply and your time.

Looks like it's gonna be a while before I join the 1.9x thread. I didn't realize it was that involved.. Thanks for the reply and your time.
It's really not that complicated once you get used to it. A couple of things:

In any properly managed 1.9 thread, the owner will post the required contribution for each spot. This means the contributors don't need to do the math themselves. Of course, it does happen that people make mistakes, but that is fairly rare. And once you know what you're doing, you'll be able to spot it.

There are external sites which are easy to find if you look for them which will do the math for you, This is especially helpful for people posting their buildings.

In any case, the advantages of using a 1.9 thread are enormous and you are being short-sighted if you don't make the effort to do so.

WillyTwoShoes

Would like to participate in 1.9 thread but know nothing about how it works. Have searched for guides but not wording it right. I guess. I have watched the posts but they make no sense to me. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
The way I finally understood it was by doing an internet search for - Simple foe 1.9 thread calculators -

I started plugging in some numbers using my GB's and looking over the results the lightbulb went off.