• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Attack Penalty

Ringthane

There is a player who has been plundering me daily and when I review the battle results it shows that all of my units have huge attack penalties. For example, I'm seeing as much as a 60% reduction in my attack bonus for some units. What is going on here? Why is my attack being reduced???

DeletedUser8152

What does that mean? And how do you counteract it? Are only some units immune to it?
Heat is a special ability of some units (microwave blasters, satellite spotters, plasma artillery), that applies a -20% attack penalty every time they hit an enemy unit. There's no way to block it.

It is not really that useful, in practice.

Lucifer1904

There is a player who has been plundering me daily and when I review the battle results it shows that all of my units have huge attack penalties. For example, I'm seeing as much as a 60% reduction in my attack bonus for some units. What is going on here? Why is my attack being reduced???
What era are you?

Ringthane

I'm in the Arctic Future and I have a defense boost of 367% and this guy attacks with a battle fortress, a plasma artillery and the rest rogues. I can kill one or maybe two of his units but basically I can't figure out any kind of defense that works since my attack bonus gets killed and I hardly scratch him..

DeletedUser8152

I'm in the Arctic Future and I have a defense boost of 367% and this guy attacks with a battle fortress, a plasma artillery and the rest rogues. I can kill one or maybe two of his units but basically I can't figure out any kind of defense that works since my attack bonus gets killed and I hardly scratch him..
8 recons should kill a few units. 8 TE drones should too, and would deny him some points.

wolfhoundtoo

8 recons should kill a few units. 8 TE drones should too, and would deny him some points.

I'd suggest the TE drones. If he gets unlucky the 1st time he hits you then he might actually lose depending on the rogue conversions that happen.

DeletedUser8152

I'd suggest the TE drones. If he gets unlucky the 1st time he hits you then he might actually lose depending on the rogue conversions that happen.
Maybe... unfortunately the AI will have the drones target the artillery first, even though they are ineffective :(

DeletedUser26965

What does that mean? And how do you counteract it? Are only some units immune to it?

Heat.png
Heat
Reduces attack of target.
Units

https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Heat

wolfhoundtoo

Maybe... unfortunately the AI will have the drones target the artillery first, even though they are ineffective :(

True but if he spins mostly Plasmas the BFs will still likely take 2 hits to kill the TE drones (and the plasmas won't be decreasing that defense boost). Not likely that he'll win unless pretty much all plasmas come up but if that happens think how annoyed the attacker will get. :D

And that's likely the best option for the defender to win (best doesn't mean very likely though).

DeletedUser

The city shield your Tavern offers is 100% effective from any attacks.;) Also, if you don't like being plundered just collect on time.

DeletedUser13838

I'd suggest 8 plasma artilleries, 8 battle fortresses or some combination. You can also attack with dragon drones and hope you get lucky (ie all his rogues turn into artillery)