• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Android advert watching . Is it going to stay ?

HeLLz

Just wondering if the advert watching going to stay permanently for Android FoE users ? To decide if I want to stay or look for something else. The problem is that I like to play game , but I don't like to be played if you know what I mean. It's like game is playing you lol.
Yes I did try the special FoE+ and no more adverts but it only last 28;days for 28 British pounds. I think it's total waste ..
Hell's

Attachments

• IMG_20220911_201128.jpg
    IMG_20220911_201128.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20220911_195819.jpg
    IMG_20220911_195819.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_2022-09-11-19-50-46-538_com.innogames.foeandroid.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-11-19-50-46-538_com.innogames.foeandroid.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 2

UBERhelp1

Just wondering if the advert watching going to stay permanently for Android FoE users ? To decide if I want to stay or look for something else. The problem is that I like to play game , but I don't like to be played if you know what I mean. It's like game is playing you lol.
Yes I did try the special FoE+ and no more adverts but it only last 28;days for 28 British pounds. I think it's total waste ..
Hell's
Yes. It's there for the foreseeable future. You can try out the browser version, which has no ads whatsoever, or just get used to them. Unfortunately there's no other choice right now.

Xenosaur

Yes, FoE on mobile has been implemented to become "aggravation-ware". Inno is attempting to break you down psychologically, with video ads (touch me! swipe me!, click me!) that flash similar to incidents, all day long unless you attend to them.

But wait! There's more!

Attending to your tavern must be done through a new tavern tab/screen that appears first, so you always get tempted to watch an advertisement for a basket of game non-value items (like 5% attack boost...) that last 4 hours - and you then can "do it again" for the same non-value items, 4 hours later (after 1 hour of mandatory cool down). 5 times a day - you can choose to give up your time, for non-value items!

To stop all of this this - you either:

1) say - to hell with it - and click the ads incessantly. Keep scratching their itch for them.
2) Buy their monthly package of extra value items, and the ads will stop - for 1 month (then begin again if you don't continue to pay each month...)
3) Move the game to your PC on a browser (as suggested by many others...)
4) Stay mobile game resolute but don't click - still attending to your game addiction each day. Takes fortitude, but many have it!
5) Find something else more friendly in the universe of city building games

Last edited:

HeLLz

Yes, FoE on mobile has been implemented to become "aggravation-ware". Inno is attempting to break you down psychologically, with video ads (touch me! swipe me!, click me!) that flash similar to incidents, all day long unless you attend to them.

But wait! There's more!

Attending to your tavern must be done through a new screen that appears first, so you always get tempted to watch an advertisement for a basket of game non-value items (like 5% attack boost...) that last 4 hours - and you then can "do it again" for the same non-value items, 4 hours later (after 1 hour of mandatory cool down). 5 times a day - you can choose to give up your time, for non-value items!

To stop all of this this - you either:

1) say - to hell with it - and click the ads incessantly. Keep scratching their itch for them.
2) Buy their monthly package of extra value items, and the ads will stop - for 1 month (then begin again if you don't continue to pay each month...)
3) Move the game to your PC on a browser (as suggested by many others...)
4) Stay mobile game resolute but don't click - still attending to your game addiction each day. Takes fortitude, but many have it!
5) Find something else more friendly in the universe of city building games
Also the 6 year investment in to game , money spend to get diamonds as inno love us spenders LoL. Than some silly change and give up game ? I hope inno be more fair to android players , as I do ground maintenance job and I do need a break sometimes to click something on my phone instead of cutting down dead trees ;)

Xenosaur

If you can wade through some of the other forum topics related to this new development, you'll begin to see a picture take shape very much in tune to what you've just told us. To recapitulate succinctly:

You've paid your money, but have stopped (or slowed) that practice as a 6 year mature player. Inno has clearly charted a course that they're going for new players that see the need to spend money (for diamonds) to accelerate their own game, like you "generously" did/used to do. Your money's been spent already - so what have you done for them lately?

Hmmmm...

Bottom line: If you stay and don't continue to pay, you don't make their hay, nor their day. Ads are their new game way.

Last edited:

Dursland

Don't watching the ads give you special prizes though? I would tolerate ads if I got fps or goods for it lol. (Desktop player here)

Oswyn the noble

I umm learned to accept the ads...dealt with it in my own way. Still a great game to play. Once, in a rage i almost abandoned the game over the video ads. Im glad i decided to resume playing

UBERhelp1

Don't watching the ads give you special prizes though? I would tolerate ads if I got fps or goods for it lol. (Desktop player here)
A little bit. Those purple incidents? Those are an ad watch on mobile. The 4hr tavern boosts that start when you enter your tavern? That's an ad watch. Etc.

Dominator - X

If you can wade through some of the other forum topics related to this new development, you'll begin to see a picture take shape very much in tune to what you've just told us. To recapitulate succinctly:

You've paid your money, but have stopped (or slowed) that practice as a 6 year mature player. Inno has clearly charted a course that they're going for new players that see the need to spend money (for diamonds) to accelerate their own game, like you "generously" did/used to do. Your money's been spent already - so what have you done for them lately?

Hmmmm...

Bottom line: If you stay and don't continue to pay, you don't make their hay, nor their day. Ads are their new game way.
Snoop? Is that you?