• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] ANSWERED: Will booting many guild members at once have negative impact?

• Thread starter DeletedUser38459
  • Start date

DeletedUser38459

I am pretty new to the game (since fall 2018) and have been asked to help my guild remove inactive players. I think in the recent past my guild was pretty quiet but we have picked up a slew of active people recently so things are finally starting to get fun and we want to build up our guild. The question I cannot seem to find an answer to:

Our guild has 30 members 13 of which we have decided to remove due to not playing at all. Will there be any negative impact to removing that many guild members at once? One of our members thinks that our boosts/ GE Performance/ guild level and power/ ranking will be effected. Will they? In either a positive or negative way? (we do not play GvG but do GE pretty consistently) Thank you in advance!

Kranyar the Mysterious

Only effect on GE would be that you are more likely to face smaller guilds than you are now. You will certainly pay less to unlock levels. It won't affect your guild boosts/level etc. Once your guild earns those points, they are yours.

The major downside I can think of would be that people joining your guild might see all those people leaving and think that maybe there was a mass migration out, and that the guild is in trouble, so on your main public guild thread you might want to add a message right after you kick those people stating that you just removed a lot of inactive players.

Not sure if being smaller would make it harder to recruit or not.

Super Catanian

There are lots of advantages to being in a small guild when it is a GE focused guild.

First of all, the costs to unlocking new levels in GE are reduced. Said costs are dependant of how many players are in a guild and their ages, which is why having a lot of dead members is not a good idea. It would be very expensive, and not a lot of players would be participating anyways.
When it comes to the Guild Championships, you face guilds similar in size. The only thing that affects that ranking is the activity of players, so if there are a lot of dead players, the overall activity will be low.

The only disadvantage I can think of is that it will take more time to level up a guild, since there are less players to contribute expedition points in GE.

DeletedUser38090

Will there be any negative impact to removing that many guild members at once? One of our members thinks that our boosts/ GE Performance/ guild level and power/ ranking will be effected. Will they? In either a positive or negative way? (we do not play GvG but do GE pretty consistently
GE is heavily based on the percentage of folks completing a certain number of encounters, so booting all of those people is extremely positive for your guild. You will be competing with much smaller guilds in GE, which shouldn't be negative. Your guild level, power, and boosts will not be affected by booting inactive members.

DeletedUser38459

Thank you one and all! I really appreciate the feedback here, we have been unable to come to any conclusions so this will help me make the case to boot these inactive players once and for all.

DeletedUser38459

I also suspected that the inactive members were holding us back in GE ranking. Good to see this is the case and now maybe we can finally get somewhere!

DeletedUser

I would echo most of the above comments. Your GE performance won't be affected negatively, because those players weren't participating anyway. Your GE performance will be affected positively, because your completion % will go way up with the dead wood removed. That means you have a much better chance of getting 1st, 2nd or 3rd, with the attendant % bonus. Say you got 1000 Guild Power Points before. You'll still get that, but if you finish first you will also get a 25% bonus of 250 more Guild Power Points. Since those players weren't contributing to leveling up the guild anyway, that negative also won't be present. With the extra bonus you'll usually get from GE, you'll actually level up slightly faster.

As far as prospective members, they will be much more likely to join and stay with a smaller, active guild than with a larger one with tons of dead wood.

DeletedUser38459

Time to sharpen my ax! ;) Thanks again helpful forum folk! You all have improved my game experience a lot since I started lurking months ago.

DeletedUser38459

Hello Algona et all,

Things are really shaping up for our guild now since inactive members have been removed. It also seems to have kickstarted our guild to a degree as the remaining silent players are now chiming in and being more active in general. We’ve already hit bronze or silver in every GE since the purge so things are looking up! Thanks again for the insights everyone!

- KQ -

The only disadvantage I can think of is that it will take more time to level up a guild, since there are less players to contribute expedition points in GE.

May be more than outweighed by getting the higher boost for placing first rather than 2nd, 3rd or not at all.

DeletedUser

It will still be a bit slower, but you're right.
No, it won't be slower, because he's kicking deadwood. As in, they don't contribute expedition points. So it would pure gain when they finish in the top 3 and get the bonus. So the end result will be quicker progression, not slower. And given that they are more likely to attract active players without the deadwood, it could be much, much quicker.

- KQ -

No, it won't be slower, because he's kicking deadwood. As in, they don't contribute expedition points. So it would pure gain when they finish in the top 3 and get the bonus. So the end result will be quicker progression, not slower. And given that they are more likely to attract active players without the deadwood, it could be much, much quicker.

Thank you for clarifying what I was getting at. That was my point.