• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Any insight appreciated

A56-7W

So I’m fairly new to FoE and very new to the forums, (first time poster here). My question is this, I’m nearing the end of HMA and am 1 BP away from both relics and SMB and am debating on which GB to build next, (if any). I just recently acquired the arc which pretty much wiped me out of coins and am focusing most of my FB production on leveling my arc. So 1. Do I just stay where I am for now and continue to build my stockpiles in HMA or do I move to LMA?
2. Build the next GB? If so which one? Keep in mind I’m currently out of land and can’t expand at the moment so to build another GB I’d have to delete a few buildings to create space. or
3. Is there another GB I should be working towards given my cities current stance. I’ve included a screenshot of my city. If there are further details you need to help me make an informed decision I’ll be happy to provide them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Attachments

• City.png
    City.png
    976.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Lady Gato

What GBs do you currently have and what levels are they? How many FPs are you producing a day ? You say you have stockpiles -- how much? What is your attack/defense amount? I imagine these are some of the questions that the more experienced players here will want to know without seeing a picture of your city.

Nicholas002

So I’m fairly new to FoE and very new to the forums, (first time poster here). My question is this, I’m nearing the end of HMA and am 1 BP away from both relics and SMB and am debating on which GB to build next, (if any). I just recently acquired the arc which pretty much wiped me out of coins and am focusing most of my FB production on leveling my arc. So 1. Do I just stay where I am for now and continue to build my stockpiles in HMA or do I move to LMA?
2. Build the next GB? If so which one? Keep in mind I’m currently out of land and can’t expand at the moment so to build another GB I’d have to delete a few buildings to create space. or
3. Is there another GB I should be working towards given my cities current stance. I’ve included a screenshot of my city. If there are further details you need to help me make an informed decision I’ll be happy to provide them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
it looks like for now you should stay in HMA for a bit, and build a stronger city before moving on. You still have buildings from the Bronze and Iron and Early middle ages. You could update most of them to HMA. I am not sure what levels your GBs are, but getting them all to 10 while in HMA would be a good idea. Maybe even take your arc to 80 while in HMA. As for what GBs to build next, I'd say CdM would be a good addition. But be careful with adding too many GBs without leveling them up to efficient levels.

edit: another thing is you have a lot of premium buildings (diamond buildings). these are generally not worth it, as they will get outdated in a few ages, and you will have to delete them, thus wasting your diamonds. buying expansions is one of the best uses of diamonds, and if you really want to spend more diamonds elsewhere, getting extra stuff in events is probably a better use than premium buildings.

A56-7W

I have LoA lvl 4, ToB lvl 1, Arc lvl 3, CoA lvl 3, SoZ lvl 2, OoD lvl 4, and a Gov. Vill, lvl 9. Aside from the hourly production, I produce approx 10 Fps daily. I don't currently have a stockpile, I'm working towards it. I currently have 98 Fps in stock. Attack is at +34%/Defense +19%.

A56-7W

it looks like for now you should stay in HMA for a bit, and build a stronger city before moving on. You still have buildings from the Bronze and Iron and Early middle ages. You could update most of them to HMA. I am not sure what levels your GBs are, but getting them all to 10 while in HMA would be a good idea. Maybe even take your arc to 80 while in HMA. As for what GBs to build next, I'd say CdM would be a good addition. But be careful with adding too many GBs without leveling them up to efficient levels.

edit: another thing is you have a lot of premium buildings (diamond buildings). these are generally not worth it, as they will get outdated in a few ages, and you will have to delete them, thus wasting your diamonds. buying expansions is one of the best uses of diamonds, and if you really want to spend more diamonds elsewhere, getting extra stuff in events is probably a better use than premium buildings.
You're right, Those diamond buildings were all event related buys. I appreciate you input, I think remaining in HMA and leveling my current GBs to lvl 10 is a good idea.

