• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Attrition level counter

KeithOfTheForge

When you gain a stack of attrition, a green +1 flashes on screen:

1680720486697.png

Green usually denotes a positive effect and red denotes a negative effect. Even though it is adding one, it is technically a negative effect. Shouldn't this display a red +1?

Insatiable1

Question...how come the GE algorithm can correctly rank negotiations in order of difficulty (the number of types of goods), but the GBG algorithm seems to think that 6-good negotiations counts as easy because it only asks for 1 good of each of the 6 types? Also, if attack boost from tavern works in GBG, the extra turn boost should as well. Just my opinion, I know that means nothing to the developers.

Angry.Blanket

Question...how come the GE algorithm can correctly rank negotiations in order of difficulty (the number of types of goods), but the GBG algorithm seems to think that 6-good negotiations counts as easy because it only asks for 1 good of each of the 6 types? Also, if attack boost from tavern works in GBG, the extra turn boost should as well. Just my opinion, I know that means nothing to the developers.
Because 4 good negotiations are hard when its 49 goods per slot.

Pericles the Lion

If you do 200 negotiations at 49 goods per slot it is very hard, my guess is you don't negotiate much,
It's the number of slots that determine the negotiation's difficulty to solve, not the number of goods per slot. Inventory issues aside, a 4-good negotiation at 100 attrition (20 goods per slot) is no more difficult to solve than a 4-good negotiation at 0 attrition (1 good required).

Angry.Blanket

It's the number of slots that determine the negotiation's difficulty to solve, not the number of goods per slot. Inventory issues aside, a 4-good negotiation at 100 attrition (20 goods per slot) is no more difficult to solve than a 4-good negotiation at 0 attrition (1 good required).
No negotiation is hard. you just have to use more goods and more attempts to solve. Solving 1 negotiation at 100 att is easy no matter how many slots, solving 1000 negotiations at 100 att is not. I do between 500 and 1200 negotiations every GbG season, I do NOT do them at high att. because that is very hard to do.

Pericles the Lion

Because 4 good negotiations are hard when its 49 goods per slot.
If you do 200 negotiations at 49 goods per slot it is very hard, my guess is you don't negotiate much,
No negotiation is hard. you just have to use more goods and more attempts to solve. Solving 1 negotiation at 100 att is easy no matter how many slots, solving 1000 negotiations at 100 att is not. I do between 500 and 1200 negotiations every GbG season, I do NOT do them at high att. because that is very hard to do.
These puzzle pieces just don't fit together. Sorry, I can't figure out what you are trying to communicate.

Angry.Blanket

These puzzle pieces just don't fit together. Sorry, I can't figure out what you are trying to communicate.
Negotiating is not difficult, no matter how many slots, 1000 negotiations at 0 att is easy, 1000 negotiations at 150 att is hard. The cost of the negotiation is what makes it hard to continue. other wise we all could continue negotiating for ever in GbG.

Insatiable1

A nego with 4 different goods in 3 turns is much easier than one with 6 different goods. The number of each good is irrelevant unless your city production stinks.

Angry.Blanket

A nego with 4 different goods in 3 turns is much easier than one with 6 different goods. The number of each good is irrelevant unless your city production stinks.
I disagree, 6 different goods has no affect on me, it just takes more turns, I suppose once a player reaches space ages maybe goods are easy enough but most are sure bitching about the cost of goods to negotiate GE 5 which I thought 10k was cheap compared to the 100k I spend negotiating in GbG.

JJ597

10K might be cheap to you! (Mr, I spend 100K in GBG), but to a player advancing slowly thru the ages, it's an IMPOSSIBLE TASK! Since INNO removed diamond rewards from GE 1-3 watch the movie "Planes, Trains and Automobiles, Car rental scene" and the rental agents comment!

