• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

AF Diamond Farm

Jern2017

I have a Diamond Farm (currently at 231 WWs/Little WWs/FoYs/Little FoYs) and I'm in the Future Era. Apart from the Continent map ones, I only have one Expansion left to place, I'm stocking up on Medals for that. Sooner rather than later, I'll have to advance to the Arctic Future to keep growing my farm.

I only play on one other world and I'm in the Contemporary Era there, so I'm not too familiar with Special goods and the process of obtaining them. Is there anything I should know? Do they take up a lot of the other, regular resources?

I won't be in too much of a hurry to complete the Tech tree, just trying to get the lay of the land.

Thanks.

Johnny B. Goode

I have a Diamond Farm (currently at 231 WWs/Little WWs/FoYs/Little FoYs) and I'm in the Future Era. Apart from the Continent map ones, I only have one Expansion left to place, I'm stocking up on Medals for that. Sooner rather than later, I'll have to advance to the Arctic Future to keep growing my farm.

I only play on one other world and I'm in the Contemporary Era there, so I'm not too familiar with Special goods and the process of obtaining them. Is there anything I should know? Do they take up a lot of the other, regular resources?

I won't be in too much of a hurry to complete the Tech tree, just trying to get the lay of the land.

Thanks.
You do have to spend regular AF goods and medals to acquire the Promethium in AF, and regular OF goods and medals to acquire the Orichalcum in OF. There is no special good for VF. And the process is different in SAM. You have to mine Mars Ore on the C-Map, and regular goods buildings are built in the Mars colony, not in your main city. Apparently (my highest city is in SAM), you don't have access to the Mars colony after you move up to SAAB. I'm guessing you also don't have access to the SAM section of the C-Map, because I've read that you have to build a Mars Ore Synthesizer to continue to acquire it. And looking at the Wiki, you have to build synthesizers for each of the SAM goods once you move up to SAAB if you want to continue producing them with goods buildings. That pattern probably continues into SAV and SAJM, from what I've seen in Forum posts.