• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

2 lane roads

The Froggle

So I've reached the point where very soon, I can't build much without 2 lane roads. I'm approaching completion of Progressive Age. It looks like I'm going to have to scrap several buildings, put in some random 2 lanes and then start rebuilding my entire city from scratch. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?
I'm in pretty good shape on Gold, (20 M), Supplies (10 M) & Goods (several hundred each from my current age). I've got quite a few nice buildings from Special Events & Daily Specials as well as a couple of GBs (and several complete Blueprints that I'd like to add) that I definitely don't want to give up. Is there a decent strategy for moving ahead?
Thanks for any suggestions you can give.

Ebeondi Asi

You need only a few bits of Two lane road. I use just one 2x2 and that is it in SAAB. all the rest are one lane.
Most buildings still only require a one lane road. The two lane bits you can place next to your City hall and one lane extending from that works for one lane buildings. it takes only a little ability to get at least two Buildings requiring it into position next to a single 2x2 bit of road. I did at time place a second single 2x2 on a different side of City Hall to add another two lane building. usually for quests.
If yo need to actually build Goods buildings, and more than two things that need two lane, one stretch of two lane is usually enough.
All the players I see with huge amounts of two lane roads are just doing it for appearance. Or they do not understand how to arrange their city very well.

Last edited:

Kranyar the Mysterious

2 lane roads aren't needed for most buildings, like event buildings and great buildings, so try to limit the number you place in your city.

In my FE city I only have one single two lane road segment for the whole city which is connected to my one Hover Tank Base (for Traz and a few attached units)

I don't use any goods or production buildings in my city (except blacksmiths for quests). Any production buildings built to fulfil an event quest are just placed in any open spot, then deleted. Chateau and event buildings take care of my goods.

Do remember that two lane roads only work if they are directly attached to your town hall. One lane roads will work fine off of a two lane road, but not visa versa. A two lane road connected off of a one lane road (but not directly to town hall) just acts as an overly large one lane road.

Hope this helps.

SomePlayer5000

You dont have to replace all the roads with 2x2. Some buildings every age will require those 2x2 roads though. So you dont have to go rebuilding your whole city. Just maybe get a bunch of supplies and coins to build the 2x2 roads, move some stuff around and you should be good to go. It goes on from that point.