• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

A 5th Bonus Level to Guild Expedition

Pericles the Lion

All of that takes time. You can negotiate GE4 your first week on a new world. And if a new Iron Age city can muster the goods, a further along city with more space, some event buildings, etc certainly can. And negotiating never gets any harder. The multiplier on goods you pay is the same in iron age as it is in SAJM - your city just makes more :)

Fighting will usually be the goal, but if you want to do GE4 *now*, you negotiate while you work on that. And the start of a new world is when you might actually care about those GE rewards :) (Of course with my luck so far on Dilmun that's not exactly a great advertisement - 4 GE4s in I have 1 Level 2 Face built lol. I have a Terrace Farm upgrade but not Terrace Farm *to* upgrade) ; but I've had other worlds that had great benefits from early GE4 :)
This time last year I started 4 new cities with plans to make them GE diamond farms. Following guidance from an FOElite video I built only goods buildings, For GBs, only OD, ToB, and LoA. I was able to complete GE64 the second season from starting these cities. I continued until building up my goods inventory then tore out the goods buildings and the GBs replacing them with Traz, the Triad, and a few barracks. Also, since guilds required ARCs I complied. I began to fight as far as I could go then switched to negotiating. After about 2 months I was able to fight all the way (and this takes a lot less time).

xivarmy

This time last year I started 4 new cities with plans to make them GE diamond farms. Following guidance from an FOElite video I built only goods buildings, For GBs, only OD, ToB, and LoA. I was able to complete GE64 the second season from starting these cities. I continued until building up my goods inventory then tore out the goods buildings and the GBs replacing them with Traz, the Triad, and a few barracks. Also, since guilds required ARCs I complied. I began to fight as far as I could go then switched to negotiating. After about 2 months I was able to fight all the way (and this takes a lot less time).
Yes, that's a reasonable approach and timeline for a high effort player to transition with how lucrative events have been getting :) I might wind up taking a bit longer as my priority on Dilmun is getting through the ages. Some might say going too fast, I say having a fun self-challenge :)

Xenosaur

Spot on XiV. As a new player wanting to have any chance to maximize earning power for weekly things of value, learning to nego in GE is of paramount importance. It doesn't have to be a forever thing - I don't nego at all now, except for DC challenges, or when it's compelling for something in the game.

Guild members can help you with goods, and yes you'll probably spend a few diamonds (but you'll earn them, too...) and spend tavern silver for extra turn option (which helps a lot...), but it's real clear you just can't fight deep into GE as a new player. You can't get tools and boosts to help you that amount to much. Boosting tiny warrior base attack and defense is futile...

Concur 100% with your strategy and tactical thoughts on young player nego in GE for success!

MKPapa

The fifth level starts off easy but soon gets hard
1st fight 8 troops
2nd fight 8 and 8 2 stage fight
3rd fight 8 8 8 3 stage fight.
4th fight 8 8 8 8 4 stage fight
and on till you fail. No swapping troops between the stages or healing with diamond
Very few people will play it then, therefore there is no sense for Inno to spend resources on its development and maintenance.