• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Attacking Hood

DeletedUser28392

When attacking players in a CA hood,What would be the best army(Using rogues)?

DeletedUser25483

The game is programmed by INNO idiots and children. This is evidenced by the fact that the AI defense will attack rogues FIRST, THE ABSOLUTE WORST TACTIC POSSIBLE. Kill the NON-rogues first and the rogues will die like ants. BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! A child can see this, but really all you have to do is attack anyone with ALL rogues but one, and it's a slam dunk, You really can't lose. And if you try to defend with rogues, the AI, or AUI (artificial un-initelligence) will spearhead with rogues, AGAIN, the worst possible tactic.
Further prejudicing the game is the fact that rogues are not something you can just build, you have to win a rogue camp. Still waiting for mine in CE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then there's the GB's. Only 2 give defense bonus, while there are a whole host of GBs that give bonus while attacking. Seems like the game is heavily skewed toward the offense, more evidence of INNO's communist tendencies.

NOT FOR NOTHING, INNO, IF YOU'RE GOING TO FIGHT MY BATTLES FOR ME I WISH YOU'D WIN MORE. morons.

and btw, did INNO suddenly become the new Legal authority in the USA? Stealing is immoral and illegal, in game or out.
Just because "INNO SAYS" stealing is OK (you use the euphemism 'plundering' so you can stay in denial about what you're really doing), THAT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S OK!!!!!!!!!!!! If INNO told you it's ok to go to 7-11 and steal, does that make it legal to steal? Of course not. People pay their hard earned money, real actual cash, for some of these buildings, so when people steal the product of those buildings, they are, in fact, breaking the laws of the United States and all 52 states, as well as being a general anti-social asshole. A company more anti-social than INNO has never existed, they not only facilitate the theft, they condone and encourage it. As a result, INNO Games is about to become embroiled in a legal battle so big, they'll be running for cover. Maybe they can use rogues for defense.

Bottom line, is that if you steal, whether from 7-11 or your neighbor, you're a thief. Nothing more, nothing less. Not a war god, not a gamer, just a common, everyday thug. Just like INNO.

Don't listen to the INNO people telling you what's right or wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25273

As to plundering being legally stealing, please go to a police station and try to swear a complaint for theft about someone plundering your buildings in this game called Forge of Empires. Hopefully they don't get upset and charge you with wasting their time.

Plundering is a basic game mechanic, and is part of the game. It is fine for people to decide they they personally won't do it, but to stand up and proclaim that it is wrong to do is a misunderstanding of the game (Maybe you want Elvenar, it's just down the hall).

DeletedUser25483

Thievery is a basic mechanic of ghetto life, too, that doesn't make it moral or legal. "INNO SAYS" isn't good enough. The fact that it's a "basic mechanic of the game" is exactly the point, who the hell is INNO to tell people it's OK to steal?

Fortunately, neither you nor INNO make the laws. As for Elvenar, thats a total ripoff. You can't wipe you nose without spending money in that game.

By the way, why don't you just call it "stealing"? Can't you admit what you're actually doing, that you're just a common thief?
Oh, I know, INNO SAYS. Garbage or garbaj?

Maybe I'll rob, i mean, plunder your house. Then it's ok, right. i mean, INNO SAYS, right? i mean, as long as we call it plundering, it's ok, right? Cuz INNO SAYS

DeletedUser

Thievery is a basic mechanic of ghetto life, too, that doesn't make it moral or legal. "INNO SAYS" isn't good enough

Fortunately, neither you nor INNO make the laws. As for Elvenar, thats a total ripoff. You can't wipe you nose without spending money in that game.

As for the police, I go right to the DA. Cyber-theft is something the Department of Homeland Security takes a dim view of.
Oh, yes, Frrrosty, please go to the DHS and report us cyber-plunderers. I beg of you. Do it. Now. And please, when you report us, take a picture of their faces. I would love to see the look you get when they find out you're complaining about a free-to-play computer game. LOL

DeletedUser25273

Show me the code base for "Ghetto Life", it isn't a game I am familiar with. That is the key difference. GAMES have specific rules built into them, and are a game where try to work within the rules. "Real Life" is a bit different, and a lot more complicated. In Life, we have a very large realm of possible actions with consequences, and we have developed a large set of social morals and legal laws of what is considered acceptable behavior. We also develop things we call "Games" where the rules are different, and by voluntarily playing the game we agree to those different rules. One great example is boxing. If you were to treat someone outside the ring as is expected in the ring would get you arrested for assault.

The game operation that would have sort of an equivalent to stealing in real life would be to use a Bot to play the game and gain an advantage.

