• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Age of upgrades

DeletedUser35475

I have a ToL that I won plus enough upgrades to get it to level 10. I am in the Iron Age. If I place it now and upgrade it to level 9 it will be an IA building. If I upgrade it to 10 after I go to EMA will the upgrade make it an EMA building even though I received the upgrade in the IA?

Agent327

Ever seen an upgrade change the age of a building gramps?

If you know how the Wiki works you can check to see if I am right :p

DeletedUser35475

Ever seen an upgrade change the age of a building gramps?

If you know how the Wiki works you can check to see if I am right :p

Wanted to give you a chance to show off your superior knowledge. Guess I'll be waiting a while to see it!

DeletedUser31882

Yes, we have all seen it work on some building but not on others. This case, we don't know until someone tries it.

Wait what? What buildings haven't aged up automatically when upgraded?

I was under the assumption all 'upgrade' buildings were automatically leveled to current player age upon upgrade use. Worked for my Cider mill if I recall correctly. Hrmm... Did things change with the 'upgrade' to how upgrade building works on buildings that do not change size upon upgrade?

ODragon

I was under the assumption all 'upgrade' buildings were automatically leveled to current player age upon upgrade use. Worked for my Cider mill if I recall correctly. Hrmm... Did things change with the 'upgrade' to how upgrade building works on buildings that do not change size upon upgrade?

I don't know and I don't think it is fair to assume they all work the same. Some upgrades (mostly the increase size ones do have different properties than the ones with no size ones). Until someone confirms how it works, can one really say how it will work?

It's more of a YMMV until someone posts (I feel like older upgrades specified it but maybe I misremember).

DeletedUser26965

I don't think I've ever seen it asked before and you're not going to get an official answer here, Beta maybe but not here. My assumption is the only things that move a special building from one age to higher ages are Reno Kits and 1up kits, an exception being wishing well of course which does so all by itself. I don't think specific building upgrades are age specific, rather the building itself is which is determined by the age you won it in, so if you won ToI in Iron Age and won upgrades for it while you were in EMA or use upgrades for it you won for it from an earlier age while in higher ages the building would still be IA after you use the upgrades.

Graviton

I was under the assumption all 'upgrade' buildings were automatically leveled to current player age upon upgrade use. Worked for my Cider mill if I recall correctly.

It also worked that way on my CBS pieces, I'm pretty sure.

Freshmeboy

Cherry Garden upgrade worked on a piece that was an age earlier..I bumped it up in status and it changed...

DeletedUser31308

Every single upgrade kit has updated the building to your current age thus far. I know of no exceptions to this, nor do I expect exceptions to start now.

DeletedUser26965

I'm surprised this didn't come up in the last spring event, surely there must have been a lot of people with sets from earlier ages from the event before that then used the newly acquired upgrades on them. I'm still guessing no though and I want picture proof:D

DeletedUser29726

I can confirm that every upgrade i've used has doubled as a reno kit. And Tholos is one of the ones i've done it on (got original base while i was in PME, updated to CE which i reached over the course of the event via the regular upgrade items).

DeletedUser26965

I can confirm that every upgrade i've used has doubled as a reno kit. And Tholos is one of the ones i've done it on (got original base while i was in PME, updated to CE which i reached over the course of the event via the regular upgrade items).
well, it seems that is the majority opinion so now I'm swayed to yes. I wonder then if they are intended to do so.

DeletedUser29726

well, it seems that is the majority opinion so now I'm swayed to yes. I wonder then if they are intended to do so.

It's the lazy option. an upgrade item essentially deletes your old building and provides you with a new one. And when you're provided with new multi-age buildings they are your current age as default behavior (i honestly can't think of a place where this isn't the case either - if you run a GE after aging up despite all the age-locked prizes being your age when it started, the sacred sky watch or terrace farm you may win from chest #64 will be your current age not the expedition age).

DeletedUser35475

That is good to know. I don't want to use a 1 up on a building I just built.

DeletedUser31882

It also worked that way on my CBS pieces, I'm pretty sure.
I'm surprised this didn't come up in the last spring event, surely there must have been a lot of people with sets from earlier ages from the event before that then used the newly acquired upgrades on them. I'm still guessing no though and I want picture proof:D

I'm also pretty sure I did the same with 1-2 of my CBS pieces... but since I have just been assuming, I've never made an effort to verify.

Now I'll just have to add this to the long list of 'things to think about, potentially screenshot and report to the forums about'. Damn, Science... *grumble grumble data grumble grumble work*

Or I'll trust @xivarmy . *shrugs*

Good Talk Y'all.