• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

3x+ SOK Carnival Strategies

DeletedUser32824

I think the best prizes from the Carnival event would be 3 or more SOKs over the grand bridge. I don't necessarily want to debate why here, but rather the how. Unfortunately this strategy relies less on probability and more on luck. With luck you want to achieve a florin: ticket ratio of 50:1 in order to get 3 SOKs.

SOK cost: 6500
3 SOK cost: 19500

I believe the best strategy is to wait until you have at least 10 tickets and pay double florins for the 10% chance on the final prize in your neighborhood. With the 20 florins per attempt this puts you at a 5 florin deficit on the final prize for each attempt. So if you had a prize of 850 before you started contributing and you put in 10 attempts you should net 800 florins.

If you can snag a win of a prize thats >550 florins in 10 attempts you will always maintain a 50+ florin to ticket ratio. If you maintain this ratio JUST for the daily tickets (and not quest tickets) you can get 21000 florins by the end of the event.

There is also the problem of lining up your accumulation with the actual day the SOK is a winnable prize. If you're only at 11k by the time it shows up, and you miss the second time you could be screwed.

If anyone has any more input or your own strategies discuss them here and I can add them to the OP :D

DeletedUser26120

In beta a chest showed up twice that had grand bridge upgrade + SoK and it was far cheaper than 6500 florins per pop.

Even with luck involved I think you can come out ahead getting the chest instead, and get both: the grand bridge and some SoKs.

DeletedUser32824

In beta a chest showed up twice that had grand bridge upgrade + SoK and it was far cheaper than 6500 florins per pop.

Even with luck involved I think you can come out ahead getting the chest instead, and get both: the grand bridge and some SoKs.
That would be nice. I was going off the wiki that said just the SOK was 6500. In this chest was SOK and bridge upgrade the only 2 things in it?

Edit: I see now that the 6500 SOK is a rotating prize, which is a singular item that can be purchased with a 100% guarantee. The chests are cheaper but more of a gamble.

DeletedUser29726

It's a 10% chance to get a SoK for 700 - so the cost per SoK is on average higher going the chest route. You do also get a chance at getting a decent bridge though, and it is what i plan on the one world i'm actually trying in this event. 20k Florins is a very hard target to hit unless you both have a good hood for it, and stalk it around the clock - or spend diamonds. And it may well take more than 20k Florins to finish the damn bridge.

DeletedUser32824

It's a 10% chance to get a SoK for 700 - so the cost per SoK is on average higher going the chest route. You do also get a chance at getting a decent bridge though, and it is what i plan on the one world i'm actually trying in this event. 20k Florins is a very hard target to hit unless you both have a good hood for it, and stalk it around the clock - or spend diamonds. And it may well take more than 20k Florins to finish the damn bridge.
I've only completed 4 quests and have 2500 florins already. I'm hoping I can continue the trend.

Edit: I just dumped 12 tickets and 240 florins on the last chest and got wrecked. Did not win :(\

Edit2: Make that 17 and 340 florins >.<

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29726

The two bridge chests from beta were :

Architect's Chest (700 Florins)
10% SoK
15% Bridge Upgrade
20% Reno Kit
30% Canal
25% Unattached Rogue

so 45% of not being a complete waste

Keep It Safe Chest (680 Florins)
20% Bridge Upgrade
15% Watchfire
15% Champ Retreat
25% 20 FP
25% Mass Motivation

so ok if you want champ retreats atm or need no more SoKs and would prefer direct FP

DeletedUser26120

That 2nd chest isn't bad either and higher chances at the upgrade.

My luck is far too bad to be trying the 5% one. I'm doing 15%, so far haven't failed to get it before running out of 11 tickets.

