• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Anniversary Event 2023 Feedback

Dursland

Save some for planting new event buildings so you don't have to time it with your collection. It's really handy :)
Not a bad idea but I'm eager to finish my Archdruid huts. Got 3 Finish Specials so that will be 3-6 additional fragments tomorrow. I'm at 44 now so it's a good difference. With enough reductions I can finish before May.

Got my last kits. Glad to be done with the event. It was fun getting the prizes but not so much inputting every single board into a solver. Which I had to do, because the solver performed far better than I would have. Unnecessarily complex minigame - but that's to our benefit if we're willing to maximize effort.

I got a second Phantom Tower for a third of what people said it would cost. Looking forward to doing same in Wildlife, I hear it's 11.5k for a second building with good play.

DreadfulCadillac

Only 220 Diamonds + the $15 purchase, here's my results. Well done event! Certainty took some skill (If I hadn't made a few mistakes, (such as redeeming my 3key lvl 4 blue gem before getting rid of the frozen blue lvl 4 blue gems that were frozen for the orbs) then the 220 diamond purchase to get 60 energy wouldn't have been required at all). Overall, I liked this event. Had I spent no money and no diamonds, I would have gotten the full tower and then some - even though I didn't even do the daily challenge for the first few days. Further, the amount of daily specials I got was certainly something, I think I had rather good luck this event. Another full eagle mountain, plus ~5 sleeping cars, the last upgrade i needed for my charcoal express, some lavender fields, the lvl 2 grand king & queen, a SoA, 2 knights pavilions, some other stuff i'm probably forgetting, etc; All as daily specials! I think the key to getting daily specials was the Gold Chests - and in specific the x2 gold chests, those hit on the daily special quite a few times throughout this event, which was marvelous.
Screenshot 2023-04-18 022244.pngScreenshot 2023-04-18 022256.pngScreenshot 2023-04-18 022308.png

honey55

I finished the event in both my cities. In my diamond city I did 3 15 or 16. Other than opening the gold chest once each day, I used keys only once before the last day. In that city I ended up in silver with around 4500. On the last day I did not try to balance keys, and ended up with 79 red keys I believe that I couldn't use. In my main world I did 4 10s. I used keys twice before the last day, not counting opening the gold chest once each day to get the double.. On the last day I used most of my keys. I opened the gold chest the most, but if I noticed one taking just red keys, I opened it. I also occasionally did open one that took more red keys than the blue or green, but I didn't take much time to look. I did do better using more of my keys. I ended up in silver with 5000 points. So I did better in my main world than the other. I don't know if using 79 keys would have made that much difference, or more than likely it was doing the 3 15s instead. I ended up having to open a 160 reset in order to use up all my currency there. I think I might not have opened 3 a day or 2. I really wouldn't have wanted to do this event in lots of cities. I got faster as I went, but it took too much thought, to want to do even twice. Im not sure why I did it twice, as I already have enough attack to do 4 levels of ge in my other city, and I have no desire to do level 5, though it is future and I suppose I could try but would have to take out WWs in order to place enough defense buildings to get the job done. Im in my own guild, so will just do the 4 levels for now since I do have a temple of relics level 53 there. I didn't spend any diamonds in either world. Not sure if I could have gotten into gold for a reasonable amount of diamonds or not, but I think if I had wanted to, it would have been better to plan at the beginning since doing it all in one day would mean expensive resets.

stymie of Suwannee

Not everything I have planted is 1.0 per square (Modern is so weak), but close and/or will be in PM (6 weeks ish), but good for long term storage. I’m quite a bit like the Impaler, just a year later with very little cash. 3 Eagles Nests, 5 HoWolves, dressed to kill with lots of nice details (bye bye, Golden Orrey. Next on the block) and not a lick of space, like everyone else. Until a second generation Event is one of the last year’s more notable buildings (come on Heroes Tavern), I won’t break my pattern, except for the latest quality Event buildings and those pesky Nutcrackers. Also a big believer in dual stat AA&D buildings as a primary goal. Won’t have room for a fart in my city til Future (for real, early 2025).

