• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Advancing thru the Ages.

Squonk The Unholy

In order to advance from one age to the next, ie......from Early Middle Ages to High Middle Ages. Must the player complete all of the technologies in the earlier level? For example, in order to unlock the multi story technology the player needs 600 diamonds (which I don't have). Thanks.

DeletedUser1862

To advance to the next age, all that is needed is the completion of one of the new age's technologies. In later eras there are quests which you can achieve for researching the entire tech tree of the previous age, and it can be done at any time I believe.
I don't believe that MSH counts at all in the game figuring if you have all the techs of that age or not. I have advanced far beyond it without touching it at all (though I did complete it in forge points since I had nothing else to spend them on at the time).

DeletedUser2145

There are quests that require you to research all the technologies in a specific age for a reward, but the one for EMA specifies non-premium technologies and Multi-Story Houses is not counted toward the quest progress. So, yes, it is not needed for progression or quest completion in any way, it is completely optional.