• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Attack bonus not reflected in army unit stats

DeletedUser40878

Apologies for the nub question, but I was curious why the two separate attack bonuses I receive from buildings is not reflected in my army units.
I have two sakura buildings next to each other, granting a total of 5% Attk bonus, and I also, separately, have a Contestant's estate (which grants another 3%). The problem is my army units only show a bonus of 5, not 8.

Do these values not stack? I would have thought they did, since other stats bonuses do stack, like my defense bonus, which combines two separate 7% into 14%

Or am I missing something else?

DeletedUser40878

I sincerely appreciate the responses, although I'm afraid what you've said is either inaccurate, or I've simply misunderstood you.
To be clear, are you saying that two buildings that are the same (and therefore offer the same boost) do not stack?
I ask because I have two Athletes living quarters, each offering a bonus of 7def, and yet those bonuses do seem to stack, evidently, and is reflected in my units def. I don't have any other def boost activated.

Meanwhile, I have two Sakura set-pieces, placed next to each other, granted 2% Attk, and 3% Attk, amounting to a total of 5% Attack bonus, which is reflected in my units.
However, separately, I also have a Contestants estate, granting another 3% Attack bonus, which should be a total of 8% attack bonus, altogether, correct? And yet I only receive 5% attack bonus, total.

So, based on this, it would seem that the opposite is true, that it's when the buildings are the same that they stack, and only then. So, basically, I have a building with a bonus that isn't providing it to my units.

Any additional help is appreciated, thanks.

***Oh, and the two sakura set pieces are not the same, but they do both belong to the same set. I have the Sakura Rock and the Emperor's entrance.

Lannister the Rich

I sincerely appreciate the responses, although I'm afraid what you've said is either inaccurate, or I've simply misunderstood you.
To be clear, are you saying that two buildings that are the same (and therefore offer the same boost) do not stack?
I ask because I have two Athletes living quarters, each offering a bonus of 7def, and yet those bonuses do seem to stack, evidently, and is reflected in my units def. I don't have any other def boost activated.

Meanwhile, I have two Sakura set-pieces, placed next to each other, granted 2% Attk, and 3% Attk, amounting to a total of 5% Attack bonus, which is reflected in my units.
However, separately, I also have a Contestants estate, granting another 3% Attack bonus, which should be a total of 8% attack bonus, altogether, correct? And yet I only receive 5% attack bonus, total.

So, based on this, it would seem that the opposite is true, that it's when the buildings are the same that they stack, and only then. So, basically, I have a building with a bonus that isn't providing it to my units.

***Oh, and the two sakura set pieces are not the same, but they do both belong to the same set. I have the Sakura Rock and the Emperor's entrance.
You need to have a 3rd unique Cherry Garden set building to get the +3% attack bonus from the Sakura Rock. Two Sakura rocks put together will not give you the bonus you want, the buildings have to be unique. The athlete’s quarters are not set pieces, so they stack.

BruteForceAttack

Can you post screenshot of your city?

DeletedUser40878

You need to have a 3rd unique Cherry Garden set building to get the +3% attack bonus from the Sakura Rock. Two Sakura rocks put together will not give you the bonus you want, the buildings have to be unique. The athlete’s quarters are not set pieces, so they stack.
No, I'm saying that I have, separately, 2 athletes quarters, and they do actually stack, giving me two def bonuses of 7 each, totaling 14.

I don't have 2 sakura rocks, I instead have one sakura rock, and one emperor's entrance, which both belong to the same set. From what it says, I should get an additional bonus when they are placed next to each other, but I am only receiving a single, 2% attack bonus, instead of 2% and another 3% as it lists.

See, I also have a contestant's estate which grants 3% attack bonus, and my units receive 5% total, which means the contestant's estate bonus of 3, plus the 2% from my sakura rock do stack. But what about my other 3% I should be receiving for having the separate unique building that belongs to the same cherry garden set? Why is the additional 3% not being represented in my units?

***EDIT: So after pouring over my city, I've discovered that I was reading the bonuses wrong, however, I am still promised a 2% attack bonus from my cherry garden set, as I have two unique pieces of the same set, placed together. My current attack bonuses are only coming from my Winner's plaza(2% attack) and my contestant's estate(3% attack).
So the question remains, why is my cherry garden set not giving me the set bonus?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40878

To add to the confusion, both my Sakura Rock and my Emperor's entrance are level 1, so I should receive the set bonus, but I'm not.

Thanks to everyone who has replied, and I appreciate the link to the wiki, which is where I learned about the level of the buildings being a factor, however not in this particular case. Any additional help would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

DeletedUser37581

Your Cherry Garden set is not giving you any bonuses because of a confusion regarding how the bonuses work. The Sakura Rock will provide a 2% boost when placed next to two other unique pieces of the Cherry Garden Set. It will provide an additional 3% boost if it is placed next to an additional unique piece of the Cherry Garden set. In other words, you need three pieces (counting the Sakura Rock) to get the 2% boost and four pieces to get the additional 3% boost.

DeletedUser33179

You're still misunderstanding how set pieces' bonuses work. Sakura rock provides happiness on its own + up to 3 additional bonuses depending on number of different, unique pieces from the same set-type it touches.

The exact breakdown is as follows:
-- sakura rock alone = base happiness
-- sakura rock + 1 other unique set building = base happiness + bonus happiness
-- sakura rock + 2 different/unique set buildings = base happiness + bonus happiness + 2% attack
-- sakura rock + 3 different/unique set buildings = base hapoiness + bonus happiness + 2% attack + 3% attack

Here's a pic of the info box that pops up when you click on sakura rock... 1st item is what that specific building gives on its own, numbers 1 thru 3 (next to little cherry tree icons) show what bonus is added when have either 1, 2, or 3 unique set pieces attached.

image.jpeg

Since you only have sakura rock + emperors entrance, you will only get base happiness + bonus happiness from it. You'd need either zen zone or gong of wisdom also touching sakura rock to get the 2% attack added on top (& obviously both of those to get both 2% & 3% attack bonuses)

DawnLight the Just

I have a similar, but different, question. I used the 20% Attack Boost from my inventory, and on my troops stats page, while fighting, it shows -20%. Specifically it shows Attack 221% (-20%). Why is it that it is showing -20% instead of +20%?

DeletedUser

I have a similar, but different, question. I used the 20% Attack Boost from my inventory, and on my troops stats page, while fighting, it shows -20%. Specifically it shows Attack 221% (-20%). Why is it that it is showing -20% instead of +20%?
It means that the unit got hit by an enemy unit that has a special ability which reduces the attack of units it hits. It only lasts for the remainder of that battle.