• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Another new world?

• Thread starter DeletedUser31440
  • Start date

DeletedUser32389

Eventually they are going to get to the point where one world becomes too dead to allow game play. I would bet to reckon some worlds are already reaching that point.
I was curious about this myself, it does seem inevitable. Maybe by that time the game would be all but dead already? Maybe they have a contingency for combining worlds?

DeletedUser31592

Z feels dead and slow to me. The only reason I still play is because I'm on a very firm plan. Some days I don't even collect, I only dump FPs (I'm still unplunderable)

And the terrible Colosseum challenge was available for both Y and Z. People actually won it. But we know that by winning they actually lost.

Freshmeboy

I have seen this before and what will happen will be a server merge to incorporate two 'A' worlds together when account activity slows to a trickle...Diamond deals from the angels above will incite new interest after the merger(s) and new features will be added to keep long term cash players in the game. All MMO's die, it's inevitable...just depends whether it dies with a bang or a whimper...

DeletedUser27889

I went on Forge DB to do a bit of research and it seems that they are really not that far off base by opening another world.

It seems their target for active players on a world is about 7K. So far it seems they have done a good job at filtering new players into worlds to keep them more unified than I would have thought.

Here are the numbers of active players on the US server by world, the EN and also beta.

A- 8K
B- 7K
C- 7K
D- 7K
E- 7K
F- 7K
G- 7K
H- 8K
J- 7K
L- 7K
M- 8K
N- 7K
O- 7K
P- 7K
Q- 7K
R- 7K
S- 7K
T- 7K
U- 7K
V- 7K
W- 6K
X- 7K
Y- 4K
Z- 3K

UK
A-7K
B- 7K
C- 7K
D- 6K
E- 6K
F- 6K
G- 6K
H- 7K
J- 6K
K- 6K
L- 6K
M- 6K
N- 6K
O- 6K

Beta

So while En does have less worlds, the active player counts shows that there is yet not need to open another. Though there is only one beta server, active players on that world are much less.

While Y and Z numbers are much lower perhaps forecasting new sign ups deems another new world necessary to keep with their 7K trend.

All in all the actual numbers were nothing close to what I expected and while I still don't like the double AA confusing us all, it does seem they are not pulling wool over eyes to say they need another new world, at least not completely.

Perhaps they decided to do it early for quarterly earnings but in any event the numbers aren't that far off.

DeletedUser25565

They're after diamond buyers. Z has about 3k players is all.. with over 1,600 inactive already. There's about 2.5 times as many inactive accounts as active overall. They don't appear interested in fixing anything at this point. HTML5 was forced on them since none of the major browsers actually support Flash anymore (they stopped that back in late 2016 if memory serves). You also tell they ran out of original ideas a while ago by having 6 parts to Oceanic Future.
New servers = people paying craploads of diamonds to get the first Arc and be #1 for a short time. That will run it's course as well since those who spent a pile of cash on Z aren't likely to do the same on the next new server.

spnnr

I went on Forge DB to do a bit of research and it seems that they are really not that far off base by opening another world.

It seems their target for active players on a world is about 7K. So far it seems they have done a good job at filtering new players into worlds to keep them more unified than I would have thought.

All in all the actual numbers were nothing close to what I expected and while I still don't like the double AA confusing us all, it does seem they are not pulling wool over eyes to say they need another new world, at least not completely.

Perhaps they decided to do it early for quarterly earnings but in any event the numbers aren't that far off.

Nice job ;)

I am not sure but is activity measured like that of the guild members ? I am assuming it would be accounts rather than "actual" players per world being measured since it seems many players have multiple accounts. For all we know it could just be you, Thygrym and Stephen playing the game ..lol

DeletedUser25565

Well, I found a player today with at least 7 accounts. It's pretty easy to find them... look at GBs and see which low level players are donating on things they have no need for or could ever build (Blue Galaxy for one). The person I found today has the same 6 players donating to several of her GBs , always almost identical amounts each on each level and all of them have either 2 GBs of their own (CdM and Hagia) or none at all. Most of the time they aren't even finishing in the top 5 spots. But 6 people donating 75 to 100 FPs each on every level helps quite a bit.

But I believe the active count is active accounts. Accounts that have been played recently.

spnnr

Well I guess it puts to bed the magic 7k numbers prescribed to Manda the First -because that seems just a bit too perfect in a world of imperfections..

DeletedUser3882

I am not sure but is activity measured like that of the guild members ?

The ForgeDB can be a bit “off” at times, but no... it’s slightly different and can fluctuate.

Guild members get tagged after 2 days no login(yellow) and 7(red).

The DB only counts “active” as players who have logged in in the past 24 hours.

If you check *right now* it shows *0* actives on the entire US server. Checking a few individual worlds, same. So, I have no clue what’s up with that as at least *i’ve* logged in multiple times, every day, but every site and everything has its quirks...

*Arturis*

I have city in all the US worlds, does that mean I will be counted as 20 something active account or just 1 active account?

Jase249

I thought about starting a new city on the 4th world but decided against it. Too bad since I do pay diamonds and I'd have been willing to spend them on the new world. But I'm not interested in going through and clicking "aid" 200 times a day on another world. Perhaps Inno could spend time developing ways to streamline the boring, repetitive parts of the game instead of adding advertisements to it.

DeletedUser32387

I know this may be a radical concept, but Why not go to bigger servers?
It would certainly solve the alphabet soup problem.