• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Any tips on finding a better Guild?

67Sage101

This is not the original definition of sniping in this game. Sniping existed before there even was an Arc GB. The original meaning of sniping in this game was donating enough FP to take a spot from someone who has not locked the spot. Generally, it happened on GBs that were in regular swap threads, or were in private swaps. Then the Arc and the 1.9 sickness came along and everyone redefined what they thought sniping was. Personally, the owner of a GB should be happy for any donations, and quit expecting people to play the way they want them to. So there.

LOL. OMG. This give me so much insight into the kind of player you are.....maybe one of those guys that had 50,000,000 points when the arc came out and it took you another 3 years to figure out what it was for and why you needed it. LOL.....so much insight.

67Sage101

This will get things in a tizzy. Here's my new definition of sniping circa...arc level 180+ 2022.....any player that doesn't put on an amount equal to their ARC bonus. AKA if you have 180 ARC it should be 2.0. Frankly I'm tired of high level 150+ ARC players whining and crying when someone tricks then into 1.95 and they are still getting a profit of 50 FP on the position.

LOL....begin feather ruffling.

Johnny B. Goode

LOL. OMG. This give me so much insight into the kind of player you are.....maybe one of those guys that had 50,000,000 points when the arc came out and it took you another 3 years to figure out what it was for and why you needed it. LOL.....so much insight.
Wrong interpretation. I saw pretty quickly what it was doing to the game and decided I wasn't going to play that way. You should watch the movie "Quigley Down Under". I don't like the Arc and its impact on the game, but that doesn't mean that I don't understand it. And you're also wrong in saying "needed it". I don't "need" it. I have them in some of my cities, but my game does not in any way shape or form revolve around the Arc. Maybe you think we should all be playing "Forge of Arcs"? :rolleyes:

Pericles the Lion

Wrong interpretation. I saw pretty quickly what it was doing to the game and decided I wasn't going to play that way. You should watch the movie "Quigley Down Under". I don't like the Arc and its impact on the game, but that doesn't mean that I don't understand it. And you're also wrong in saying "needed it". I don't "need" it. I have them in some of my cities, but my game does not in any way shape or form revolve around the Arc. Maybe you think we should all be playing "Forge of Arcs"? :rolleyes:
OMG, not another Quigley Down Under metaphor. :eek: JBG, for a guy that "wasn't going to play that way" you sure went to the trouble of levelling the Arcs on your two main worlds to 80. Delete them and I'll believe your "hogwash" (to use a word that you are fond of)

Last edited:

Flynn013

I don't understand why so many people get upset over sniping and 1.9. There is nothing in the rules stating how many FPs you have to put on another players buildings. My arc is in the sweet zone for locking in 1st and 2nd at way less than 1.9. I don't complain when that happens, I'm thankful for the donations. To me it's that many less FPs I have to put on it myself.

Gypsy Grace

Look at the cities of people in your neighborhood and friend list ranked above you. Who has the buildings that accomplish what you are wanting to accomplish? Hover their icon to see what guild they're in and check it out on the global guild list. Narrow it down to three or four - message the guild contact listed in the member list or the neighbor and see which one clicks.

Watch out for highly ranked guilds which do next to nothing in GBG. Those are GVG-centric guilds that play in the All Ages setting. You won't belong with them unless you are in the Space Ages.

Not necessarily true. There are many ways lower-era players can contribute to AA such as dedicated DA fillers, releasing and retaking sectors with Iron Age DAs, etc. My guild has 3 Iron Age campers who regularly help out in AA GvG. Of course anybody below SAM will be limited in their GvG capabilities, but they can be important contributors to the guild depending on what your plans are.

FriarTuck

Pericles, that looks like good advice. I picked a guild before I saw your post, but if it doesn't work out I'll try your advice. Meanwhile, I'm settled in and comfy.

Just An Observer

Not necessarily true. There are many ways lower-era players can contribute to AA such as dedicated DA fillers, releasing and retaking sectors with Iron Age DAs, etc. My guild has 3 Iron Age campers who regularly help out in AA GvG. Of course anybody below SAM will be limited in their GvG capabilities, but they can be important contributors to the guild depending on what your plans are.
In Cirgard, the GvG powerhouses usually have era restrictions to aid in inventory management. If your guild is capable of being Top Ten day in and day out with IA players contributing, it is the exception to the rule from what I have seen, YMMV and all that.