• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

50% less GE Diamonds? More Like 75-90% (3yr Data Sheet)

Did the loss of diamond rewards in GE this week cause the game to lose sparkle for you?

• Sadly, Yes

Votes: 60 52.2%
  • Angrily, Yes

Votes: 41 35.7%
  • Happily, Yes

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I'm Confused

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • No Comment

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Unprintable Comment!

Votes: 17 14.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Pericles the Lion

Just finished up this GBG season on 3 Diamond worlds I play. Grand total of 5005 fighting encounters, 1,840 diamonds won. Average of 1 diamond for each 2.72 encounters which is better than the expected 1 per 4. RNG working in my favor I guess.

amw1973

I personally don't have funds to buy in game purchases so winning them was the only way I got diamonds and now I'm lucky if I get any very, very disappointed hopefully they will at least rethink what they have done and make it better for the next upgrade. I voted Angrily yes

MKPapa

GE is very simple now. Two 30% chances to get 90 diamonds at lvl.4, and that's it. Statistically speaking this means 54 diamonds on average per season.
And considering all other rewards, including Relics, the only reason I still do GE is for guild. When my defense boost eventually become high enough, I will complete lvl. 5 for Serpents, etc., but no rush here. I completed it couple times - too much pain at the moment.

Pericles the Lion

GE is very simple now. Two 30% chances to get 90 diamonds at lvl.4, and that's it. Statistically speaking this means 54 diamonds on average per season.
And considering all other rewards, including Relics, the only reason I still do GE is for guild. When my defense boost eventually become high enough, I will complete lvl. 5 for Serpents, etc., but no rush here. I completed it couple times - too much pain at the moment.
It's 3 30% chances to get 90 diamonds, not 2. 81 diamonds per season on average, not 54.

Statistics mean nothing when the odds are just moved around by the developer anyway. The 3 last GE completed to level 5 gave me zero diamonds.
If you hit a 3 season dry spell it's just bad luck. Or, maybe INNO has a "Kentucky windage" variable added to the equation. Players that chronically accuse them of dishonesty get more frequent runs of "bad luck" while more positive players get better treatment. :cool:

xivarmy

If you hit a 3 season dry spell it's just bad luck. Or, maybe INNO has a "Kentucky windage" variable added to the equation. Players that chronically accuse them of dishonesty get more frequent runs of "bad luck" while more positive players get better treatment. :cool:
That can't be it, i'm far from a positive player and don't feel I get inordinately screwed ;)

But I'm also very accepting of "people are poor judges of randomness".

matr

Has anyone ever seen any data showing rewards match or beat the advertised rates? Everytime someone takes their time to collect data and post results the first response is you were just unlucky or hit a dry spell. I agree it is easy to misjudge random results but when people collect data and report those results it is a different thing. Sure one sample is not conclusive but if I consider the number of posts that say they never got the advertised rate I sure do wonder.

Emberguard

Has anyone ever seen any data showing rewards match or beat the advertised rates?
Yes. I haven't kept any links to those that have posted supporting data, but there have been instances in the past where people have posted results matching fairly closely to expected rates (for things in general, not necessarily diamonds)

If we wanted a unbiased result and were really serious about it we could all agree to start compiling data from every gaming session, make sure we're doing so in a way that prevents loss of data / mistakes, and post it in a same or similar format as each other so it's easy to read.

UBERhelp1

My current data since the start of May.
1688647990963.png

I'm averaging about the expected with Vingrid (expected is 81 diamonds/week), but am much higher in Angkor.

Darkest.Knight

0 diamonds this week from GE but I'm still close to 1000 for the week w/o them, lol. Diamond farms and fights work pretty well for getting them, received 60 for today's fights.

LordKaris

Change GE back to the way it was!! It is not nearly as fun or useful to play We have lost several players due to this change

PJS299

Change GE back to the way it was!! It is not nearly as fun or useful to play We have lost several players due to this change
I totally agree, but I don't think the change is coming. The idea of a GE level using defense is great, but taking away from the other levels is not so great.

UBERhelp1

Just want to come back to this and give a 6 month update on my data tracking for GE diamonds (has it really been that long?):

After nearly 7 months, I've averaged 92.9 diamonds/week on one world, and 72.58 on another - combined, I'm averaging 82.74 diamonds/week, slightly above the expected value of 81/week.

1701652633282.png

PJS299

This is my sheet. In H I got an average of 90 diamonds a week.
B I got an average of 90 diamonds a week.

Screenshot 2023-12-03 23.03.07.png