• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Alcatraz

BEANMAN124

If I build Alcatraz, do I still need the other military recruitment buildings built or can that replace them?

Johnny B. Goode

You need to have at least one barracks in your city other than the Alcatraz. It won't produce anything otherwise. It will produce troops that match whatever barracks you have in your city. So if you want Archers, for example, build an Archery Range. And the Archery Range does not have to be finished building for the Traz to produce the Archers, in fact it does not even have to be connected to a road. You can just put a barracks in any empty space, and the Traz will produce those troops. I usually only have a Rogue Den/Hideout and sometimes one other barracks in my cities that have a Traz. That way you get only Rogues and the best regular unit from the Traz. For example, in Future Era I usually have a Rogue Den/Hideout and a Hover Tank Base.

To repeat, the barracks does not have to be finished or even connected to a road to trigger the Alcatraz.