• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Am I getting scammed?

DeletedUser35976

I made a deal to buy Traz goods from another player for 200 FP. After I had paid 50 FP, they said to post a trade for 250 progressive goods. I put 1 bronze age good/ 2 progressive goods trade out. They told they that it had to be something other than bronze age goods, however I was not informed of this prior to paying the FP. I put a trade for 1 ema/ 2 progressive, which they took. Should I get out before paying the rest of the FP?

DeletedUser32328

It's indeed a good idea to hammer out all the details beforehand.
But honestly, I find it quite pathetic that they are trying to squeeze such small gains out of the deal.
I would say that whether you continue or not depends on whether you still trust them and how your goods situation is. These deals are about buying goods with FPs, so I would not do it if it materially impacted my inventory.

DeletedUser

I made a deal to buy Traz goods from another player for 200 FP. After I had paid 50 FP, they said to post a trade for 250 progressive goods. I put 1 bronze age good/ 2 progressive goods trade out. They told they that it had to be something other than bronze age goods, however I was not informed of this prior to paying the FP. I put a trade for 1 ema/ 2 progressive, which they took. Should I get out before paying the rest of the FP?
Which world is this on? Maybe one of us could help you out and negate the need to deal with this person.

ODragon

I don't think you were scammed, I think there was confusion. I feel like in this game, there are a lot of 'obvious' things to a lot of people but they aren't the same. He thinks it is 'obvious' not to accept BA goods since they can't be donated to the guild. You thought it was 'obvious' that any goods were good enough. You were both right.

Lack of communications and thinking that everyone on the same page is probably the biggest problem I've run into in this game. I've definitely made mistakes thinking I was doing something 'obviously' right when apparently it wasn't. Learn and move on.