DeletedUser25483

Oh, yes, Frrrosty, please go to the DHS and report us cyber-plunderers. I beg of you. Do it. Now. And please, when you report us, take a picture of their faces. I would love to see the look you get when they find out you're complaining about a free-to-play computer game. LOL

Way ahead of you. You see, i actually spent some money on this one, so that makes it Not-free. Still can't admit what you are, a thief.
Nice picture you googled

DeletedUser

Way ahead of you. You see, i actually spent some money on this one, so that makes it Not-free. Still can't admit what you are, a thief.
Nice picture you googled
Voluntarily spent some money. No requirement to do so.
You think I googled a family photo? :rolleyes:

Algona

If I play a game that includes illegal activities*, even if I don't perform the illegal activities am I an accessory?

Should I turn myself in now to get leniency in my punishment?

Already have 2 complaints in, thay actually have a file on them.

Can I get the contact information, name, phone number. and email and the case/file/complaint number so I can turn myself in?

Meanwhile, back on topic and away from that bit of Lunacy...

When attacking players in a CA hood,What would be the best army(Using rogues)?

The one that wins?

Sorry. I'd try a mix of Field Guns and Grenadiers. Don't advance, let the enemy charge into your Artillery. Be ready to retreat if the fight goes bad.

*I'm not a lawyer, but I did watch reruns of Law and Order on Ion TV yesterday!

DeletedUser25483

plun·der
ˈpləndər/
verb
  1. 1.
    steal goods from (a place or person), typically using force and in a time of war or civil disorder.
    "looters moved into the disaster area to plunder stores"
    synonyms: pillage, loot, rob, raid, ransack, despoil, strip, ravage, lay waste, devastate, sack, rape
    "they plundered the countryside"

noun
  1. 1.
    the violent and dishonest acquisition of property.
    "the farmers suffered the inhumanity and indignities of pillage and plunder"
    synonyms: looting, pillaging, plundering, raiding, ransacking, devastation, sacking;
    literaryrapine
    "the plunder of the villages"

Mustapha00

Anyone who has been around a while knows how I feel about this subject: while I do occasionally attack players in my Hood for tower points, I very, very seldom Plunder them (usually only when they fail to put up anything more than the default defense or if I have to complete a quest, as this Event required).
With the changes to the Hood assembly algorithm Inno fairly recently introduced (and seems to tweak now and then), I have less of a problem with Plunder simply because the odds are at least somewhat more fair than they were not all that long ago. then, you had players three, four, five Ages apart sharing the same Neighborhood, meaning that those at the top were the predators (if they were so inclined) and those at the bottom were the prey...the only difference being that, unlike in nature, the prey had precisely zero chance of defending themselves. As the poster above pointed out, the game is greatly biased in favor of the attacker, when history- not always but quite often- tells us that the odds often resided with the defender.

With the changes, I am generally seeing a Hood made up of plus or minus one Age (perhaps two) of the majority of the players within it, so there is actually some focus on tactics and knowledge rather than just sending tanks against mounted warriors. In more cases, though certainly not all cases, your defensive preparation, be it investing in GBs, acquiring Watchtowers and such, and assembling the best defensive army you can might...might...make a difference.

I realize this is only the slightest of comforts if you're on the receiving end of being Plundered...but it used to be worse. Far worse.

Algona

plun·der
ˈpləndər/
verb
  1. 1. I get my ass kicked repeatedly because I can't figure out how not to get plundered.
noun
  1. 1. A happy reward you can collect when you successfully attack someone who gets his ass kicked repeatedly because they can't figure out how not to get plundered.

Mrs. 'Gona went a little crazy at Costco and I have a couple extra ginormous boxes of heavy duty aluminum foil. I'll be happy to sell them to you for a reasonable price + a processing fee and a shipping fee and a I-need-some-new-houseplants fee. Send lots of small unmarked well circulated US Currency to:

I Need More Tinfoil Hats
PO Box OU812
Algona, WA 98001

Offer not valid anywhere in reality. I suspect only one poster in this thread is eligible.

Last edited:

DeletedUser24787

Still can't admit what you are, a thief.
I can, got the achievement "billy the kid"(Oh wait the Forum Justice Warriors changed it to OUTLAW)and i got a voyager soon to have a Atlantis Museum i embrace the pillage system of this game.
Screenshot 2017-04-22 at 7.05.09 PM.png

on topic i would suggest jaegers and stick to the forest to use the stealth benefit and take them out from cover

DeletedUser27184

In most ages (and eras), at least up to PME, 1 heavy + 7 rogues will kick ass at most cases. Rarely you will need 1 light/ranged with 7 rogues.