• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Army Built: Whats your ideal army?

DeletedUser1101

Hey guys, since i don't know where else i should post this thread i decided to post it here. We are proposing an idea so here it goes:

A. Give the age of the army your proposing
B. Ignoring the cost/time restrain and say you can buy all of them.
C. Within the given army size from the game what is the best group in your opinion and why.

(Note: i think that archers are a bit over powered)

Best army for Bronze age: (my research so far. I did not include phalanxs because i have not experience fighting with them yet.)
Offense-------------------Defense:
5 spears------------------ (........)
3 slingers----------------- (I do not
-------------------------- really know

So far for defense i have not encounter an army i could not out smart in the bettle field (maybe once when i had two horsemen in the group that died without doing anything =/ lol against NPC)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Best offense is all short-ranged. There is no best defense when using units from the same age as the offense.

DeletedUser1101

but what about all range units wouldn't that be beneficial i haven't tried it yet but I'm tempted if you have some insight on that please let everyone know thank before i try and waste money XD

DeletedUser

but what about all range units wouldn't that be beneficial i haven't tried it yet but I'm tempted if you have some insight on that please let everyone know thank before i try and waste money XD

Well like I said, all short-ranged units. You asked about all range units, so I'm guessing you mean a mix of short, long, and mounted range units. Mounted archers are the only mounted units and they are pretty freaking bad. A lot of times they have trouble 2-hitting a simple spearman. As for long-ranged units, I wouldn't know, since I've never used them. Although, my ideal battle is against 8 long-ranged units, since they clump up and are almost useless once they get hit once.

DeletedUser55

Personally i see reason to build any short range units. i have 8 archers and I'm mowing my way though Late middle age units like nothing. once i get crossbowmen ill switch to those.

this is not a proposal to change game features, so it will be moved.

DeletedUser

Yep, 8 short ranged units all the way. Except mounted archers, stick with regular archers throughout the Early Middle Age.

DeletedUser

Presently ranged units have two unmatched bonuses over melee: they can attack without giving the opposing unit a chance to strike back and they have high firepower (to compensate for their weak resistance against damage). Usually a barrage from eight ranged units is enough to fatally reduce the size and effectiveness of the opposing army, but only if you use the terrain to your advantage such that you take the first shot with maximum attack bonuses (read: stand on rocks).

DeletedUser29407

My favorite combo for A is a mix of Light, short-ranged, and heavy. For Defense I use 2 long range 3 heavy 2 short ranged and 1 light. Haven't been plundered since BA. I have unlocked all LMA techs and am on the InA continent map.