• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

12-31 Winter event quest not doable

• Thread starter DeletedUser14517
  • Start date

DeletedUser14517

I'd love to hear the excuse for this one from whoever thought this would be a good idea.

So the "quest" from Frosty today is "In a production building, finish a 24-hour production". Because we get these quests at the same time each day, (10pm local time for me), and because at that same time each day the quest changes, how exactly are we to "complete" a 24 production before the next quest change? There is no way to finish any production sooner than the timer allows, so please explain to me how this is supposed to work?

DeletedUser8428

I'm not exactly sure what the issue is ... you launch a 24-hour production. When it finishes, you'll get the next quest which is not likely to take 24-hours to complete so when you've done it, you'll be caught up. What's the problem?

DeletedUser14517

New quests start at the same time each day. Once the new quest starts, old quests are no longer valid. Because you cannot complete a 24 production sooner than 24 hours, the new quest for tomorrow will already be in effect, thereby nullifying today's quest.

DeletedUser8428

Not my experience. Never heard of a quest being "nullified". Has this happened to you in other quests?

DeletedUser14517

I've always been able to complete them before the next quest began. Is there somewhere here where it states that quests can be completed at any time?

DeletedUser8428

In the screen that displays the quest itself, use the question mark that provides the hint. Seems to me your nullification idea isn't valid ( I almost said it was 'null') Happy 2015

DeletedUser14517

All that says is that the winter quests will be available til January 4th. If that is meant to indicate that ALL of the quests can be saved up and done whenever you want to up til the 4th, it is extraordinarily poorly written. What that message tells me is that the winter event will go until the 4th. Happy 2015 to you as well.

DeletedUser9393

You can complete the 24 hour production any time before the 4th and get your 20 stars.

DeletedUser14142

He's saying that it is a 24 hour quest...there is only 24 hrs in a day...by the time that he is aware of the quest details, it is too late to complete the 24 hour quest b4 the next day.... therefore he wont receive the stars on time to try and get the prize for that particular day... I get exactly what he means ;) like right now...its 1:43 am here.... i just became aware of quest details for this 24 hour production... if i start it right now it will complete at 1:43 am tomorrow ... since i have no stars saved up, it is impossible for me to win any Reno-kits today unless i buy diamonds or wait till the next day and buy them with 2000 diamonds each ;( ;( ;( That sucks Inno!!!!!!!! i already missed the SoKs cause i cant buy diamonds on sundays where i live... nothing is open and the SAME thing will happen today cause i cant reload my prepaid visa to buy diamonds on New Years Day....nothing is open again... MEANING I HAVE NO CHANCE OF GETTING RENO KITS ;( ;( ;( -- dazed126 --:tdown::devil:

DeletedUser2145

An event building is a building that can only be acquired through an event in the game.

And yes the quests stack up so you can work on a quest over a span of two days (or two weeks or whatever).

DeletedUser9393

He's saying that it is a 24 hour quest...there is only 24 hrs in a day...by the time that he is aware of the quest details, it is too late to complete the 24 hour quest b4 the next day.... therefore he wont receive the stars on time to try and get the prize for that particular day... I get exactly what he means ;) like right now...its 1:43 am here.... i just became aware of quest details for this 24 hour production... if i start it right now it will complete at 1:43 am tomorrow ... since i have no stars saved up, it is impossible for me to win any Reno-kits today unless i buy diamonds or wait till the next day and buy them with 2000 diamonds each ;( ;( ;( That sucks Inno!!!!!!!! i already missed the SoKs cause i cant buy diamonds on sundays where i live... nothing is open and the SAME thing will happen today cause i cant reload my prepaid visa to buy diamonds on New Years Day....nothing is open again... MEANING I HAVE NO CHANCE OF GETTING RENO KITS ;( ;( ;( -- dazed126 --:tdown::devil:
Also untrue. You have one chance since you get 10 Stars for pressing the start button.
And also, What you are saying is not what the original poster (Tolemac) said.

DeletedUser8902

that was the stoooopidest quest ever.
I agree, and i also asked the question.
iN one world, i was lucky i had the 24hr thing going, but still got no paint.
still, that one should be looked at,,,, 24hr? is weed legal in Germany?

DeletedUser10806

What the heck is all the fuss about.
Anyone who is part of a guild or logs into the forum would have known that this one was coming up and would have started the 24hr production well before it came up as a quest.

Not innos fault that some folks can't think for themselves.

DeletedUser15042

As long as you are not behind, there is no issue. Say you started the 24 hour production, 12 hours into the day. 12 hours into the next day, it will finish. That days event will apear after finishing the prior days. You do not miss anything. Now if you waited a day to do multiple events, then yes, you will not be able to finish. But that is not the games fault.

DeletedUser14525

since i have no stars saved up, it is impossible for me to win any Reno-kits today unless i buy diamonds or wait till the next day and buy them with 2000 diamonds each ;( ;( ;( That sucks Inno!!!!!!!! i already missed the SoKs cause i cant buy diamonds on sundays where i live... nothing is open and the SAME thing will happen today cause i cant reload my prepaid visa to buy diamonds on New Years Day....nothing is open again... MEANING I HAVE NO CHANCE OF GETTING RENO KITS ;( ;( ;( -- dazed126 --:tdown::devil:
You're problem here is not that you cannot complete the Quest to get Stars. You're problem seems to be that you did not save any Stars so that you could be sure to get important Prizes such as Rogue Hideouts, SoKs, or Reno Kits. I learned from my very first Event to save for the 'good stuff'. I started right before the Soccer Event and had no idea what an Event even was. I ended up buying stupid sundials and other worthless crap.
For the overall topic of this Forum. Quests are not lost if you do not finish them that day. Yes you can wait until Jan 3 to do all of them if you wanted. You will find that once you finish your 24 hr production the next Quest will come up. I am saying this from experience. I was curious and tried it out. If your Quest is "nullified" you definitely need to get in touch with Inno.

DeletedUser11279

A little late to respond here but: In 1 world I waited 3 days to do a quest and simply collect my 10 free stars each day, and played if there was something there I wanted. You did not have to do each quest each day. The quest stayed up until you did it and then it moved to the next quest. You never missed out as long as you eventually did them.

DeletedUser23516

I'm stuck on Frosty Day 14 quest "Finish each of the 6 production options once". I've been stuck on this quest for 5 days now (or more). I have ALL the production buildings that I can have and it's stuck on 4/6. Any ideas on what the problem could be? Help!!

DeletedUser9393

Finish:
1. A 5 minute production in any production building.
2. A 15 minute production in any production building.
3. A 1 hour production in any production building.
4. A 4 hour production in any production building.
5. A 8 hour production in any production building.
6. A 1 day production in any production building.
Done.

DeletedUser8428

I'm stuck on Frosty Day 14 quest "Finish each of the 6 production options once". I've been stuck on this quest for 5 days now (or more). I have ALL the production buildings that I can have and it's stuck on 4/6. Any ideas on what the problem could be? Help!!
I think you're stuck because you don't know which ones you've done, right? SO do as MightyTiger suggests. In one building, start a 5 min, in another a 15 min, another a 1 hour etc. You won't get lost that way.