• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

AD Bidding

-Chen-

Just had my first experience with someone doing rapid fire bidding without the clock resetting, and didn't have time to counter offer. He/she kept trying for a while, but I was still able to get the counter offer in on time, but eventually their persistence paid off. It was all over a September Cottage upgrade, so not like it was an Art Exhibition or anything that would have really irked me, and I assume that this person just gets their jollies doing it, but it's still kinda lame.

I could swear I saw this mentioned before, but can't recall if it was ever stated how they can do it in the first place, and if there is anything that can be done about the issue.

Nicholas002

Just had my first experience with someone doing rapid fire bidding without the clock resetting, and didn't have time to counter offer. He/she kept trying for a while, but I was still able to get the counter offer in on time, but eventually their persistence paid off. It was all over a September Cottage upgrade, so not like it was an Art Exhibition or anything that would have really irked me, and I assume that this person just gets their jollies doing it, but it's still kinda lame.

I could swear I saw this mentioned before, but can't recall if it was ever stated how they can do it in the first place, and if there is anything that can be done about the issue.
It is not a problem. If you bid higher than their current bid, the clock will reset. Just outbid them by a lot, and it should be fine.

another easy solution is to just up the bid as soon as the clock resets, instead of waiting for the last few seconds. They won’t keep increasing it for 30 seconds, and if they do, at least you will have 30 seconds to place a bid way higher than them.