Pericles the Lion

10K might be cheap to you! (Mr, I spend 100K in GBG), but to a player advancing slowly thru the ages, it's an IMPOSSIBLE TASK! Since INNO removed diamond rewards from GE 1-3 watch the movie "Planes, Trains and Automobiles, Car rental scene" and the rental agents comment!
Don't believe everything you read in the Forum. Besides being a waste of goods, using 100K goods to negotiate in a GBG season is, at the very best, a "one-trick-pony" no matter what era that you are in. It's not sustainable.

wolfhoundtoo

I'm sorry but what you are posting has nothing to do with balance (as a game function) but sure seems awfully like you just put in the word balance for fair in your post. In any case your comparison of negotiating versus the battle boost from the tavern is apples to oranges for the impact on the play on guild battlegrounds: 30% boost to attack won't make much difference to how a battle plays out at higher attrition levels but a 4th turn makes for a large difference on how often you will be able to successfully complete a negotiation at higher levels.

Angry.Blanket

10 K is not cheap, that is the point, everyone is arguing that high attrition negotiations are too easy because they are not all complex or very complex even though they cost more, they are saying they make so many goods it doesn't matter, I am saying it is very hard to do very many negotiations at high att.
None of which has to do with the original OP,

Pericles the Lion

I disagree, 6 different goods has no affect on me, it just takes more turns, I suppose once a player reaches space ages maybe goods are easy enough but most are sure bitching about the cost of goods to negotiate GE 5 which I thought 10k was cheap compared to the 100k I spend negotiating in GbG.
10 K is not cheap, that is the point, everyone is arguing that high attrition negotiations are too easy because they are not all complex or very complex even though they cost more, they are saying they make so many goods it doesn't matter, I am saying it is very hard to do very many negotiations at high att.
None of which has to do with the original OP,
You continue to contradict yourself.

Johnny B. Goode

We should be able to use our tavern boost to increase our number of turns in battlegrounds. The only other option, pragmatically speaking, is to stop allowing attack boosts from the tavern to be applicable to the battlegrounds feature. Balance, after all, is balance.
Your claim of "for the sake of balance" has already been debunked every time the extra turn boost limitation has been brought up...and it has been brought up plenty since GBG started. The reason it isn't usable in GBG is because the negotiating is already balanced with the fighting by the limitation on the number of choices you have. In GE you can have up to 10 items to choose from. Unless it's changed, in GBG you never have more than 6 items to choose from. Allowing the extra turn to be used in GBG would make negotiating way more doable than fighting at the higher attrition levels. That is called "not balanced", just to be clear.

wolfhoundtoo

As I understand balance my use of it was entirely correct. If one action in the game creates a negative affect in another, then the game is unbalanced. I was not arguing for a continuing inequity, I was stating that there is in fact one - an unbalance to use the developer's words. IF we are able to utilize our tavern silver to purchase attack boosts that are available THEN we should also be able to use our tavern silver to purchase negotiating power on the same battle format. That would be a balanced system. As it stands, I do not see it as balanced.

As for your argument about the difference in negotiating at "higher levels," I fail to see the connection. That is the contradiction of which I spoke, using apples and oranges (a common enough analagy), but allow me to clarify and perhaps even to ask you to do so. If what you mean by "higher levels" has to do with an individual player's .... sorry, I'm stymied. What exactly do you mean? High attrition? The word attrition is bandied about too much and has been truncated - it's an attack/negotiating penalty. The penalty does not apply in the same fashion to negotiations as it does to attacks. Too many players have spent years tracking their progress and applied the math over and over and I'm certainly not here to gainsay them when they advise others to use their negotiations before their attacks due to the penalties accrued with higher attrition. Said penalties are observable in the number of goods you must choose from and also how many goods per turn not so different from the array of units that you will face and how many armies when attacking. To penalize those who choose or have little/no choice to counteract that rise in penalty as one continues to play is unbalanced. You needn't agree with me, it's your right.

I stand by what I stated earlier:

You get to have your opinion and I get to have mine. I also stand by my point being that you are using the word balance as the word fair. I also fail to see how the use of tavern silver to buy attack boost that can be utilized in GBG has a negative impact on GBG negotiating. I don't see where your post explains the negative impact you claim that exists........but it absolutely meets what definition of how people use fair.