• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] 2 months old, impatient and eager

Plain Red Justice

Actually being Sniped gives you more then swapping and losing out.
It depends. I have a funny SAAB guildmate that placed his Arc 89 in the swap threads so what happens is that once it reaches the 1k FPs spot, the epic SAAB players from other guilds takes advantage of the player in question. He gains a lot from it since he truly saves a lot of FP from being sniped compared to raw swapping.

It's not identical rules
They all have the same requirement which is usually being taken for granted: being an active player. It's required to win snipes against other snipers inside sniping arenas, required to do the epic 133.3% GE race, all the micro that's going on GBG sectors and of course, winning swap threads. The fundamental requirement for winning all of them starts at being an active player

If 1.9 isn’t giving anything back then swaps won’t either unless you mean swap onto a high level GB while placing a low level GB
Yeah that's why I specified that it's optimal for a Swapper's low level GBs.
The target GB to win doesn't need to be very high because that would be outside of a newbie's capabilities then. Like competing for the likes of Terracotta Army, Virgo Project and Space Carrier for example because they require a higher total FPs to level compared to the usual GBs your average player levels.

Plain Red Justice

"Being active" doesn't make it the same strategy. It means they logged onto the game
Are you arguing against the obvious and logical standard that "active players should be rewarded"? You seem to dislike generic swap threads because you don't like what's happening to the players that don't win when in actuality it's just rewarding active players.

Emberguard

No I'm not. I'm saying it's a different strategy altogether. Being active is irrelevant to whether something is identical. Of course you're going to be active if you're participating

Generic swap threads in themselves are fine when they're not being abused. What you're suggesting is to manipulate the threads in a way that only works if you're the only one doing it. If everyone did what you're suggesting the strategy would cease to work. Because you're suggesting to only put GBs in if there's "almost nothing" to get from the GB you're expecting others to place into while you place into a high yield spot. That's almost the exact opposite of being active as it requires you to hold off participating until a perfect opportunity arrives

Last edited:

Plain Red Justice

If everyone did what you're suggesting the strategy would cease to work. Because you're suggesting to only put GBs in if there's "almost nothing" to get from the GB you're expecting others to place into while you place into a high yield spot. That's almost the exact opposite of being active as it requires you to hold off participating until a perfect opportunity arrives
Again, it depends on the numbers Emberguard. It's not automatically malicious like what you're making it out to be

For example I have profited off a level 2 Kraken using 100 FP on a 25 FP first place (48 FP reward). Take note that it's a level 2 GB but I managed to profit from it even with a meagre 48% return because I placed the FPs on my low level Cape 12, a GB that only adds 1 FP for dailies even if I level it and asks for so much self-investment provided that I'm dumb enough to 1.9 it

Emberguard

but I managed to profit from it even with a meagre 48% return because I placed the FPs on my low level Cape 12, a GB that only adds 1 FP for dailies even if I level it and asks for so much self-investment provided that I'm dumb enough to 1.9 it
1.9 on a Lvl 12 Cape gives the owner 44.19% profit guaranteed, so you're not that far off from if you just did 1.9 anyway

Emberguard

Well yeah, that's 100 FPs this time. I'm just surprised that if you find 1.9 to be so little you're happy with that result from a swap, particularly if that's indicative of the usual amount you get. It sounded like it would be a lot more. You'd have to be consistently getting more then 44.19% from every swap you do for it to be better then 1.9 for a lvl 12 Cape

Edit: And hang on, I thought you said swaps like this would be the fastest way to grow even if someone had a low level Arc? 48 reward on 25 FP base reward requires a Lvl 80 Arc. If you didn't have the Arc that'd only be 25% profit.

Last edited:

Plain Red Justice

Why are my posts bad Nicholas?@Nicholas002 Is it bad because you've always been proven to be wrong every single time? Is it bad because you simply refuse the concept of fair competition in videogames?

Again, another strawman. Why imply that swaps are good when a GB is in a sweet spot? I've told you this several times before whenever you try to argue against the benefit of swap threads when will you ever learn I wonder

Last edited:

Plain Red Justice

Well yeah, that's 100 FPs this time. I'm just surprised that if you find 1.9 to be so little you're happy with that result from a swap, particularly if that's indicative of the usual amount you get. It sounded like it would be a lot more..
Of course now you're getting it. If you have a very low Arc, getting 50% above profit inside a medium level GB from a swap is usually a good way to level the very low level Arc. When the player doing swaps has a high Arc, you often get 80% when you win. Just this week I got a 150% and 120% return

Edit: And hang on, I thought you said swaps like this would be the fastest way to grow even if someone had a low level Arc? 48 reward on 25 FP base reward requires a Lvl 80 Arc. If you didn't have the Arc that'd only be 25% profit.
That's why Arc 80 players in swap threads can help low level guildmates without losing too much. That particular low level GB is supposed to be won by someone with an Arc 60 or an Arc 80 like myself, it's not a GB for low level Arc players to around in

Low level players are supposed to play around medium level GBs

DevaCat

Why are my posts bad Nicholas?@Nicholas002 Is it bad because you've always been proven to be wrong every single time? Is it bad because you simply refuse the concept of fair competition in videogames?

Again, another strawman. Why imply that swaps are good when a GB is in a sweet spot? I've told you this several times before whenever you try to argue against the benefit of swap threads when will you ever learn I wonder
Well hello there buttercup! Your favorite "triggered animal" here -- did you miss me? You put up yet another inane post to show everyone why your "advice" should be ignored.

You have not proven @Nicholas002 wrong a single time that I can tell. And your reading comprehension is just lacking. Nick said "Get into the sweet spot, and swaps are laughably bad compared to 1.9, no matter how badly you are ripping off your guild-mates." A truer statement I have yet to see.

