• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Approved for Voting Ability to view Guild Battleground current statistics for guilds you are not fighting against this season

Would you like to see this added to the game?

• Yes

Votes: 23 62.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 37.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BossJZ

Guild battlegrounds is very competitive in the Diamond league. With each season being over 1 week long, it would be very useful to see the Battleground statistics for other guilds that you are not currently fighting this season. Possibly just the guild summary of placement for other guilds including whom they are fighting, and their current position with in their own battleground season.
This way, friends, enemies and such could see how other guilds are performing while in the current season. I think other guild current statistics during a current battleground season would be a fun useful addition to the game.

Mor-Rioghain

On principal I voted "yes" because I've often wondered why there is no real measure of where any guild's placement in the league is outside of the VPs shown on the guild description. Even better would be a break-down of the ranking points by server/guild as is done with GvG recalc on a nightly basis. I'm not sure how that would pan out but since we already have a reset for attrition I have to wonder if that sort of calculation could be already there but just not presented to the players to view?

Johnny B. Goode

I voted no because the constant ebb and flow of GBG would add a relatively heavy load to the servers that would increase lag for everyone. Not worth it for a "fun useful addition" that might be fun to a few, but not useful in a game sense at all. You can do that with GvG because most of the fighting and sector exchanges take place at one time each day. Even then you all know how much complaining there has been over the years about lag at reset time.

Ebeondi Asi

That would be a lot of statistical info to calculate and keep in a history. To allow a few players to snoop and compare, brag or laugh or tease. I do not see it as having value other than bragging rights. Or more ways to catcall.

In comparison in The Hood, Guild and Friends lined up in rank order with the number visible for everyone. Plus in the main rank lit everyone in the World is shown by rank. It's interesting to me, (bit not important) but I know some are in an intense competition (in the top 100 particularly)
I vote no for the same reason as J.B.G.

A ways back in one Guild we had a player keep a spreadseet of all Goods spent for the entire season, plus fights. it was interesting, but really not needed other than to give an idea of how many Goods players had to donate per season to keep up the Treasury. (and how I got the 2300 per day per Guildie in a big Guild farming two way)

BossJZ

I would expect that statistics are already calculated, thus not incurring additional load. This request is to simply display other guild Battleground statistics, not to rank or compare.

DarkstaIker

Guild battlegrounds is very competitive in the Diamond league. With each season being over 1 week long, it would be very useful to see the Battleground statistics for other guilds that you are not currently fighting this season. Possibly just the guild summary of placement for other guilds including whom they are fighting, and their current position with in their own battleground season.
This way, friends, enemies and such could see how other guilds are performing while in the current season. I think other guild current statistics during a current battleground season would be a fun useful addition to the game.
I agree with you Boss!

Johnny B. Goode

I would expect that statistics are already calculated, thus not incurring additional load. This request is to simply display other guild Battleground statistics, not to rank or compare.
This is asking for those statistics to be put into a display and then sent to every player in real time as the conditions change. Which in GBG (especially since this request is for the info for the entire world's GBG) would be constant. I wouldn't object if they somehow had an end of round summary accessible somewhere, which would avoid the load. But to transmit the info back and forth in real time is going to add load to the game whether you want to admit it or not.

Xenosaur

Technically and first - agree with the NO vote. This is ripe for abuse, too.

User that decide to press the "Show GBG status" button repeatedly (which some will do), or expect a realtime webpage or webservice to display this, will severely tax any services written to assemble real-time competitive GbG action datasets across the scope of the worlds and teams competing.

For what real-time purpose? It has zero value or use in the game (as a real time action). It's more important as a function perhaps, to see RESULTING GbG data aggregation after a season completes, vs on-demand realtime assessments. Again I agree with many who've called out the inverse risk / reward relationship (cost/benefit) of this idea.

I also vote NO.

If you doubt how long its going to take the aggregate real-time competitive data, use Tuesday morning 8am (local time) as a benchmark. Yes - GE start.

Have you ever wondered why it takes 20 minutes or so (or longer for some people, shorter for others) to get their WORLD and GUILD matchups and turn that grey matuchup cup to a color and value?

Exactly - the service has to mathematically study each guild after GE opens on all the worlds, and determine matchup eligibility. For all worlds, this can take a while.

Imagine doing this real time? I just cannot see Inno embracing this as a compelling idea. It's real easy to wish for all this cool stuff, but the devil is in the details of funding it, designing it and making it viable and critical for some function of the game. This won't fly unless it could be monetized.

You willing to pay for it? Doubtful.

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

This is asking for those statistics to be put into a display and then sent to every player in real time as the conditions change. Which in GBG (especially since this request is for the info for the entire world's GBG) would be constant. I wouldn't object if they somehow had an end of round summary accessible somewhere, which would avoid the load. But to transmit the info back and forth in real time is going to add load to the game whether you want to admit it or not.
Everyone sees how the hordes on at the GBG bell do awful things to server lag right ? This is because the server has to update all players in real time that are playing actively. Now the OP wants to included all players , all the time ? What the heck is the OP thinking ?

The Lady Redneck

Anyone can find this information quite easily if they want to already without it impacting the servers. All we need to do is ask friends in other guilds who they have in their GBG line up. Is the season going to be fighting or farming for them. If they are working with other guild how is it working out. We can discuss progress through the season if and when we please. We could even pass on info about how other friends are are doing just in normal PMs. And if there is anything interesting enough comes out of it, we could post about it in a guild thread. For myself I do not see any of it being of much use.

So it is a no from me.

Agaselle

I like the game so verry much , the limits cannot be a grit nor a server stop to it, thats like putting a plug into game mechanics ,and thats not a verry good idear.I voted ...// YES ,greatings

Status
Not open for further replies.