Ironrooster

No diamonds spent.
Finished in silver in both cities that played the event.
Pretty easy mini game once I figured out the optimum way to play.

Expletive Deleted

At the end of the event I have some issues.
In both towns I played in, it took several diamond bonuses to get the complete tower. In my 2nd city I didn't even get the final golden upgrade.

I know I made some mistakes in my run, a pretty complicated so-called mini game didn't help. On top of that I haven't got the time or energy to devote an hour or so a day to an event. I am unfortunate enough to have a job, partner, and dog that take valuable screen time away.

I've noticed a trend in what I'm calling *new* FOE. And it goes like this.
- There is one way to do this. -
That's about it.
Which is where I'm reaching my limits on my patience.

You see. When this game was young, one could do any number of things. You could play any number of ways. There were always limits to what one could do. But you had options.

St. Patricks day boils down to ' do exactly what you're told when you're told and don't deviate '

This anniversary event took that and added " also spend $15 if you want to finish the building.

I like FOE it's one of the only games I play. And that's because at one time, it was a game that would reward patience, allowed you to build your own strategy, play to your strengths, and provide a challenge that was something you could achieve.

I feel like those days are gone. With every new addition, event or update there seems to be something meant to take away from the options we once had while playing this game.

At the current rate, within a year or two, this game will require a monthly subscription, plus event passes, plus diamond purchases, all while providing you with fewer fragments of the buildings you want, demanding more time, and ultimately becoming less satisfying.

I am already becoming a passive player and losing interest in several aspects of the game like GE5. I
don't know if I will be playing by the next anniversary event the way things are going.

stymie of Suwannee

If you stick to the game with high attack stats and get to future you can unlock a ton of expansions from map . I am in Oceanic future and still using future Hover tanks in every battle aspect .... Hovers are unbelievably versatile !
A couple or three years ago, I was talked into skipping Tomorrow and start enjoying Future fun. Unfortunately, 6-7 months later, I was all high on the ego Hovertanks provide and went AF with my attack almost to 1000 and AD worse. Whoops. Started losing last GEs (with Hovers) and lost 20% of my attrition range. Wasn’t super bad, recovered within a couple weeks of fine tuning. But made a lot of standards that, applied to my newer city as well, benefited it faster. Quickly developing that smaller Tuulech city to warp that math, so I can enjoy them at a higher level at a lower age. The reason Future is so far off is because I’ll truly enjoy Retaliate in PM & CE. It was fun and easy when I sucked at this game, so more than happy to spend 9 months in both ages. Being so eager makes me more patient, but sure is gonna kick ass. PM early June, based on GbG schedule.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I ended up at 5499 progress after spending 1990 diamonds going for a third Keymaker, so of course I had to spend 220 more diamonds to get that one last point (couldn't open another board without spending a lot more), but had 3 locked items that I was able to open and end at 5502. That got me the last Keymaker upgrade from ending up in diamond league, and a level 10 Tower of Conjunction that only needs 60 more fragments to make the golden upgrade. Basically 2 fully built event buildings (in 10 more days) and 3 Keymakers seems like a fair deal for what I spent.

Luckily diamond league wasn't as out of reach in this event as it has been in past events, and was reachable at only 5214 progress on MK. I'm not sure if that was because of lots of advanced players leaving the game, the confusing nature (to some) of the new mini-game, people just spending less in general, or a combination of all three.

I don't like the cash premium line concept, but will spend a bit if the price is reasonable and the rewards justifiable. Not sure that the second condition is going to be met in the next couple of events from what we've seen on beta.

MKPapa

1. Absolutely terrible guidance. A lot of minigame rules had to be found the hard way. I probably lost few hundred energy until I understood all the rules and tricks.
2. The event offered two best buildings in the game (except settlement ones), and one of those is available only for cash. Truly "pay to win" approach. If this continues, I am leaving the game.
3. Very bad, unbalanced RNG. I ended with 70+ red keys, and during last few days almost all minigames had more reds than blue or green. And at the same time there were no red collections, mostly reds could be collected only through triple collections.

Last edited:

Orius Maximus

I got the full tower on Jaims, but missed it on Parkog -- I had far too many Fire keys and not enough of the others to open chests, and that was even with trying to open chests in a way that kept the keys as equal as possible. I was able to keep the keys more balanced on Jaims so I'm blaming the RNG here.

A bit too much complexity with the mechanics though, especially with the bad in game advice. It's worse if the bad advice was deliberate.

I'm still not happy about the real money only prize slots.

CDmark

This event reminds me of the Wildlife first year. It came down to the minigame. Do good in minigame, great event, Phantom tower for free. Also, if you had good planning skills, for some strategic diamond spending and $15, 2 towers and 3 L4 key masters. I have always been ok with a player given the option to get more, if they want to pay. IF not good at the minigame then this event most likely went bad, especially if you didn't collect 2x daily chest bonus at 27 progress and play 3-4 boards per day. Not saying it was fair, just what it was.

NOW, I referenced Wildlife event because the the following year, they cut the coin, event currency. I hope they do not do it next year.

Probably one of the best events for chest rewards. If the minigame was good for you, 15+ daily specials for sure, I got over 20, both worlds.

G - 5356
X - 5144
both worlds less than 20 keys total left, didn't write down.

If it was next year, with the experience I have now, I would have had 6000 in X and 3 L4 key masters running. I did pop the $15 in X, in ME, need more for GE5 attack. I have come to the conclusion, for me, I will not buy anymore for G world. I am in Colonial. I will probably go for hovers in G, end up PME. Both worlds have lots of goods bcs I am a camper so lots of previous era goods, I got lucky bcs I can nego GE5 to get a city with many GE5 buildings, just takes time. Both have L100 CF, so I have current era just via collections, about 1500 a day, easy - coin, fp, supplies, UBQ. I think players with active multiple worlds will have the same decision to make, pay 2x or work 1 world as primary, the other as secondary.

I did play in beta and I know there was nothing to buy for $15 in Wildlife so this helped me decide to get the fragment machines (cost me 3 happy meals...lol).

I think this $15 payline will be the key for Inno. If they provide something good, Xmas and this event, some will buy. If you exclude F2P players getting fully leveled event buildings (not necessarily gold level, but they can get it over some appropriate time, not 6 months, 2-3 seems fair to me, without the extras, like 30 fragment grand prize, BG assistance), NO BUENO. AND, it can't be so exact where they need to sleep with a supercomputer to figure it out, be reasonable and fair.

I got a 3rd (for sure 2nd) 500 energy incident in G, last day. so, what did I do, last game?

100 energy and 1 L1 locked green gem, I went to clear the board, got it. I still had 40 energy left, the next board was actually free, didn't know that part. Not suggesting it as a strategy, but given board 6 is 320 energy, makes me wonder if 1 or 2 left on 160 board, it may be worth it.

Attachments

• last game.JPG
    last game.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 1
  • last game got it.JPG
    last game got it.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 1

Kranyar the Mysterious

Remember NOT to use those special upgrade kits as a regular upgrade of ToC !
Why not? The Keymaker's fragments give the same special upgrade kit, so I don't see any advantage to holding them. And if you don't have any Keymakers, then holding them till next year is probably going to happen anyways (unless you have enough of the special upgrade kits to make it worth placing a level 9 tower, in which case you should go for it), since the pieces we will earn in next year's event are likely to be the same 3-way special upgrade kit too.

Mor-Rioghain

I still am puzzled as to why Inno decided to leave one of the four elements out of the equation. What happened to Earth?

CDmark

8 frags 1 hit
did BG, cobalt, saw 2x for it
not sure what actually hit for 2x on key master but they do combine somehow

I will probably not do BG then cobalt tomorrow. Cobalt then BG, then key

Attachments

• x8.JPG
    x8.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited: