• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Arc, Atom, or Obs

nsiebold

While searching through the Guilds, I noticed that some of them specifically mention having an Arc in their description. I assume that this is because the Arc provides contributions to the Guild's treasury, but so do the Atomium and Observatory. Actually, the Atomium provides more goods than the Arc per day (12 for the Atom vs. 9 for the Arc at Level 1). So what's the advantage?

Johnny B. Goode

While searching through the Guilds, I noticed that some of them specifically mention having an Arc in their description. I assume that this is because the Arc provides contributions to the Guild's treasury, but so do the Atomium and Observatory. Actually, the Atomium provides more goods than the Arc per day (12 for the Atom vs. 9 for the Arc at Level 1). So what's the advantage?
The "secondary" bonus.
Arc increases your donation rewards when you get a reward spot on a GB that levels. Most people actually consider this the main bonus and the Treasury goods as the secondary one.
Atomium gives Happiness. Most advanced cities get plenty of Happiness from other sources.

wolfhoundtoo

The Arc gives you the ability to grow your other GBs faster once you've developed it enough. It is very likely that any guild that requires an Arc will have some members willing to help you get that Arc up pretty high (at minimum via the 1.9 thread). The Arc bonus also gives you more blueprints when you win a spot so you get more blueprints which lets you open more levels of your great buildings. At some point blueprints are plentiful if you have an arc that gives you a 90% boost on the spots you win if you are putting your fps into other GBs at that rate (thus the 1.9 thread).

So while an atom might give more goods a player is much more likely to grow an Arc way beyond the level that they will stop putting fps into the atom.

Emberguard

The Arc is the most beneficial for a Guild to require because it serves two purposes: (1) Guild Growth (2) Personal Growth

If you require the other two treasury Great Buildings you'll achieve Guild Growth, but that's all you'll achieve. It is a good idea to go for the other two GBs eventually. But it's not an immediate need, you can wait to do that later after you have your city built up further as your city growth will enable you to better raise the other two Great Buildings

generalwoo

Per the wiki, Atom gives 6 goods at level 1.

Aside from the increase to contribution rewards, the Arc is the cheapest treasury building to level to 80 with 1.9 donations (24,023 FP for Arc vs. 25,909 FP for Obs and 35,078 FP for Atom). And because it is such a popular building, it isn't difficult to find other players working on one, so blueprints are easy to come by.

On the other hand, the Atom is the largest treasury building, and there aren't many players working on one. I've been trying to get more prints for my Atom and have even reached out to global a few times. There has been very little interest.

Just An Observer

Playing in a large guild with every era having players, then add in being a strong presence in GBG and GvG, led to a discussion of needed daily contributions to the guild treasury. The number being discussed was 2000. I achieved that with Arc 80/Obs 70/Atom 50/SoH Level 8. Since all eras in our guild other than SAV have low single digit amounts, I believe in order to end the asking for donations from our members, a 2500 goal is needed. Arc 80/Obs 80/Atom 80/SoH Level 8 x 2 = 2495. Add in a Royal Bath House or Airship to break the 2500 barrier plus one usually has the option of plopping down a third SoH Level 8.

Guild treasury levels being high allow a guild to stay on the attack. Those siege camp costs add up but so do the benefits as attrition is reduced while FP's and other goodies pour in. Get all three of these guild-oriented GB's in every guild member's city at the needed level to enjoy the rewards!

Ebeondi Asi

For individual success the Arc 80 is a requirement all around. Arc 80+ a must have GB. One thing it does for every player is allow helping others in the Guild level all sorts of Great Buildings and you add the 1.9 and you get 100% of it back, like an endless self perpetuating machine. Successful Guilds have many many players constantly working on GBs in the 1.9 and other players helping each other..
And yes Arc 80+ provides a lot of goods to the Guild. High level Guilds have plenty of members with level 100 Arc., and usually nearly all wth a level 80 Arc. . And high level Obs can be required. or the promise to work on leveling up an observatory. . Obs is far easier to level up than the Atom. and as mentioned Statue of Honor also add a lot to the treasury as they multiply. The Atom is really ony for folks who really want to add it, or who have the others a good ways leveled up.
If the Arc need is a mystery to the op here. The Arc is a must have. it takes months to do, and is a lot easier if you find a Guild that works to help it's members Arcs grow.

r21r

Aside from the increase to contribution rewards, the Arc is the cheapest treasury building to level to 80 with 1.9 donations (24,023 FP for Arc vs. 25,909 FP for Obs and 35,078 FP for Atom). And because it is such a popular building, it isn't difficult to find other players working on one, so blueprints are easy to come by.
FP/guild goods, i think it's better to raise your arc to 90lvl, then raise your OBS.

could be more or less, double collections included. without double collections i think arc's optimal level for treasury goods is little smaller.

Chateau is still stronger than all of them together though (for guild goods as long as you deposit them), but needs clicking

DevaCat

@r21r thanks for citing the CF, it usually gets forgotten in this context. A sufficiently leveled CF can produce the player’s daily contribution in short order but as you noted requires more than a passive collection. Hard thing is to actually part with the goods! :p