The strawman is your own creation: distorting (reversing) what Nick said, and then arguing against your own fiction. And then the "when will you ever learn" comment -- superiority trying to mask inferiority.

As for sniping your guild-mates, I hold that behavior in disdain, below contempt. I would have no association with any guild which allowed it.

The op is only two months into the game and asked for some advice. And you came up with the notion that the Arc, Alcatraz and HC are "low level" GBs, worth having down even at "low non-existent levels," and that SoKs at 1fp output were not worth having down because that was "inefficient" and they would take up space needed for those large GBs you advocated. All while ignoring the fact that the op is two months into the game, lacking resources to build any of these GBs, even if this was good advice, which it is not.

But you would know this if you had bothered to read the op and responded to it instead of turning this thread into yet another example of twisted logic and your notion of an "efficient" game. You just love to hear yourself talk, don't you?

Wobblist

This is such a friendly welcome!! :p I may be new to the game but gaming communities I am not; I can see why one is hated by many, so no need to continue fighting on this thread as a consensus to who's right/wrong, helpful/unhelpful is unanimous.

I can see why 1.9 is better in the sweet spot, and after these 2 events and building my ATT%, FP production with these 2 events I will pursue an arc - before then, I need the sweet 3 military GB's to 10, get a traz, (I got my first rogue hideout!!) And I'll be able to get some nice returns with GE/GBG thanks to my TOR. I'm certain PRJ misunderstood Nicholas002 because of (ignorance) and he never said swaps were better than 1.9, just that swaps are helpful early on prior to 1.9.

If you want to provide entertainment I'm all for it, but the advice necessary has been heard, and retrieved from the remains of this verbal bloodbath of passive aggressiveness. Thank you all for the help, replies and positivity.

Plain Red Justice

The op is only two months into the game and asked for some advice. And you came up with the notion that the Arc, Alcatraz and HC are "low level" GBs, worth having down even at "low non-existent levels," and that SoKs at 1fp output were not worth having down because that was "inefficient" and they would take up space needed for those large GBs you advocated. All while ignoring the fact that the op is two months into the game,
What's the issue with 2 months of playing time? That's a lot of time enough from 0 to get 10000 FP or more from scratch. You however would have self inflicted issues because you're forcing the meme of battling in the lower ages so you're basically throwing away your FPs at 5 GBs (CdM, CoA, Zeus, Traz, Arc) to be mediocre at GBG when you can just Negotiate, dump all your FPs in an Arc and snipe more people and grind thousands of FPs in GBG by spending nearly zero FP for goods.

Last edited by a moderator:
With apologies to the Arc lovers, GBG is the earlier way to FPs via SoZ/CoA/CdM (and a low level Traz). Once you have your SoZ/CoA to level ten you should have a solid flow of FPs from GBG (as long as your guild makes siege camps and not other junk). Then you can switch the FP flow to Arc and it will level steadily (as long as your guild has a 1.9/1.85 thread). I get that many people went all Arc right from the start but I'm guessing there was no GBG FP farm when they did it. Arc is the ultimate FP/BP producer but GBG/SoZ/CoA makes the FPs to raise the Arc.

-Chen-

@Martyrition if you want to do FP swaps it’d be a good idea to get a group of 6 (including self) and have a ongoing swap between you. That way everyone gets something back from the deal made.

I'm glad you specified this option, because I got into swap threads in my guild, and they've been excellent for all involved, so I hate to see swap threads labeled as bad or useless.

There's about 8 of us who participate regularly, with a few more that straggle in and out here and there. There are three of us who outproduce the others with FP's by a significant margin, but we have threads that range from 3- 50 FP's, so any level player can get involved, and we generally keep our higher level and age buildings to the bigger threads, except to give the lower level players a chance to place fourth or fifth and get prints and a handful of FP's right before we level up, which is all I ever got out of it when I first started participating. We also have a kind of unwritten rule that nobody will donate outside of the threads to snipe the top spots.

Along with the event buildings, those threads turned out to be the biggest game changer for me, I had over 1500 FP's banked 'before' just recently planting my Arc, and that was with using a couple hundred here and there to unlock stuff on the tech tree when I needed/wanted to.

Mustapha00

Let me also add (at the risk of repeating what someone else might have said) that, with the introduction of the Antiques Dealer, Inno has given players a way to, over time, upgrade the odd level 1 Event Building you might have gotten from playing far into the Event and even the ability to win/purchase a level one version of the Event building reward.

It's very much a hit-or-miss proposition, as you never know just what will- or won't- be available for purchase each day. But it does offer a way to upgrade stuff that would just languish in inventory before the AD.

DevaCat

I'm glad you specified this option, because I got into swap threads in my guild, and they've been excellent for all involved, so I hate to see swap threads labeled as bad or useless.

There's about 8 of us who participate regularly, with a few more that straggle in and out here and there. There are three of us who outproduce the others with FP's by a significant margin, but we have threads that range from 3- 50 FP's, so any level player can get involved, and we generally keep our higher level and age buildings to the bigger threads, except to give the lower level players a chance to place fourth or fifth and get prints and a handful of FP's right before we level up, which is all I ever got out of it when I first started participating. We also have a kind of unwritten rule that nobody will donate outside of the threads to snipe the top spots.

Along with the event buildings, those threads turned out to be the biggest game changer for me, I had over 1500 FP's banked 'before' just recently planting my Arc, and that was with using a couple hundred here and there to unlock stuff on the tech tree when I needed/wanted to.
Glad you wrote this. To avoid confusion, my earlier voiced dislike of swap threads refers to the typical guild "endless" swaps and the various games played there.

The private "leveling" swap you described on the other hand is an excellent way to go about it. I like them and have been in them. Its especially useful for levels of your arc before you can afford the priming investment needed to put it in a 1.xx leveling thread.