• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Arctic Harbor shows 85% after repairs

NWWolverine

I must be missing something. After the ship returns and I pay for repairs, my ship only reaches 85%. I still need to select the crew. Is this normal? Obviously, I'm new to the Harbor...

Ebeondi Asi

Yes the 85% is the normal. Only if you train up for many trips, and work a selected crew who mitigate the lost percentage will you ever get to 100%. Getting to 100% is a lot of work, and I advise not worth the bother.
You can make a choice of more Goods? or faster times? or 100% repair? Players can rather quickly get the ship to complete two trips a day.(at the cost of Goods per trip) Or you can get the ship to return more Goods.
(or you can go for getting to 100% repair)
These are decisions you have to make.
I went for more Goods. a Guildie friend went for two trips a day.
No one I know went for 100% ship
Then the problem of geting the crew you want... (and realize you get more crew later in the Research line) without spending Diamonds.. Tough to do each time. So a lot of compromiss in runing th ship in Arctic Future. (and it will be similar in Oceanic with submarine)

Ebeondi Asi

Since it is so complicated, No. The problem is no one can do all the possible ways. No one has compared what one person did with another ... So far. So there is no comparison available.
I chose what I thought was the way to get the most Goods.Someone else chose a different way.
There is the matter of needing Goods for each trip. Two trips means you spend twice as many Goods.
But two trips increases the learning twice. If you choose speed you invariably lose goods.
The ship has endless choices. Time to be brave and just decide. Flip a coin. I will say.. Once youchoose one methid Stick to it. changing your mind after starting down one path, is just is a total waste of time.

And if you mist have someone tell you ...go for the most goods once a day. Period. you can thank me later.
It is just easier to do the longer, and take care of it once a day.

NWWolverine

Thank you for answering what I was wondering. It just seemed odd that the ship after repairs and before hiring the crew wouldn't be at 100%. Thought I was missing something. I'm definitely going for goods over speed. I was told that this was a long trip through AF and I'm not in a big hurry.

wolfhoundtoo

The ship does go to 100% if you repair it. Are you sure you aren't talking about the screen where you pick the crew and it shows you want the ship will be like (damaged wise) when it comes back?

Ebeondi Asi

I am sorry the ship goes to 85% (never to 100% unless you last crew was 'improving it' If you previous crew fixed to ship to 100% then it stays at 100 for the next voyage. )
The bog standard is 85% after you pay to repair it

wolfhoundtoo

I don't think so but i'll run it today and confirm. Pretty sure you are confusing the status on the crew picking screen which shows the result of the NEXT trip that you are picking the crew for on that screen. The repair screen shows it at 100% if you actually pay goods to repair it. I'll be back tomorrow either way to update the thread.

xivarmy

I am sorry the ship goes to 85% (never to 100% unless you last crew was 'improving it' If you previous crew fixed to ship to 100% then it stays at 100 for the next voyage. )
The bog standard is 85% after you pay to repair it
The 85% is the result on return trip. It'll show:
1667375744943.png
Which is to say it's losing 15% and ending at 85% from the trip (a.k.a. it's at 100% now)

Johnny B. Goode

The ship does go to 100% if you repair it. Are you sure you aren't talking about the screen where you pick the crew and it shows you want the ship will be like (damaged wise) when it comes back?
No, it does not. If it did, there would be no sense in having crew members that increased the ship's health. I just checked on the world where I have both ships. One didn't have the option to repair, even though it was at 76%. The other did have the option to repair, which I did, and it went from 66% to 87%.

wolfhoundtoo

No, it does not. If it did, there would be no sense in having crew members that increased the ship's health. I just checked on the world where I have both ships. One didn't have the option to repair, even though it was at 76%. The other did have the option to repair, which I did, and it went from 66% to 87%.

I disagree. My harbor shows it as being returned at 85% now that the trip is over and it will cost me 10 of each good to repair it. The other screen (where you hire the crew) shows that it will be at 70% currently when it returns if I do nothing and don't hire any crew with repair abilities.

Johnny B. Goode

My harbor shows it as being returned at 85% now that the trip is over and it will cost me 10 of each good to repair it.
And it may or may not be 100% after you repair it. That's my point. I don't remember if repairing it ever got it back to 100%, but I know it doesn't do it all the time. Tell me this, if it did always (or ever) get it to 100% after spending the goods, what sense would it make to have the crew members that increase the ship's health? No sense at all.

Ebeondi Asi

I don't think so but i'll run it today and confirm. Pretty sure you are confusing the status on the crew picking screen which shows the result of the NEXT trip that you are picking the crew for on that screen. The repair screen shows it at 100% if you actually pay goods to repair it. I'll be back tomorrow either way to update the thread.
Nope nope nope. The normal situation after yuo pay to repair ship! for repaired ship is at 85%
The only way you can be at 10% is if eh crew you chose for he previous tri repaired it higher than 85% then yupay nothing to 'repair ship' and just use it.
This discussion can extend to forever. but I have made hundreds of trips with ship and sub. and 85% is it..

Pericles the Lion

Nope nope nope. The normal situation after yuo pay to repair ship! for repaired ship is at 85%
The only way you can be at 10% is if eh crew you chose for he previous tri repaired it higher than 85% then yupay nothing to 'repair ship' and just use it.
This discussion can extend to forever. but I have made hundreds of trips with ship and sub. and 85% is it..
There is a "thermometer" on the Ship tab that displays the ship's condition after it has returned from a voyage. Spending goods to repair the ship takes the thermometer to 100%. After making repairs, returning to the Harbor tab will show the "Ship Health" dial no higher than 85% (at least I've never been able to get it above 85%).

wolfhoundtoo

Like I said there are two tabs. I deliberately sent out the ship with crew that did NOT repair it given that a couple of players thought it worked a different way. My ship is at 85% (unrepaired) it will go to 70% if I don't use any crew with the ability to fix it. The ship is at 100% health because that dial shows the health when your ship returns. That changes based on the crew you pick.

So yes that tab with the crew never gets higher than 85% without using crew that repair it but that doesn't change the health of the ship which is at 100% if it that tab shows 85% without crew that can repair it.

So thus when I joined this thread I asked about the screen with the crew. The Ship does get to 100% repaired.