• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Ability to choose fighter or city builder

Jase249

https://us.elvenar.com/

Seriously, how many times can we cover the exact same freaking topic?! Inno is not going to create a "plunder-free" version of FoE because they already did that! They just threw a new coat of paint on it, kept the same game structure (minus PvP), and voila-FoE without plundering. We just had a thread on this. How many different ways can you rehash the exact same proposal, which is on the DNSL to begin with??

They already modified the neighborhood sorting algorithm so that all the players in your hood are close to each other on the tech tree. And they gave you the option of the City Shield in the tavern. And this forum has a plethora of information on what to do about being plundered.

Last edited:

Agent327

No I mean something like a payoff for plunder protection, so many diamonds buys you so many days of no plunder. You can still get attacked.

Like silver buys you so many days of not getting attacked and as a result of that not being plundered?

Did you happen to notice that suggestions about plundering are on the do not suggest list?

DeletedUser35475

Like silver buys you so many days of not getting attacked and as a result of that not being plundered?

No like diamonds let you not get plundered. You can still get attacked.

I changes the words a bit in case my original post not clear enough for you.

DeletedUser26965

Seriously, how many times can we cover the exact same freaking topic?
"we" are not, really anyway, if you notice this topic usually always comes up when a newer player posts about it because they see it as a problem and in that there have been various ways to address "the problem", "we" are merely reacting and the conversation starts all over again.

For me personally I think PvP can be better and would be more inclined to do it if it were voluntary and structured within a reasonable framework and I think a lot of players feel the same way, it's not "just" about plunder, it's about better PvP. Elvenar is not the same game at all, it has a lot of differences and no GvG which is ultimately why I play FoE, I tried Elvenar a few times and it just doesn't hold my interest the way FoE does.

DeletedUser35612

I really do not care about the DNS list! In have no problem with plundering except when your opponent is 130M to your 10M . It is not close to a fair fight. To get to 130M you do not have your GB’s to level 5 and as fast as you build, they are building at the same rate. You will never catch them. So you have your AO to level 10, theirs is level 80, etc. We all spend real money and I like the fighting, but I want some chance of winning. I know that is asking a lot. I also know Inno is all about the money, but you can have the best of both worlds.

DeletedUser35475

I really do not care about the DNS list! In have no problem with plundering except when your opponent is 130M to your 10M . It is not close to a fair fight. To get to 130M you do not have your GB’s to level 5 and as fast as you build, they are building at the same rate. You will never catch them. So you have your AO to level 10, theirs is level 80, etc. We all spend real money and I like the fighting, but I want some chance of winning. I know that is asking a lot. I also know Inno is all about the money, but you can have the best of both worlds.

As you get to higher levels do you end up with the same people in your neighborhood over and over? I may get plundered a few days in a row occasionally but in a few weeks the person is gone and I may go weeks without getting plundered once. Does this still happen who you get to the upper levels?

Salsuero

I really do not care about the DNS list!

Then you shouldn't have posted this as a proposal... and barely as such as it doesn't follow any of the posting rules that are a required read before posting in this section of the forums. If you want to put something up for discussion, despite it being on the DNSL, then you should locate it somewhere other than the proposal section.

In have no problem with plundering except when your opponent is 130M to your 10M .

Why? The plundering isn't any different when it's by someone with more, the same, or less ranking points than you. If you truly have no problem with it, then you won't care who does it.

It is not close to a fair fight.

This is a matter of opinion and context. But yes, it's probably not a fair fight. Life isn't fair and neither is gaming. It's all about gaining a competitive edge. Why is the playing field of a competitive game supposed to be "fair" -- unless you mean that the rules should be fair, to which I say... they are.

To get to 130M you do not have your GB’s to level 5 and as fast as you build, they are building at the same rate. You will never catch them. So you have your AO to level 10, theirs is level 80, etc.

I'm not sure I follow this, but it sounds like you're saying it's not fair that you are starting behind these players and can't catch up. Maybe you can't catch the ultra top players, but why are you trying to? Move slowly. Gain your competitive edge(s). Advance. If you are anxious and impatient... just wanna get to the very top as fast as you can... well, good luck with that... but you're undoubtedly digging yourself some kind(s) of hole(s) along the way. By the way, you can eventually catch up if you're persistent and/or spend enough money. I have a level 79 Arc right now. One more level and I've caught up to most of the players at the top of my world, save that of a handful that are even more insistent on leveling that sucker to the stratosphere. And now, I've got many of my GBs to level 10+ and I'm still going. I haven't even been playing for 2 years. You already sound defeated. In a competitive game, that's not a good place to be.

We all spend real money and I like the fighting, but I want some chance of winning.

No, we all don't. I've spent less than $50 total on this game, and it was all spent during my first month playing. I don't understand what that has to do with anything you're proposing or what you see as a problem with the current way things work. What does spending money (or not) have to do with what you're saying?

I know that is asking a lot. I also know Inno is all about the money, but you can have the best of both worlds.

Yes, you can. One is called Forge of Empires, and the other is called Elvenar. You can play both... or you can play one or the other. It sounds like you have your solution after all.

wolfhoundtoo

Well except they can't extort diamonds because you can't transfer them. And I can imagine the howls about 'money grubbing Inno' if they offered a plunder shield for diamonds.

Use the City shield if you spend enough time working on your friends' list and manage your silver accordingly you can have a shield a good percentage of the time. If worked right you can schedule your productions accordingly to reduce the cost for when you can't be online. Remember that it only works if you put it up before you are attacked though....the shield won't stop someone who already won an attack from plundering.

DeletedUser31592

You obviously didn't play before they changed the neighborhoods- back when you could have been a brand new player and in a hood with the top person. That isn't fair. What we have now is, for the most part, fair. You will have big money spenders, but they are not a huge demographic. Ignore the few of them, and it is fair- you just made different choices than the person beating you.

DeletedUser35475

It's called extortion in lieu of plunder and it's legal and even then it is not a guarantee that the person will not renig on the deal.

That' the idea. If someone really hates being plundered Inno provides the protection for a small fee! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35475

What words need to be changed to make

clear enough for you?

It seems when you have nothing to say you post something like 'wrong format or do no suggest list' . If Inno wants to do it they will. If they don't they won't. The format or a list will have nothing to do with it.

DeletedUser26965

You are correct. The DNSL is mainly for repeat requests but as long as your proposal contains at least some element of difference, which your does, then I believe it should go through to IG and let them decide, who am I to tell you no. And you are correct about the imbalance where it makes absolutely no sense to pair people with no GB's, special buildings or city defense up with someone with all the fighting GB's maxed, Rogue Hideouts, 1000% City Defense etc., just absurd really.

DeletedUser8428

It seems when you have nothing to say you post something like 'wrong format or do no suggest list' . If Inno wants to do it they will. If they don't they won't. The format or a list will have nothing to do with it.
To a degree, that's true. However, since proposals that are NOT in the right format are not sent to Inno ... And since the Do Not Suggest list is provided by Innogames, seems like a waste of time to keep developing ideas that Inno has specifically said they do not want players to send.

Now certainly, you can keep right on bucking the tide. The world needs folks like that. But if the group that you want to influence (Inno) has said 1) don't send ideas about these items and 2) develop your ideas in this format ... seems pretty common-sense to do as they request if I want them to approve my idea. And refusing to do that serves no one.