• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Barracks Icon Meanings?

DeletedUser

The icon on the left, where the unit the building produces is pictured, tells what type of unit it is. From top to bottom in your example they are Light, Fast and Ranged units. The icon on the right tells what type of enemy unit your unit will have a boost against. In your example, the Light unit has a boost against Fast units, the Fast unit has a boost against Ranged units, and the Ranged unit has a boost against Heavy units.

For a full rundown on all units in the game, their various stats, boosts and skills, this is the link to the FoE Wiki page with all that info: https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Units_List

The icon on the left, where the unit the building produces is pictured, tells what type of unit it is. From top to bottom in your example they are Light, Fast and Ranged units. The icon on the right tells what type of enemy unit your unit will have a boost against. In your example, the Light unit has a boost against Fast units, the Fast unit has a boost against Ranged units, and the Ranged unit has a boost against Heavy units.

For a full rundown on all units in the game, their various stats, boosts and skills, this is the link to the FoE Wiki page with all that info: https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Units_List
:)Thank you Gotz for asking that question and Stephen for the answeer and the helpful hint. There seem to be many helpful pointers in FOE and it takes time to learn what they all mean. The Forum is really helpful in that regard.

Thanks! Searching for the word "icon" combined with barracks or unit production buildings netted miscellaneous debris, none of which answered my question. And, of course, I already knew those abilities from battle experience.

I also read that another "ability" is where the unit is dug in and has better defence because of that. What is the symbol for that (if there is one) and where is it shown? I have noticed that some units seem more difficult to kill at some times compared to other times.

DeletedUser