• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

+1 Eggs on Collect: Who's Tired???

DeletedUser3052

I am really getting tired of collecting "one-sies" when it comes to picking up eggs from all around. I get 2x 20's and 1x 50 among the +1's. Inno screwed us by having the event only 2 weeks. At this rate, the wishing well is going to be out of reach for most when the event ends; even worse, those wishing to do the final quest, won't be able to grab all the rewards. How many are feeling the same?

Come on, Inno, get with the program and make the event worthwhile. It was on the beta (zz) server.

DeletedUser4074

I got a wishing well in just over a week on zz. The problem I am going to have is not being able to place 285 eggs in two weeks, not not getting enough eggs to buy everything.

DeletedUser

I've done the math, and it's entirely possible to do all the quests and get enough eggs from others at the current rates to get at least all the items. It's cutting it very close and you can't afford to do less than 19 placements a day over the time, but it's possible.

DeletedUser3485

The issue I see is that to get the "cool new" buildings, you'll have to use diamonds to acquire them. That isn't a level playing field for some players. If you're having a fair event, everyone should be able to get the items being offered. Otherwise, just do like you do with all the other "coiner" items.

DeletedUser2145

You don't have to use diamonds to get said buildings. You'll see a number of eggs on them - that's what you can buy them with. The diamond price next to them is basically buying a big enough number of eggs that will allow you to purchase them with eggs.

DeletedUser3052

You don't have to use diamonds to get said buildings. You'll see a number of eggs on them - that's what you can buy them with. The diamond price next to them is basically buying a big enough number of eggs that will allow you to purchase them with eggs.

Actually there are a few in my neighborhood that had used diamonds to buy their stuff instead of waiting a long time. It's pretty much a cash cow with a short time span. On the beta server, some of us gave feed back in wanting the egg meter to be on par with the FP (in terms of number of slots). As it stood, I guess it got shot down, so now people are timing it (and probably losing sleep/getting in trouble with families/jobs) so they can use the best of the event. I don't know though, maybe it is me, maybe it is on them.

DeletedUser2145

Events at beta always last a bit longer, as they start earlier there but they have the same end date as the event here. Agreed, 2 weeks might be a bit low, not for collecting eggs but giving them out - as Obsidian Diego said in another thread, one would have to give away at least 19-20 eggs a day to finish all the quests, which would obviously be hard on those who have obligations that take away most of their time.

As for getting the rewards, I think one should consider that acquiring one of each of the rewards is sufficient - that's 1240 eggs, not that huge of amount for 2 weeks. Sure, people got multiples of many rewards over at beta, but that's a testing server, these rewards should still be "special" and one shouldn't have their city flooded with them. So I guess my opinion on the length of the event is slightly torn --- I see where the devs are coming from as I think it is ridiculous for people to have 6 wishing wells for example; the only "bad thing" that I can see is 2 weeks not being enough for people to finish all the quests.

DeletedUser

I would have liked to see this event extended until the following weekend after the 3rd, but I do not believe it will happen. So buck up, place your eggs, and try and run the table with what they gave us. I got my first wishing well today, and there's still plenty of time left to get prizes. If I can be more than 30% of the way to the necessary total to get the final bonus quest, with a full time job, so can you.

DeletedUser4074

I think it is ridiculous for people to have 6 wishing wells for example

I was hoping we'd be limited to one well and one rogue hideout - they lose the special feeling when you see cities with three or four of them.

DeletedUser

Well, the diamond players are going to get those extra ones, we know that. However for most of us, we'll be hard pressed to get more than 1 of each. Maybe a rare non-diamond player will get a second rogue or second wishing well, but unlikely both.

DeletedUser3305

I think alot depends upon what type of guild / neighborhood your in and the luck with the eggs you get. I've gotten multiple 20s and a couple 50s. Between my guild, neighborhood and friends I get between 60-80 eggs a day. I average over a 100 pts a day. I'm sure they're people doing better then that and some less. Just like BPs it's luck. All I can say to some is make deals with as many people as you can egg them and they egg you. Build up the odds of getting higher egg pts.

