• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Am I Running my Worlds to Fast

DeletedUser23123

I been playing since June 2015. Second World in August. I'm now in High Middle Age in both world.
Reason I'm asking is that I've been reading some forum (just to get some schooling) and some players are hitting Colonial and Industrial after almost 2 years of playing. I estimate if I keep playing the same way which is about 30 mins to 1 hour a day. I will hit those age by Spring or Summer if not sooner. I play only for trades and getting the most out of goods. I stock up Supplies only for about 2 weeks then build up goods. Keeping some Supply Building around. GB building are getting thing from Happiness, Goods and Medals. I only build army and defense boost for my city. So in 5 months, I went through 4 Level of Research and own up to Tarmelmann, Frathia and Veletrites Province. Actually 4 and a half of research. Half way through HMA. And, I don't by Diamonds.

Just wonder if I'm playing to fast because my Goods are bouncing from 200 to 20 and back. Sometime I have to build Bronze Building again to restock. Or is this just how it goes sometime.

DeletedUser10517

Each to their own. What works for one might not work for another......

My thoughts are......You also have to factor in getting GBs and levelling them.....so you need forge points to do that.
Not much point being in Industrial Age with no GBs or GBs at level 1 and 2.

And building goods, then taking them down, only to put them back up again.........what a waste of resources.....plus, why build Bronze Age goods when youre in HMA? Build HMA and trade down.

Its all about finding a balance of all the different aspects of the game......Tech Tree, Levelling GBs, Blueprint Hunting, Trades producing supplies, coins and goods, Quests and Events......not to mention any guild obligations on top, such as acquiring an Observatory or helping guildmates with things.

It also helps to prepare in advance as stuff does begin to get very expensive very quickly.

DeletedUser23123

The Bronze building had to come back because of Province. I had (or thought I had) ever thing added up in the Tech Tree and the GB of that Era. Then when Province start. I get a little more in inventory. After awhile the Bronze stuff start to wand down and I sell those building for the next Era. Nope, some of the Provinces want Bronze Goods. Even during HMA. Here the thing. It seem like some Province want HMA Goods even those they have IA army and some with HMA army want Bronze stuff. Hell, I ran into a LMA province that want IA stuff. I had made plan to over stock my inventory up to 600 Goods but, I think I might be going to far.
I'm now waiting to get The Farm. Hoping that would get me over a million supplies by the end a the week. My Coins are over a million now, thankfully for the HMA Town Hall, Haunted House and the Clapboards. Also Aiding daily.
I do trade and make offer for Bronze Goods. The problem is that most of my neighbors need the same things. It get a little hair pulling nut sometime. So I just break down and build the Bronze back up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

selling or redoing buildings

The Bronze building had to come back because of Province. I had (or thought I had) ever thing added up in the Tech Tree and the GB of that Era. Then when Province start. I get a little more in inventory. After awhile the Bronze stuff start to wand down and I sell those building for the next Era. Nope, some of the Provinces want Bronze Goods. Even during HMA. Here the thing. It seem like some Province want HMA Goods even those they have IA army and some with HMA army want Bronze stuff. Hell, I ran into a LMA province that want IA stuff. I had made plan to over stock my inventory up to 600 Goods but, I think I might be going to far.
I'm now waiting to get The Farm. Hoping that would get me over a million supplies by the end a the week. My Coins are over a million now, thankfully for the HMA Town Hall, Haunted House and the Clapboards. Also Aiding daily.
I do trade and make offer for Bronze Goods. The problem is that most of my neighbors need the same things. It get a little hair pulling nut sometime. So I just break down and build the Bronze back up.

I've just started and I have been searching the forum and faq for answers, how do you sell, destroy, trade or get rid of a building? nevermind I figured it out

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23123

Click on the Hammer(with the hand-first one top row) down on the left corner. A slider will come down from the Forge Bar. There you'll have a sell tab(left) and the move tab(center). The one on the right is just to return your arrow. The trading is in the lower left corner as well. It the Hammer(Gavel with tap block-bottom row, second from left). Just so you know you can't trade buildings Or, sell them to other neighbors. When you set to get rid of building by clicking the Sell(Dollars Sign). you will get so much back but, not what you pay for, meaning with coins and supplies. Buying thing with diamonds is up to you. It make it harder to decide later down the road to sell a Premier Building. I wouldn't recommend buying buildings or even decorations. I prefer to save my reward Diamonds for emergency.

I been playing since June 2015. Second World in August. I'm now in High Middle Age in both world.
Reason I'm asking is that I've been reading some forum (just to get some schooling) and some players are hitting Colonial and Industrial after almost 2 years of playing.

