• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Attack / Defense vs Critical Hit

Which has more value, 56% Attack & Defense boost from a lvl 60 Zeus or 18.02% Critical Hit from lvl 60 AO?

Yes, the AO gives daily FP as well, but it also costs 62,000 additional FP (from lvl's 10-60). I have both buildings and plan to lvl both as high as I can... Most people will say AO, but have they looked at the numbers? Is an 18% chance of getting a Critical Hit worth an additional 62,000* FP?

* math wrong??

DeletedUser3882

So #1 AO only applies to same age units. If you’re on lvl 1 of GE against lower aged units, you’ll never see it. If you’re attacking neighbors with higher/lower aged units in defense, you’ll never see it. *Primary* use for attack for AO is in GVG and higher levels of GE.
#2 Every strike you make against an enemy unit has an 18% chance of being a crtical hit and again, only same age units.
That 18% works just like every other random chance entity in the game. Over time, with a large enough sample you’ll see it’s pretty accurate, but mean time, I’ve gone weeks without a hit and likewise, some battles it’s hit 5,6,7 times!
It is inconsistent at best as a primary attack boost strategy. Because of that, it is a nice “supplement” to your always on, consistent +56% Zeus attack.

With both of those said, primary boost of the AO should be considered the FPs. The secondary “supplemental” critical hit is an awesome side boost that gets you overly excited whenever it does hit.

Bottom line, no one’s deleting their Zeus because they’ve now got an AO and strictly relying on it for attack power. Same thing with Kraken.

Level them all you want, but don’t neglect ye olde tried and true, never fail Zeus, Aachen, and CDM!

Last edited by a moderator:

Woody*

My first guess would be Zues as well because a) AO only helps against the same age troops, and b) Zeus is cheaper to level (I don't have the exact number). However, if you plan to play long enough for a level 60 AO to payoff the cost to level, the extra FPs would help pay for the Zeus leveling.

FWIW, my recommendation on the first GBs to level up to 60 (for most players) are the FP generating ones. (For players willing to use an Arc to hunt for FP profit, it is by FAR the first priority because it will generate more FPs than any other). After Arc, CdM is a great choice (cheaper than AO to level, but it doesn't give as many FPs).

Ta 152H

Which has more value, 56% Attack & Defense boost from a lvl 60 Zeus or 18.02% Critical Hit from lvl 60 AO?

Yes, the AO gives daily FP as well, but it also costs 62,000 additional FP (from lvl's 10-60). I have both buildings and plan to lvl both as high as I can... Most people will say AO, but have they looked at the numbers? Is an 18% chance of getting a Critical Hit worth an additional 62,000* FP?

* math wrong??

Zeus/CoA/CdM are pretty good up to L10, and then the wheels fall off in terms of combat ability. So, I'd say get those guys up to L10 in most situations, particularly since they are available much earlier.

After that, they move up .5% per level (averaged), as opposed to 3%.

AO goes up well after L10 by comparison, especially at higher levels. More importantly, those hits become extremely powerful at higher level when it's common. Most units you face will be the same age, especially those tough late L4 GE battles. If you're fighting units older than your age, it's normally not very difficult anyway.

Perhaps most importantly is those later ages where units max at "x" amount of damage. No amount of attack is going to change that, but AO does, and does so dramatically.

Plus, one FP per level never hurts, and that not only gets the FP, but helps with the FP quests.

So, up to L10, I like to focus on the attack buildings. After L10, I prefer AO. Also, certain ages, like CE, the AO completely changes the dynamics of battles if you can use units like mobile artillery.

One last thing, AO does help on defense, provided the attacker is using same age units. Since that is pretty likely, it can make a big difference in defending your city. None of the attack buildings have anything to do with defense.

Per my understanding, Zeus will give me 1% per lvl moving forward. I think I'm going to focus on it for the time being. I have lvl 80 Arc so using it should help in the process.

Ta 152H

Per my understanding, Zeus will give me 1% per lvl moving forward. I think I'm going to focus on it for the time being. I have lvl 80 Arc so using it should help in the process.

Your understanding is incorrect. It gives 1% every other level, so averages to .5% per level.

DeletedUser30900

Your understanding is incorrect. It gives 1% every other level, so averages to .5% per level.
Does AO buff apply in auto battle? I know you don’t do that but the main reason about this question is for gvg and in gvg we auto a lot if not all the time.(I’m in the same guild as op if you wondering)

Ta 152H

Does AO buff apply in auto battle? I know you don’t do that but the main reason about this question is for gvg and in gvg we auto a lot if not all the time.(I’m in the same guild as op if you wondering)

Oh, yes, definitely. In GvG, who doesn't auto-battle?

wolfhoundtoo

AO would work when you auto but of course you have no way of knowing unless you opt to use the auto battle within the battle map and then watch the fight. Kind of defeats the point of using auto battle.