DeletedUser3052

I think alot depends upon what type of guild / neighborhood your in and the luck with the eggs you get. I've gotten multiple 20s and a couple 50s. Between my guild, neighborhood and friends I get between 60-80 eggs a day. I average over a 100 pts a day. I'm sure they're people doing better then that and some less. Just like BPs it's luck. All I can say to some is make deals with as many people as you can egg them and they egg you. Build up the odds of getting higher egg pts.

You're probably right about that. Now, I just read a note when I came on Dunarsund that there are people out there creating multiple accounts to exploit the event by amassing eggs.

Liberty

Aren't the colored eggs supposed to be worth more? I ask because some of my colored ones are worth more than 1 point, but some are not.

DeletedUser1862

the only "bad thing" that I can see is 2 weeks not being enough for people to finish all the quests.
I calculated the minimum amount of time for Greeva to be just under two weeks @ one 'egg' ~1/hour, to fill her quota, so it kinda makes sense she'd only do it for two weeks. But that's laying the eggs, not picking them up.
It's probably going to leave some people wondering if they missed something if they don't finish all the quests.

DeletedUser2927

I have 2 wishing wells and a watchtower. I haven't spent a diamond on any of them. I am not impressed with the rogues and would rather have the 40 forge points that can be bought with the 400 eggs. I don't care for the cheesy portraits. What do they have to do with Easter anyways. The blueprint pieces that others have told me about were duplicates for buildings they have already built. The only thing left is the forge points. I have moved up 2.5 research modules and donated to a couple of Great Buildings with them.

DeletedUser

I'm not a diamond player, but i've already got the Wishing Well, and 18 Watchifires, which is the equivalent of 1400 Eggs harvested.

It seems to me that perhaps what the underlying issue here is, is that people aren't being egged enough. Whether that's because you're not part of an active guild, or have enough people in your friend's list to egg you in order to increase the frequency of eggs harvested and increase the frequency of eggs that will turn out to be the 5's, 20's or 50's....is something that's in your control.

I think the developers have done a good job in giving us the tools we need to get plenty of eggs from various sources, but we need to be the ones who are assessing whether or not we're maximizing our ability to receive eggs from various sources.

I wish you all the best in achieving the remaining eggs you need for whatever you're attempting to build.

Cheers. :)

DeletedUser8712

Some one I know has ,last time I looked, 2 wishing well, 2 Shrines, and about 15 watch fires and a ton of other stuff that they didn't have before this event so they had to have bought their eggs. I'm lucky I got 1 watch fire, a Queen, a champion and a little bit else. I should have gotten the wishing well first and then tried for the other stuff. I just didn't want to put a bunch of money in this game and it would have taken me the whole game to get the well.

DeletedUser10304

I was one egg shy of completing the quest 68/69 eggs hidden when it ended at 7pm EST my time, If it was to end on the 23rd it should have ended at the very last min of the 23rd 11:59 pm...also the egg bar should of held 10 just like the forge points.

DeletedUser10789

Sorry Nicholas for you not finishing your quest. I finished all the quests and I still remained 290 eggs short to get 1 of each. My luck of a string of +1 egg continued and it did upset me enough to write a support ticket on it as well. I did infact purchase diamonds too, just to get extra eggs, so I would have been way short of getting the Shrine that I wanted badly.

The sad part is, the game is not fair and is based on luck. If you are unlucky, you then fall into the same category as myself.

Needless to say, I learned very valuable lesson about support and the feelings for their players. I guess I am back to judging games predicated on their customer support and their actual willingness to help fix problems and issues.

A big thanks go out to my guildies who did all they could to help me, I still failed to get my Shrine of Knowledge, even-though I completed every single Easter Event Quest. Notice the problem, luck plays a factor and some are more lucky then others. Just like life, some things are just not fair to all. So be it, lesson learned.