• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Any point in keeping the soccer field?

MOAGLEE

I have a soccer field from the 2021 soccer cup event and it seems to be basically worthless.

I log in only a few times a day, so the short production options (supplies, medals) are basically worthless, and the long productions (fp, goods) are a very small quantity. It's also still in iron age (while I'm in HMA now), and I have higher priorities to upgrade when I get a renovation kit (athlon abbey, hippodrome).

So I don't see how it's worth the 200 population (which increases very quickly with age) and 5x4 plot. Right now I'm planning to return it to my inventory and sell it at the Antiques the first chance I get.

Is there something more special about the soccer field that I don't realize? It doesn't even provide any happiness as far as I can see.

Emberguard

If it's in Iron Age then the only real worth in HMA would be the FPs. Decide from that whether you value the FP output to keep it or replace with something else. I would not bother using a 1-up or Reno on a soccer field. At that age you could just place normal goods buildings from the build menu if you want goods.

The building itself not that great. But it doesn't need to be great. It just needs to be better then whatever else could possibly fit in the space it's currently occupying. If you used everything you possibly could in the space you have, would that still be the weakest building in your city? If yes, would you then have anything left over you could replace it with or would you still have space to fill? Once you remove the field what do you intend to put there?

Nashtah

Like the question about the Terrace Farm this is not a question about what is best but what is better.

The Soccer field is not great but if you have nothing better then use it until you have better buildings.

You should keep it if you're going to use it as a FP-producing building and if you don't have other FP-producing buildings in that place. 2 FP a day in 20 squares is better than the expected value of 10/14ths of FP a day from having 4 alchemists running RQs.

Last edited: