• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Anyone else struggling with getting motivation/polish/ aid after Hallo event ?

Sharmon the Impaler

I'm F2P and have never built an Innovation Tower (or a CC for that matter). As far as it being useful, the best indicator that I have of its popularity is the number of blueprints that I have. I am completely unbiased when I invest in 1.9 threads and I invest over 40K FP daily. As you can see, I am off the scale with Arc prints. Inno is about as popular as the Rain Forest Project. You think that it is useful, clearly others do. But, not as many as you'd like to think.

View attachment 20957
View attachment 20958
View attachment 20959
I think between the two of us we have shone a light on the strawness of his arguement , 9999 wow ! I have 14K on average Arc BPs and I thought mine was high lol

Aristarchus1

I'm F2P and have never built an Innovation Tower (or a CC for that matter). As far as it being useful, the best indicator that I have of its popularity is the number of blueprints that I have. I am completely unbiased when I invest in 1.9 threads and I invest over 40K FP daily. As you can see, I am off the scale with Arc prints. Inno is about as popular as the Rain Forest Project. You think that it is useful, clearly others do. But, not as many as you'd like to think.

View attachment 20957
View attachment 20958
View attachment 20959

5432.jpg

The city above, is of the top player in USA, and friend of mine and you can clearly see the Rainforest in his GOAT city.

The Rainforest is great !!
Lol. I also still have it, like he does. It gives 6 times more prints when aiding.

So, when a new GB is released, I quickly gather 80 sets of blueprints in 2-3 days, with the help of the Rainforest
while the rest of you have to invest in Self-Lock threads to get new prints for a price of 5x or 10x (yes that's 5+ times more than 1.9 x)

And I haven't not even mentioned that it gives 100+ unrefined goods. !!

So, the Rainforest Project can still be found in the GOAT city
of the BEST player across all USA servers (colosi, with 11.3 BILLION points, who is also my friend in the game as you see,
we both play our main cities in us17 / Rugnir )

But of course some random guys in the FOE forum,
know better if a GB like the Rainforest is useless,
despite the fact that the best player in the USA, has it !!

By the way, both of me and colosi also have a Tower of Babel, which is also amazing, 4x4 and gives unrefined goods forever. But most importantly it looks great and it has some religious history behind it.

Not everything is life, is about 1% percent more attack.

And I am sure it doesn't make any real difference if that guy has 12845 % attack instead of 13000 %

After some point, it just helps to stop being materialistic regarding % stats, and try enjoy the aesthetics/graphics of the game.

There is no universal gameplay. Sometimes, you just have to enjoy creativity and decoration, which is subjective

so don't dictate others how to play their game.

It's about freedom.

Many paths leads to Rome.

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

My city is plunderproof , makes the second highest daily SAT goods in Q. I make 6 finish all specials a day and make 3 full sets of SAT BP a day. I think my city is very efficient.

city3.JPG

Pericles the Lion

View attachment 20961

The city above, is of the top player in USA, and friend of mine and you can clearly see the Rainforest in his GOAT city.

The Rainforest is great !!
Lol. I also still have it, like he does. It gives 6 times more prints when aiding.

So, when a new GB is released, I quickly gather 80 sets of blueprints in 2-3 days, with the help of the Rainforest
while the rest of you have to invest in Self-Lock threads to get new prints for a price of 5x or 10x (yes that's 5+ times more than 1.9 x)

And I haven't not even mentioned that it gives 100+ unrefined goods. !!

So, the Rainforest Project can still be found in the GOAT city
of the BEST player across all USA servers (colosi, with 11.3 BILLION points, who is also my friend in the game as you see,
we both play our main cities in us17 / Rugnir )

But of course some random guys in the FOE forum,
know better if a GB like the Rainforest is useless,
despite the fact that the best player in the USA, has it !!

By the way, both of me and colosi also have a Tower of Babel, which is also amazing, 4x4 and gives unrefined goods forever. But most importantly it looks great and it has some religious history behind it.

Not everything is life, is about 1% percent more attack.

And I am sure it doesn't make any real difference if that guy has 12845 % attack instead of 13000 %

After some point, it just helps to stop being materialistic regarding % stats, and try enjoy the aesthetics/graphics of the game.

There is no universal gameplay. Sometimes, you just have to enjoy creativity and decoration, which is subjective

so don't dictate others how to play their game.

It's about freedom.

Many paths leads to Rome.
I still think that having GBs that produce population that I do not need, or blueprints that I do not need, or unrefined goods that I do not need is a complete waste of space. This is my opinion. I disagree with you on most of your points but have never dictated to you how to play your game. Frankly, I do not care how you play your game because it has no impact whatsoever on me.

Emberguard

The Rainforest is great !! Lol. I also still have it, like he does. It gives 6 times more prints when aiding.

We don't have to do that at all. Not anymore anyway

The Autumn Vineyard automatically upgrades to the current Age. And only produces current age and above blueprints

In addition the Jesters Stage produces blueprint packs directly to my inventory, as do the Boathouse.

I have 2,614 blueprints sitting in inventory packs to open up right now. Once the new age comes out all people have to do is use Finish Special Production on the Autumn Vineyard which would give 10 Blueprints of Space Age Hub by then. Definitely not hurting on blueprints. I'm sure 2.6k random age blueprints would get me prints from the new age somewhere in that mix if I age up at that point

The knock-on effect of that is going to be less fierce competition if we get any more Great Buildings. Those in Space Hub won't need to compete, and those within a reasonable amount of Ages (let's say Virtual Future and above) will have a reasonable alternative using Finish Specials. Most of your competition for blueprints will come from lower Aged players who might not find the Autumn Vineyard blueprints pool of blueprints small enough to deter them from using Forge Points to gather the blueprints

That assumes any Goods cost doesn't outright deter players from chasing after the buildings. The main incentive to go for a Advanced Great Building is it being cheaper to erect than it would to Age up (or place down Event buildings). But if Goods sellers continue to make it more expensive to get the goods than to just Age up that's going to reduce the number of players it appeals to anyway

I can understand anyone who built RainForest Project back when it was useful for selling Goods to other players to still have the building. Same as how I still have the Innovation Tower on the city I built it before it became obsolete from Event buildings.

I would also understand if someone decided to build something just because they thought it was a fun toy to have, rather than being the most efficient thing available

Personally I wouldn't be building either of them now in a new city on a efficiency basis as the game dynamic is very different now. Selling goods from three Ages below now would be very difficult to do in the kinds of numbers that would pay off the rainforest, and the blueprints are so easy to come by nowadays from all the events within the past year that give blueprints (and would likely be available in Daily Specials again next year). Innovation Tower would be competing against any Event Building that gives Population + something else. If I built Innovation Tower at all in a new city now I'd probably only keep it low level long enough to get some Events and then delete the Innovation Tower

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

If you got this info from the city's builder I think he was pulling your leg (or the 12845% represents the aggregate red and blue boosts?). A fully expanded Titan city is 3,776 squares. Can't get to 12845% red attack.

Pericles the Lion

From the CM on the Beta Forum. Posted this morning:

Interesting. The German official wiki offers a detailed explanation, but the others do not.

Here is the list:
  1. Forge Points, starting with buildings that produce the most
  2. Goods
  3. Units
  4. Medals
  5. BP
  6. Guild Power
  7. If none of the above buildings are left, a random building of the current era is motivated or polished

However, this list is only valid for the old building types. The new building types do not follow this order.

Feedback on changing the order etc. has been passed along since the new buildings have been added.

PJS299

Bro, of course you don't have any population problems,
since you paid your way to get
so many Sunhavens , Buch Bays, Conjunction towers, Panda Reserves, Viceroys, Aegeans and Vibrant Autumns.

But I was talking from the perspective of FTP players (free to play), who don't spend on this like you did. For them, Inno tower is very useful.
I'm also F2P, and building the Inno never even crossed my mind. I have enough population from event buildings, and don't have any GB giving population, yet I'm fine...

Aristarchus1

If you got this info from the city's builder I think he was pulling your leg (or the 12845% represents the aggregate red and blue boosts?). A fully expanded Titan city is 3,776 squares. Can't get to 12845% red attack.
I meant 12845% altogether , blue/red stats. If you add all these together, I am sure he gets more than 10K, I don't know the exact number though.
12845% was an assumption, just to fit my argument, the exact number is not important.

Pericles the Lion

I meant 12845% altogether , blue/red stats. If you add all these together, I am sure he gets more than 10K, I don't know the exact number though.
12845% was an assumption, just to fit my argument, the exact number is not important.
While it may have been what you meant it was not what you said, in bold. No matter, making up numbers to "fit" an argument is deceitful. :rolleyes:

Aristarchus1

We don't have to do that at all. Not anymore anyway

The Autumn Vineyard automatically upgrades to the current Age. And only produces current age and above blueprints

In addition the Jesters Stage produces blueprint packs directly to my inventory, as do the Boathouse.

I have 2,614 blueprints sitting in inventory packs to open up right now. Once the new age comes out all people have to do is use Finish Special Production on the Autumn Vineyard which would give 10 Blueprints of Space Age Hub by then. Definitely not hurting on blueprints. I'm sure 2.6k random age blueprints would get me prints from the new age somewhere in that mix if I age up at that point

The knock-on effect of that is going to be less fierce competition if we get any more Great Buildings. Those in Space Hub won't need to compete, and those within a reasonable amount of Ages (let's say Virtual Future and above) will have a reasonable alternative using Finish Specials. Most of your competition for blueprints will come from lower Aged players who might not find the Autumn Vineyard blueprints pool of blueprints small enough to deter them from using Forge Points to gather the blueprints

That assumes any Goods cost doesn't outright deter players from chasing after the buildings. The main incentive to go for a Advanced Great Building is it being cheaper to erect than it would to Age up (or place down Event buildings). But if Goods sellers continue to make it more expensive to get the goods than to just Age up that's going to reduce the number of players it appeals to anyway

I can understand anyone who built RainForest Project back when it was useful for selling Goods to other players to still have the building. Same as how I still have the Innovation Tower on the city I built it before it became obsolete from Event buildings.

I would also understand if someone decided to build something just because they thought it was a fun toy to have, rather than being the most efficient thing available

Personally I wouldn't be building either of them now in a new city on a efficiency basis as the game dynamic is very different now. Selling goods from three Ages below now would be very difficult to do in the kinds of numbers that would pay off the rainforest, and the blueprints are so easy to come by nowadays from all the events within the past year that give blueprints (and would likely be available in Daily Specials again next year). Innovation Tower would be competing against any Event Building that gives Population + something else. If I built Innovation Tower at all in a new city now I'd probably only keep it low level long enough to get some Events and then delete the Innovation Tower

I agree. The Rainforest not the best GB, but it's not totally trash either.

I many many top players still have Cherry sets, or Hippodrome sets or Train Sets or even Pirate Ships/ Pagodas / Rotundas.

So, there are many more worse choices.

I have 32 GBs ( all GBs except these 14 : Atlantis, Capitol, Atomium, Colloseum , Deal Castle, Fr.Dresden , Gaea statue, Lotus Temple, Notre Dame, Oracle of Delphi , Space Needle , Stargazer, Voyager V1, Habitat ) .

I consider all these 14 above which I don't have, as totally trash GB , maybe with the exception of Atomium , Deal Castle and Stargazer, which I don't have the space to build, and they don't seem great either.

Based on that , I would rank Rainforest as my 28th or 29th best out of my 32 GB,
(just a bit above my Babel, Virgo Project and SMB (Basilica)) ,

but since I had the extra space, and Jesters Stages was not a thing last year, then I thought to build Rainforest back then.

Now, that I have 10+ Jesters Stages, I would not build it today, but I am not deleting it either, because I hoarde a lot of unrefined goods (currently SAAB, but will be unrefined Venus goods once the Hub age comes in).

And all these goods, I can donate to treasury, or have the potential to sell them. The rainforest give 3 unrefined goods per square, and 6 times more prints in my daily 250+ Mo/Po, so it's not totally useless space.

For some GBs like Virgo, SMB, Rainforest, or Royal Hall , I still struggle to find prints, I am stuck at 40 sets of Virgo, 55 sets of SMB, 45 sets of Rainforest, and 52 sets of Royal hall, so I can't level them further,
despite that I also get tons of prints from Rainforest's Mo/Po and from the 10 Jesters Houses. So, if every day I complete a 9-set of BP, I open 1 level at time, but it's a grind.

In my farm world, where I don't have Rainforest nor Jesters Stages, there it's a deadlock, with many of my GBs struggling to get prints. So, in my main city, the Rainforests/Jesters Stages, just ease that process, so I don't have to worry about prints again.

You mentioned Autumn vinyard, but this only gives higher age prints, in my case, Titan prints only, which I don't really need anymore, since I aid daily my titan hood and I have more than 300 of all Titan GBs prints.