DeletedUser32973

Wow that's kind of a hard choice between "Keep it Safe" and "Architect's." On average it seems like you'd need ~5k more florins to get a fully upgraded bridge from the architect's chest compared to the keep it safe. How feasible was it to get 18k-20k florins in beta without spending diamonds? Of course assuming an average hood...gosh there are so many factors coming into play with respect to how much you can earn. I feel like with architects you'll end up with 1-2 sok and if you're super lucky you'll have a l7 bridge (and some reno kits!). With keep it safe, if you're mildly lucky you'll get a l7 bridge, and...well that's kind of it. Is it worth it to plop down a l5 or l6 bridge? There is way too much chance involved with this event for my tastes :(.

Keep it safe...like keep it safe and you'll get the l7 bridge. More like an all or nothing chest. Not very safe imo.

DeletedUser32198

The two bridge chests from beta were :

Architect's Chest (700 Florins)
10% SoK
15% Bridge Upgrade
20% Reno Kit
30% Canal
25% Unattached Rogue

so 45% of not being a complete waste

Keep It Safe Chest (680 Florins)
20% Bridge Upgrade
15% Watchfire
15% Champ Retreat
25% 20 FP
25% Mass Motivation

so ok if you want champ retreats atm or need no more SoKs and would prefer direct FP
I spent over 5k points on this and got all Masive motivation lol. What the bad day.

DeletedUser32824

I spent over 5k points on this and got all Masive motivation lol. What the bad day.
:(

I did the 10% gamble like 27 times in a row before getting it. I lost like 500 florins doing it, but when I finally won I won like 1040 so I made them all back. I was worried I was going into the gambling dark hole for a minute. I think I'm going to try my luck with the SOK crate if it pops up.

DeletedUser32824

I bought 7 with the SOK in it and got 2 canals, 3 rogues, and 2 reno kits. Literally got multiples of every item I didn't want from that chest >.< Now I'm down to 30 florins :(

DeletedUser31498

One world I bought it 4x,got 2 SoKs and 2 Bridge upgrades!!!!!!!! Other world I got alllll motivation. all in all big win for me!

But as for strategy, when to use more than one ticket just to keep the counter going is tough. anything above 400 is my heuristic. And as for when to double is a real toughy.

But the one concrete piece of advice is to always leave a 5 ticket quest achieved and accessible, so when a pot gets juicy you can get up to 16 tickets at once.

Last edited by a moderator:

Woody*

I did the 10% gamble like 27 times in a row before getting it. I lost like 500 florins doing it, but when I finally won I won like 1040 so I made them all back. I was worried I was going into the gambling dark hole for a minute. I think I'm going to try my luck with the SOK crate if it pops up.

If you're going to play 27 tickets, you are far more better off spending on the 5% chance - statistically speaking.

DeletedUser31498

If you're going to play 27 tickets, you are far more better off spending on the 5% chance - statistically speaking.

When he said 10%, he meant the 5% chance and paid 20 florins to double it.

Yeah this event is super fun. Once you chase a pot feels like you gotta keep going before someone else nabs it. Love the competition aspect.

Snalinif

That 2nd chest isn't bad either and higher chances at the upgrade.

My luck is far too bad to be trying the 5% one. I'm doing 15%, so far haven't failed to get it before running out of 11 tickets.

it just took me 26 tries to finally win the 15%.

That is highly questionable programming IMO.

15%...uh-huh

DeletedUser32824

I'll have 7k florins by the time the 700 florin chest with the SOK and bridge upgrade in it. Stand by for 7 rogues and 3 reno kits.

DeletedUser26120

Don't forget that the 20fp/watchfire chest gives better odds on the grand bridge upgrade.

The worst you'd walk away with is a mass motivation kit or a champs retreat.

Far better than rogues+canals, not to mention the 20fps you'd likely land on as well.

DeletedUser31308

I love how people question the programming of randomness in practically every game I play. What do you think us developers do? Intentionally work harder to implement something non-random? No thanks, I'll just use existing libraries for randomness that are at least pseudo-random, which has the same probabilities of a truly random implementation, just a predictable order if you know the randomness algorithm and key.