• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

72 Steps to Build a Mansion

Daniel The 4ger

Excuse me, can you convert it to GBP, EUR, and JPY? I don’t want to take too much time out of your day, but where would you be able to afford a house like this? If it is where I live then it would be at least $2 million. Also, how big is the house? I’m guessing 5,400 square feet right?

Last edited:

Triopoly Champion

Excuse me, can you convert it to GBP, EUR, and JPY? I don’t want to take too much time out of your day, but where would you be able to afford a house like this? If it is where I live then it would be at least $2 million. Also, how big is the house?
Countryside towns of the Great Plain or Rocky Mountain states, I expect the house size to be around 10,000 square feet.

The house would worth around 1.8 millions in Broadview Heights or Brecksville, Ohio -> the high class neighborhoods south of Cleveland, Ohio.

Type "USD to JPY" on Google search, there should be a currency converter there.

Wow, thanks so much! I was lost trying to figure out how to build my mansion but not anymore! I think a lot of people will find this useful and appreciate it being on a forum for a video game! Just another one of your helpful and necessary posts!
Everyone is smarter when it comes to his/her own professions.

Last edited:

Daniel The 4ger

I find you are missing some things:

Asphalt driveway????? In a mansion???? How about decorative concrete at the very least?

Pool? No pool?

Hot tub missing?

No outdoor entertainment area at all -- BBQ grill, firepit, gazebo?

It wouldn't be my mansion :)
Well he had to stay within the budget. Wait... he could add that stuff if he got rid of the balconies! Or he could get rid of the asphalt driveway and just have the garage right by the road. After that, he could put the outdoor entertainment on the balcony!

UBERhelp1

I am so confused how we went from building a mansion, to randomly its value in Ohio, to hot tubs...

And anyway, it is 61 steps to build this particular mansion, since the steps go from 0-60. Can't have a mansion without step 0 (the land) lol.

Triopoly Champion

I find you are missing some things:

Asphalt driveway????? In a mansion???? How about decorative concrete at the very least?

Pool? No pool?

Hot tub missing?

No outdoor entertainment area at all -- BBQ grill, firepit, gazebo?

It wouldn't be my mansion :)
Asphalt driveway is better in the regions where snow shoveling are constantly needed in Montana. Decorative Concrete is better in southern California such as San Clemente(Ryan Sheckler lives there) where the climate is mild all year around. Maintaining a swimming pool can be costly under the blizzard.

I put "53. Stone Picnic Table and Seats" on my list. The Gazebo, BBQ Grill, Fire Pit can all fit into the subcategories of that. The list is flexible, not totally fixed.

Hot Tub or Jet Tub is generally the large bathtub locating inside the Master Bathroom. Nearly nobody will build the regular small bathtub there if the total house size exceeds 3,000 square feet.

He's going to have to recalculate anyway -- I didn't see the cost for Alabaster in there anywhere!
Granite countertops and Granite floor tiles, Alabaster craftworks on the pillars and fireplaces. Those are the details that not every house owner will select the same materials, Some will pick marble, others will prefer gold.

Last edited:

Triopoly Champion

I am so confused how we went from building a mansion, to randomly its value in Ohio, to hot tubs...

And anyway, it is 61 steps to build this particular mansion, since the steps go from 0-60. Can't have a mansion without step 0 (the land) lol.
I edited my first post, so made your post sounded dozenal if other people haven't noticed what was going on.

6 dozen 1 steps to build, go from 0 to 6 dozens.

If I change the counting base of my project from decimal to dozenal, then I'm able to fit everything in and more affordable total $$$.

Excuse me, can you convert it to GBP, EUR, and JPY? I don’t want to take too much time out of your day, but where would you be able to afford a house like this? If it is where I live then it would be at least $2 million. Also, how big is the house? I’m guessing 5,400 square feet right?
Sorry, I have to check the price of everything in the decimal base again, I may have written those numbers in the dozenal base.

1 dozen million = [decimal] 2,985,984 <- Dozenal to Decimal Converter

Last edited:

Lady Gato

WELL -- your title was ___ steps to building a mansion . . . NOT building your Mansion. So MY mansion - I was pointing out what you lacked in a totally comprehensive building list. My mansion would be built where it was a nice temperate climate. And a listing of a stone picnic table would not lead me to envision any sort of outdoor entertaining area. Obviously, I am not going to have an 8 person hot tub inside my master bath room -- are you kidding?

And a swimming pool (probably with a fountain) would have to be a must have item. Even those in Montana have heard of indoor swimming pools.

And as for asphalt driveways, well if YOU insist on living in a snowy area, why not a heated driveway under that asphalt so you don't have to either do or hire someone to do the snow shoveling?

Triopoly Champion

Obviously, I am not going to have an 8 person hot tub inside my master bath room -- are you kidding?

And a swimming pool (probably with a fountain) would have to be a must have item. Even those in Montana have heard of indoor swimming pools.

And as for asphalt driveways, well if YOU insist on living in a snowy area, why not a heated driveway under that asphalt so you don't have to either do or hire someone to do the snow shoveling?
It's usually the 2 people Jet Tub inside the master bathroom.

A lot of house owners finish the interiors of their mansions and stop at step 48, perhaps never continue until after the real estate resales.

The styles of the driveways depend on the neighborhood and climate. If try to build the mansion in your ways, a lot of construction materials have to be imported from out of the states of from the European nations.

The snowy regions tend to have lower land prices and lower taxes. Heating under the driveways will significantly raise the living costs consider how large the areas that have to be covered on the daily basis during the entire winter from November to March.

Swimming Pool won't be the necessity if the mansion owners are the senior couples, still the personal preference.

Last edited:

Lady Gato

In my hometown - which was in Missouri where a lot of snow can fall - there was a mansion where they built a heated driveway. Now this was in the 1980s and although the mansion was in a Tudor-style, in no way did they go and import construction materials from European nations. And, oh by the way, they had an outdoor swimming pool with a covered gazebo/hot tub area.

However, I prefer not to drive in snow/ice so I live now in a more temperate climate which is perfect except for the occasional hurricane. Oh yes, I forgot to add hurricane proofing . . .

Daniel The 4ger

Now let’s build OUR mansions.

1: Get a 1 acre plot
2: Buy a tiny home
3: Furnish it
4: Live in it
All done. It would probably only cost $100,000 or so. Plus I could tow it to wherever I want. Also with the $900,000 I saved I would retire early.F2BB9E2D-9E0D-4AED-9158-BDB68A9E2884.jpeg