• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] After Hours Plundering...

DeletedUser1862

Reading between the lines I gather that the goods - when left uncollected - remain 'plunderable' for but one hour after production - correct? So o-o-o ... what happens to them then after that hour, if they are not plundered and not collected within that hour?
I'd read (not personally tested) that the 5 and 15-minute supply runs both stay 'unspoiled' for one hour. As you can probably read from the link, generally Supplies stay 'good and collectable' for 3x their length (so you can collect an 8-hour run for another 24-hours after it's finished, 1-hour runs for only three hours after the initial production time), from what I've read.

DeletedUser

I also would like to know why it is that I set up a defending army, but if I'm not online, all that defends my cities from attacks is two spearman! I get plundered easily because of this even though I have set a defense before logging off! Is there another step I am not aware of?

I didn't see an answer to this in the forum yet, but I'm curious as to whether this is supposed to happen.

I've got a city which was attacked this morning, 9:47 AM. I didn't have my army in place and I got sacked. It happens. Now, it turns out that nothing got sabotaged at the time (I was actively on the game and I think I'd collected everything at that moment), but I came back later the same day and found that my city had been plundered by the same guy at 4:24 PM. For those counting that's just over 7 hours not 24 hours.

Now, I'm okay with a bit of plunder, even if I suffer (and I have suffered), but it doesn't make sense to me that you can hold the city open like that all day to get the best plunder. You should get what's available at the time. The window should close when you leave the screen, or at least close within a prescribed period of time, say 15 minutes.

Can anyone speak to this, or have I just given everyone a very profitable idea?

DeletedUser2145

I also would like to know why it is that I set up a defending army, but if I'm not online, all that defends my cities from attacks is two spearman! I get plundered easily because of this even though I have set a defense before logging off! Is there another step I am not aware of?

Are you sure you've added your army into the "Defending Army" tab, and not the "Attacking Army" one? That's usually the issue. :)

DeletedUser

The first thing you should do when you see this, is check your defensive army. In all of the instances we investigate like this, we discover that the player pulled the defensive army out to battle. If there is more than 2 spearmen, check the time the attack occurred against the times you were in battle yourself.

DeletedUser5266

There is nothing wrong with the current Plunder system.

Players who lose stuff, don't like the system. Those that benefit, like it. Looks like a tie to me.

Please don't knuckle under to those players who play all their on-line games on the "Don't Hurt Me" difficulty level.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ahhh the topic of plunder. Its the meat of the game! But as Henry Fielding wrote: One man's meat is another man's poison. I agree with the previous poster that there is nothing wrong with the current plunder system. That does not mean it cannot be improved upon.

A previous poster wrote:
Players should not be penalised for reasonable hours away from the game and if they are, they will only get the sh-i-ites and chuck it in.
But if that were so then the numbers of players around the world would be decreasing, and yet over a year into the game the numbers are still climbing.

I have one bit of frustration that I would like to see corrected. In the current system your houses and production cannot be plundered if they have been motivated. It leads to a strategy of having maximum friends, guild mates and neighbors and requesting lots of polishings. But the same does not apply to goods. Why not?

I understand that the already boosted goods buildings (where you have the goods section on the map) would be too generous if we were allowed to motivate them for double production. However there is no good reason why you could not have the BASIC goods production doubled by motivation and thus protect your goods from plunder. Example: A 4 hour goods building gives 1 good as a baseline but 5 goods when boosted. I suggest that a motivation would increase the 5 to 6.
No comments on this please. It appears I have gone off topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I understand that the already boosted goods buildings (where you have the goods section on the map) would be too generous if we were allowed to motivate them for double production. However there is no good reason why you could not have the BASIC goods production doubled by motivation and thus protect your goods from plunder. Example: A 4 hour goods building gives 1 good as a baseline but 5 goods when boosted. I suggest that a motivation would increase the 5 to 6.

Comments?

This sounds like the beginning of either a Forge Hall discussion to see if it warrants a proposal or an actual proposal. I would suggest you start a thread in Forge Hall to see how people feel about motivating and protecting goods buildings.

DeletedUser

The proposal on motivating goods building should be opened for discussion in one of the areas MaryBeth said if you want to continue discussion on the new "thread topic".