I started in July 2015 and in Colonial age, don't buy diamonds and among the medal winners in the Colonial tower in my hood. So no I don't think it is too fast.

I play only for trades

Just wonder if I'm playing to fast because my Goods are bouncing from 200 to 20 and back. Sometime I have to build Bronze Building again to restock. Or is this just how it goes sometime.

The problem is in the bolded part. If you battle through the provinces instead of negotiating you should not have any problems in your goods depleting.

Last edited:

Mustapha00

The trade-off in fighting versus negotiating for provinces is that you have to build up your military and devote FPs to building and advancing Great Buildings that enhance your military. If you push too fast, you can find that your Crossbowmen are facing Musketeers. Not that that is an impossible fight to win- so I've read- but you will probably take pretty severe losses that will require time and money- mainly time- to recover from.

The trade-off in fighting versus negotiating for provinces is that you have to build up your military and devote FPs to building and advancing Great Buildings that enhance your military. If you push too fast, you can find that your Crossbowmen are facing Musketeers. Not that that is an impossible fight to win- so I've read- but you will probably take pretty severe losses that will require time and money- mainly time- to recover from.

That's when you pause fighting in the provinces and turn towards the hood :). The provinces obtained by fighting should be a better guide of your strength and progress than quests.

DeletedUser23123

When it come to fighting. I suck really bad. Can't get the timing right when the sliding thing on the bottom is moving. Trying to look at that and at the battle field screw me up. Plus, with that damn pop-up popping up everywhere. I can't even see the field. Why not just let play like Chess. Me against the computer. Let me pick my guys and move them. Then when it come to attacking. What button am I suppose to punch on. Hell I went through 2 mouse from the few I fought already.

DeletedUser3679

When it come to fighting. I suck really bad. Can't get the timing right when the sliding thing on the bottom is moving. Trying to look at that and at the battle field screw me up. Plus, with that damn pop-up popping up everywhere. I can't even see the field. Why not just let play like Chess. Me against the computer. Let me pick my guys and move them. Then when it come to attacking. What button am I suppose to punch on. Hell I went through 2 mouse from the few I fought already.

Huh? Sounds like you are hitting the autobattle button and then trying to control your men. To fight manually (you against the computer), don't click on autobattle, wait until one of your troops is highlighted, click on any empty hex within the troop's range to move it there, and then click on any enemy troop within range to attack it. Rinse and repeat. Or with the fairly new autoshoot feature, you can click on any enemy troop with the red sword shown on it, and the computer will move your troop within range and fire. This is faster (less clicking) but some players like to have full control over where their troops move.

If no enemy troops are within striking range, you can still reposition your troop and wait for the next round. To reposition your troop (or not even move at all), click on the desired hex within range. If your troop is still highlighted, you have not used all your range up. In that case you can either move again, or click on your troop to stay there.

Not as hard as it sounds - a few minutes and you will have your troops obeying your every command.

DeletedUser10517

You can play like Chess.....your turn, then the AIs turn.....and you can take as much time as you like.

From what you describe, you are clicking on the 'Auto Battle' button every time.........what that does is it gives your moves to the AI also.........and plays the whole thing the way it wants to, leaving you with more damaged troops/losses.

When a battle opens up, dont click Auto Battle. You can then take your time with your moves.

The tooltip is annoying, so if you need to see whats behind it too.....you can move the troops along the bar at the bottom with the scroll arrows, and then see the troop and the tooltip at the same time.

DeletedUser23123

I might start doing more practice with Neighbors, after letting them know. Not a big fan of plundering them. I would like to battle Provinces. They suck the Goods right out of ya. It that mystery when I explore a new Province. Thinking to myself, "Now what do they want?". Ok, avoid Auto Battle, Take my time moving and the Sword floating over head. Thanks.

Mustapha00

That's when you pause fighting in the provinces and turn towards the hood :). The provinces obtained by fighting should be a better guide of your strength and progress than quests.
Ever play "Free Flow"?
I can't tell you how many times I would replay a board in order to complete it Perfectly. Doing so gave you no benefit whatsoever, other than you got a nice little checkmark beside the pack if you completed all the boards within that pack Perfectly and maybe you could post your success on Facebook, but that's it.
I find myself trying to win battles that same way: Perfectly, taking no damage. At least, in this game, doing so means you win more Battle Points, so there is a tangible reward. Can't say that I've managed a Perfect win against a sector's defenders in forever- I'm just happy not losing 6 or 7 of my troops in order to win. But then I stink at PvP and PvE, so it might be just me.