• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Alcatraz

Rhyyss

The description says that Alcatraz creates four units "that you could produce in your city". Does that mean you only have to have developed the technology, or that you also have to have the military building too?

Rhyyss

Thanks. Considering it's size it really only seems worth it if you are planning on doing a ton of fighting. I think I will skip building this one.

Lucifer1904

it also virtually eliminates the need for happiness (Unless you are PE then not so much). I am LMA and I do not have a single deco or cultural building in my city because I have my traz. I also have rogue hideouts only so that is 5 Rogues a day (Goes up 1 unit every 2 levels)

DeletedUser29055

It actually eliminates the need for military buildings. Not immediately, but since you get unattached units (as well as rogues) at one point, if you only do GE, you will have enough unattached units to remove the military units and only keep the rogue hideout. At least, that works well for me. If you go into the next age, you will need the military buildings again, until you have enough unattached units. I like it and I only do continent map and GE.

DeletedUser29613

The description says that Alcatraz creates four units "that you could produce in your city". Does that mean you only have to have developed the technology, or that you also have to have the military building too?
You must have the building, but not even connected to a road...

DeletedUser29613

Thanks. Considering it's size it really only seems worth it if you are planning on doing a ton of fighting. I think I will skip building this one.
My view......this is a crucial GB....
all you need is rogue hideout and champion if you get it...... then you will have an endless supply......and through GE, when you find current era army units.....keep them as your defending army, or as a "rogue army starter".