At least my Aegean Resort gives prints of ALL AGES, and not only from higher ages, like the Autumn does.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

I don't know the exact number though.
What's wrong with the world now all wrapped up in two sentences. The trouble with actually saying this is that now everything you've said before is now open to doubt because you've said that you make stuff up to fit your argument. :rolleyes:

xivarmy

Can't is a 4 letter word! Shouldn't probably :p But I think it's possible if you singlemindedly focused on it and had an unlimited amount of diamonds to dedicate to it.

Not trying to support his argument (i'm about to describe a very impractical city), but for fun, what would it take to hit 13000% red attack.

3,776 Squares - 42 for the townhall = 3734 squares.

The best simple buildings are feta farms at 17 attack / 6 tiles, roadless = 2.83% per tile.

3734 / 6 * 17 = 10574 as a simplistic starting point. Only 2426 to go!

We'll say you're throwing down a 300% buccaneer's buff you've got stockpiled from before you became this city and a 30% tavern buff. 5% from the always-on tavern buff. And 60% from castle. 10979%.

We'll next throw in a Level 80 Centaurus (320/18 = 17.8% per tile), level 149 Zeus (100 / 7 = 14.3% per tile), Level 80 Hydra (240/18 = 13.3% per tile), level 147 CoA (99 / 26 = 3.8% per tile), level 149 CdM (100 / 27.5 = 3.6% per tile), and level 139 TA (85 / 26 = 3.3% per tile). These of course can be raised further - but we'll try to stick to something that seems approachable for a top player now.

So in total we've budgeted 122.5 squares for great buildings to help us in our quest for someone's arbitrarily set "impossible" milestone. this takes us down to 3611.5 squares for feta farms = 10217, a loss of 357 replaced by 944 from the great buildings. We're up to 11566.

Now we're getting desperate with 1434 to go.

You can make up a bit of odds and ends from one-shot buildings that you can have 1 of each. A Grape Stompin Festival Lv 2 for instance is 13% higher than a feta farm in the same space. There's some big ones coming next event. Let's say you get 100% worth of improvement in total from those for now. 1334 to go.

2 More Levels on each of your great buildings gives 18% in total so it'd take another ~74148 levels on each for that. Bit of a stretch.

So now we head into desperation mode: Those stupid stormspire towers. A SAT vibrant autumn vineyard (which you need, because none of the buildings discussed provide any population) supports a variable number of stormspires depending on their era.

Age of Stormspire​
Stormspire Pop​
# Per SAT VAV​
Dauntings​
Space​
Attack Boost​
Improvement over Feta Farms​
Approx Needed Stormspires​
Iron​
60​
300​
3.0​
325.5​
1,992​
1,070​
374​
Industrial​
259​
69​
0.7​
92.2​
491​
229​
401​
Virtual Future​
800​
22​
0.2​
44.7​
185​
58​
503​
SAT​
1717​
10​
0.1​
32.6​
107​
15​
912​

Technically possible! One hell of a pocketbook expenditure, but possible! Significantly easier if you played the event and placed the stormspires in a low age and then aged up. But still expensive.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Can't is a 4 letter word! Shouldn't probably :p But I think it's possible if you singlemindedly focused on it and had an unlimited amount of diamonds to dedicate to it.

Not trying to support his argument (i'm about to describe a very impractical city), but for fun, what would it take to hit 13000% red attack.

The best simple buildings are feta farms at 17 attack / 6 tiles, roadless = 2.83% per tile.

We'll say you're throwing down a 300% buccaneer's buff you've got stockpiled from before you became this city and a 30% tavern buff. 5% from the always-on tavern buff. And 60% from castle. 10979%.

We'll next throw in a Level 80 Centaurus (320/18 = 17.8% per tile), level 149 Zeus (100 / 7 = 14.3% per tile), Level 80 Hydra (240/18 = 13.3% per tile), level 147 CoA (99 / 26 = 3.8% per tile), level 149 CdM (100 / 27.5 = 3.6% per tile), and level 139 TA (85 / 26 = 3.3% per tile). These of course can be raised further - but we'll try to stick to something that seems approachable for a top player now.

So in total we've budgeted 122.5 squares for great buildings to help us in our quest for someone's arbitrarily set "impossible" milestone. this takes us down to 3611.5 squares for feta farms = 10217, a loss of 357 replaced by 944 from the great buildings. We're up to 11566.

You can make up a bit of odds and ends from one-shot buildings that you can have 1 of each. A Grape Stompin Festival Lv 2 for instance is 13% higher than a feta farm in the same space. There's some big ones coming next event. Let's say you get 100% worth of improvement in total from those for now. 1334 to go.

2 More Levels on each of your great buildings gives 18% in total so it'd take another ~74 levels on each for that. Bit of a stretch.

So now we head into desperation mode: Those stupid stormspire towers. A SAT vibrant autumn vineyard (which you need, because none of the buildings discussed provide any population) supports a variable number of stormspires depending on their era.

Age of Stormspire​
Stormspire Pop​
# Per SAT VAV​
Dauntings​
Space​
Attack Boost​
Iron​
60​
300​
3.0​
325.5​
1,992​
1,070​
374​
Industrial​
259​
69​
0.7​
92.2​
491​
229​
401​
Virtual Future​
800​
22​
0.2​
44.7​
185​
58​
503​
SAT​
1717​
10​
0.1​
32.6​
107​
15​
912​

Technically possible! One hell of a pocketbook expenditure, but possible! Significantly easier if you played the event and placed the stormspires in a low age and then aged up. But still expensive.
This is the reason I still check the forums. Quality posts as always, Xivarmy!

WillyTwoShoes

Without knowing the sequence in which placed (in some cases purchased) structures are motivated how is any player supposed to make intelligent decisions about their construction priorities? To my way of thinking a player shouldn't have to be guessing how to fix what the Inno/foe team did that unbalanced their city while fending off players, plunders, and trying to grow their city in a thoughtful way.

I know that I personally have problems getting any decent percentage of my buildings motivated. I specifically placed two Archdruid Huts with the intention of growing Tree of Patience's' and their (25% x2 Self Aid). I have a number of those placed and they are rarely motivated and when they do produce its never with self aids. Not to mention THEY have to be motivated to produce. <-- isn't that a sweet deal for someone :(

I have resigned myself to looking specifically for mass aids in the Event Daily's (of which the Halloween event to date has none) and ruthlessly weeding out the friends list slackers. I'm awfully careful now of any structure I go after in events or place because all the extras it provides are worthless without being motivated.

Sharmon the Impaler

2 More Levels on each of your great buildings gives 18% in total so it'd take another ~74148 levels on each for that. Bit of a stretch.

Age of Stormspire​
Stormspire Pop​
# Per SAT VAV​
Dauntings​
Space​
Attack Boost​
Iron​
60​
300​
3.0​
325.5​
1,992​
1,070​
374​
Industrial​
259​
69​
0.7​
92.2​
491​
229​
401​
Virtual Future​
800​
22​
0.2​
44.7​
185​
58​
503​
SAT​
1717​
10​
0.1​
32.6​
107​
15​
912​

Roads , Supplies and coins ? )

Pericles the Lion

Without knowing the sequence in which placed (in some cases purchased) structures are motivated how is any player supposed to make intelligent decisions about their construction priorities? To my way of thinking a player shouldn't have to be guessing how to fix what the Inno/foe team did that unbalanced their city while fending off players, plunders, and trying to grow their city in a thoughtful way.

I know that I personally have problems getting any decent percentage of my buildings motivated. I specifically placed two Archdruid Huts with the intention of growing Tree of Patience's' and their (25% x2 Self Aid). I have a number of those placed and they are rarely motivated and when they do produce its never with self aids. Not to mention THEY have to be motivated to produce. <-- isn't that a sweet deal for someone :(

I have resigned myself to looking specifically for mass aids in the Event Daily's (of which the Halloween event to date has none) and ruthlessly weeding out the friends list slackers. I'm awfully careful now of any structure I go after in events or place because all the extras it provides are worthless without being motivated.
See post #2 in this thread. 15 Nutcrackers is the fix. Even fewer when they get upgraded during the Winter Event.

Sharmon the Impaler

All the 10% are there to cripple making endless buildings. I had 27 Landings Kits and only 130/150 Bucc frags. I ditched the Cartos , it's misrepresented garbage.

xivarmy

Roads , Supplies and coins ? )
Roads are accounted for in my sizes (i.e. Centaurus as size 18 instead of 16 assumes it shares the road along one side with a building on the other side of it).

Coins and Supplies are irrelevant as this was not a serious practical city - just a stretch to see if it was "possible". Also not included are space for great buildings you almost certainly would include - like the Arc :p