• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Anyone else having issues with Chrome?

DeletedUser28676

Past couple of days have been REALLY annoying. I log in the game, and after a few seconds up to a couple of minutes, the thing shifts into a white page saying "Uh oh! Error in the page. You need to reload". I do, and problem remains. I cleared cookies and everything, but didn't help.

My questions are, is this happening to anyone else, and is this a Chrome thing, or did FoE update messed something up?

DeletedUser26120

I use chrome and the game loads fine for me. Can you try another browser?

DeletedUser28676

Used IE for a bit and worked fine. Whats weird is that when logged in from IE, it said i needed flash to play. After installing it all went smoothly. As far as i know, i already had flash. I mean, how would i be able to play from chrome for months without it? Does chrome have a special extension that allows me to bypass flash, and if so, would that be the issue?

Just asking because its been over a decade since i've used IE, and dont want to go back to it anytime soon.

DeletedUser26120

You may have to add foe to 'allow' in the flash settings on chrome. Click hamburger icon (3 dots in upper right) then Settings.

Scroll down to 'Advanced' and click that then look for Content Settings. Flash is one of the options. Click that and it has where you can add under 'allow'.

Mine looks like this:

A7RPgpl.png

You only have to add [*.]forgeofempires.com - the other two sites are ones I use.

DeletedUser28676

When i checked the chrome flash thing, it did have a forge line there, but also had a number in the end. So i copied your line and replaced it. Did not help. I can play, just not for long. Sometimes it goes into that error page as the game is loading. Extremely annoying.
I doubt it's the issue, as i've been playing since February this way. Unless Chrome had an update this week that screwed up compatibility with Flash, the problem is somewhere else.

So i gotta ask again: did FoE have any update in the past 2-3 days? Even a little change?

I REEEEEAAAAALLY don't want to use IE. :eek:

DeletedUser28903

I am having trouble in firefox and IE. Also tried Comodo Ice Dragon. I tried Chrome months ago and firefox was better.
Currently, I am getting freezes, and random selections of productions when I click on production buildings. GE is horrifying with needing several clicks half the time and freezes for several seconds the other half. I stopped playing it.
I do not have the latest version of firefox, but I do not think that is the problem, because I have issues with other games, and withIE. I uploaded AVG antivirus and its speeded up my computer, but FoE remains so glitch that I am quitting all fighting and the treasure hunt.
I have an old computer with Win 7.
I think it is time to buy a new computer, but I need to eat, too. The upshot may be no more FoE for me--it is too much stress.

DeletedUser26120

I think it is time to buy a new computer, but I need to eat, too.
Check amazon for refurbished pcs. This one had quad core with 6gb of RAM and was less than 200.

It will probably come with windows 8. I recommend you google "how to install linux mint xfce" and use that instead. Much faster.

It's not difficult to use - very similar to windows 7.

DeletedUser25795

Unfortunately crashes/lag doesn't seam to happen to all, so the experts believe it is at the users end. Believe me you are not alone. Many users in other posts and other web sites are having major issues. Most of my guild has issues too. I know my computer is good enough, Quad core 16 GB memory, top end gaming graphics card etc but mine wont let me play the game for more than a few minutes and crashes if i click on too many buildings to collect. It is a shame not all people talk on these forums and a real shame that moderators/programmers also don't have the same issues so many are us are having or they too would realize how bad this crashing has got recently. Another web site where people go to see if the server is down is full of people complaining about the issues, i just wish we could get everyone together so we can explain that something INNO did affected our gaming. I was fine until the patch when Incidents were added and now complete crashing and I did not change anything at my end so that is how I know it was something INNO did but no-one seams to read what I am saying and keeps telling me I need to change something at my end.

DeletedUser26120

Hopefully the upgrade to HTML5 in first half of 2018 will solve many problems.