Nicholas002

I have LoA lvl 4, ToB lvl 1, Arc lvl 3, CoA lvl 3, SoZ lvl 2, OoD lvl 4, and a Gov. Vill, lvl 9. Aside from the hourly production, I produce approx 10 Fps daily. I don't currently have a stockpile, I'm working towards it. I currently have 98 Fps in stock. Attack is at +34%/Defense +19%.
You're right, Those diamond buildings were all event related buys. I appreciate you input, I think remaining in HMA and leveling my current GBs to lvl 10 is a good idea.
If it was my city, I would delete the Oracle and build CdM, and maybe Chateau*. Then level all GBs to 10. then level Arc to 80.
then move to LMA, and build and level some more good GBs, like Traz, ToR etc.

*Chateau is an essential GB if you do Recurring quests. If you don't do recurring quests, it is not as essential. However, recurring quests can be a very good resource generator, so even if it is not the play-style for you, it is worth at least researching them a bit, so you know what you are missing.

Emberguard

I’d get the Attack GBs up to Lvl 5 at least.

If it was my city, I would delete the Oracle and build CdM, and maybe Chateau*. Then level all GBs to 10. then level Arc to 80.

*Chateau is an essential GB if you do Recurring quests. If you don't do recurring quests, it is not as essential. However, recurring quests can be a very good resource generator, so even if it is not the play-style for you, it is worth at least researching them a bit, so you know what you are missing.
CF is second best GB after Arc. Arc to 80 then CF to 62? I think it is and you will never have a problem in this game when it comes to FP, goods, coins, supplies, etc. just a humble opinion

P.S. explain recurring quests being as OP did say newb to FoE.[/QUOTE]

DevaCat

Definitely agree: remain for a time and work on your GBs (not oracle). I would have built CdM before Aachen because Monte provides FPs which you're going to need; it's already done, but keep it in mind.

Ten fps plus hourly bar per day is not going to cut it for leveling that arc, much less fund any reward spot hunting with it. They are hungry little beasties. For an idea, a typical private arc swap group (for levels up to mid-20s or so) is going to want at least 30 fps/day from each member, and an ability to dip into your bank at times for much more than that. Then when putting your arc in 1.x leveling threads, you'll need quite a bit to prime/lock positions for investors. So imho, I think you have jumped the gun on getting that arc. It's not a disaster, it's just that with so few resources, it will take you longer to get that arc leveled up than it otherwise would have. Others may consider this heresy but I'd advise making FP production your top priority for a while. For a HMA city, 100 FP/day isn't an unreasonable target.

Do consider researching recurring quests and the Chateau. I'm biased, but I built the CF in my city before placing the arc. I was shortly able to sell all the goods buildings and the houses that supported them, making room for SoKs and other FP producers. (I didn't miss the coin production from the houses as I had a St Marks down). I never needed any premium supply producers (saved diamonds for expansions); my LoA boosted supplies collected while doing RQs. Later on arc+Chateau makes for a powerful combination.

Oh, fwiw, I built an arc in HMA, but I didn't do the serious run to 80 until I had moved into LMA. There's no hard fast rules. You can do it in earlier ages, it just takes some planning. Hope some of this helps.

Aggressor

ToR is essential to having fun and growing. Smb not as much
fact is that finding a relic is fun. And we play this game to have fun
At this point you are unready to make "The Big Jump". Stay put, replace buildings from lower ages with current age buildinvs, and maybe build a few more buildings useful for FP production as this will be invaluable later on. Sell or store the crow's nest. Next thing to get rid of his the hippodrome as soon as there's something better. Don't have wishing wells. Find a good guild (I don't care if the people in the one you're in are nice or blah blah blah) and join a top 20 guild that advertises a 1.9 thread. Disregard this if you are already in one.
After a couple of events, probably after the winter event, you're city will be more filled out. You'll have the event buildings that produce FPs instead of the useless buildings that dont, and a greater FP income. Then you will be ready to make "The Big Jump" to a level 80 arc.
@Dre657

A56-7W

Thank you everyone for your input it was more valuable than you know. With that I’m going to remain in the HMA for awhile and work on my GBs. I think storing the Hippo and Crows nest are excellent ideas to create space for forge producing GB. I do like the idea on my next GB to be CoD however I am now where near accomplishing that goal. I don’t even have a single BP for it yet so unless there are strong appositions I think I’m gonna build Hagia next. It’s a large bold yes but it can provides FB while I work on CoD. Does that saloons like a good go plan? I also have ToR ready to print now with a resources but if I understand it correctly it doesn’t consistently produce fp.

A56-7W

ToR is essential to having fun and growing. Smb not as much
fact is that finding a relic is fun. And we play this game to have fun
At this point you are unready to make "The Big Jump". Stay put, replace buildings from lower ages with current age buildinvs, and maybe build a few more buildings useful for FP production as this will be invaluable later on. Sell or store the crow's nest. Next thing to get rid of his the hippodrome as soon as there's something better. Don't have wishing wells. Find a good guild (I don't care if the people in the one you're in are nice or blah blah blah) and join a top 20 guild that advertises a 1.9 thread. Disregard this if you are already in one.
After a couple of events, probably after the winter event, you're city will be more filled out. You'll have the event buildings that produce FPs instead of the useless buildings that dont, and a greater FP income. Then you will be ready to make "The Big Jump" to a level 80 arc.
@Dre657

I like my guild but what you said stuck. I’m in a young guild that’s just learning out which has been helpful but what do you mean by joing a 20 guild that advertises 1.9 thread? And even if I had how could I be of any advantage to that guild with my low fp production rate?

Plain Red Justice

But what do you mean by joing a 20 guild that advertises 1.9 thread? And even if I had how could I be of any advantage to that guild with my low fp production rate?
That 1.9 thread can be a good reliable source of cheap blueprints when you take their 5th places. Especially if you don't know where to go when looking for Arc blueprints which you'd tend to need a lot at the start

Aggressor

I like my guild but what you said stuck. I’m in a young guild that’s just learning out which has been helpful but what do you mean by joing a 20 guild that advertises 1.9 thread? And even if I had how could I be of any advantage to that guild with my low fp production rate?
Some guilds are nice and will take you in and help you grow.
Being in a small guild means that the leaders and long term members dont have the resources to help you, and instead have to help themselves. In a top 20 guild with a 1.9 thread, the leaders and long term members let their resources become yours. They dont care about your FP production. Some have minimum participation requirements but they usually help you meet them. And its worth it to work hard in GE and GbG to get access to a 1.9 thread

A56-7W

Some guilds are nice and will take you in and help you grow.
Being in a small guild means that the leaders and long term members dont have the resources to help you, and instead have to help themselves. In a top 20 guild with a 1.9 thread, the leaders and long term members let their resources become yours. They dont care about your FP production. Some have minimum participation requirements but they usually help you meet them. And its worth it to work hard in GE and GbG to get access to a 1.9 thread
Ok, thanks!

P C C

How far do you go in GE, are you able to complete all 64 encounters? If not, that should be one of your targets and a consideration in when you decide to advance and whether to consider ToR. I really liked the ToR when I built it (and still do even though I might be able to make better use of the space) and the benefits at level 1 are much greater than those from added levels so it gives benefits even at low levels. But if you aren't completing GE then it is much less valuable. And it is large, so guaranteed FP producers make sense. The CDM provides both FP and attack bonus and the blueprints aren't too hard to get for someone with a low income.

If you are able to spend more time finding profitable spots on their neighbors' GBs, that really pays off. With a low FP balance, be extra careful to check that someone is active first - see if they have buildings from the most recent event, if their buildings are producing (provided you have animations on so you can tell), if they have space in their tavern suggesting they collected recently.