• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Battle Scores

Iggy112

Does anyone have insight into Battle Scores derivation? We all do 1000s of fights, yet no one seems to clearly understand how results are determined.

Can Battle Scores be calculated directly from Victory Screen information? Has anyone reversed engineered the underlying formula? I am having some difficulties with the reverse engineering. Can't tell if its a function of the Attack/Defense values for the troops (even looked into the boost values), or if there is another set of values used for each age/troop that are not been published.

I continue to gather Victory Screen information for multiple battles (battle score, enthusiasm, 16 troop values and boosts, etc.). Having real trouble fitting to the data. Any help/insights appreciated!

In case you missed this, I have already posted this under the questions section too!

UBERhelp1

It is based on enemy troops killed and damage taken by your troops - nothing else (except the enthusiasm boost to the final result). To truly map out the points gained, you would have to find the point value of each troop, easiest way would be to use a matrix, and to not take any damage to your troops. Have the number of each type of troop in the battle to be recorded and the final point value, so that it would look like:
Troop type 1Troop type 2Troop type 3Troop type 4Resulting points
etc. Solve the matrix for each variable, and you have the point values for troops. Once this is known, simply have controlled damage happen (1 hit, 2 hits, etc) and since you know the base point value from knowing the enemy troops, you find how much each hit against you is worth.

Iggy112

You described the analysis path that I am currently pursuing....thanks for the confirmation!

Projecting ahead, some possibilities that come to mind:
1) Any mathematical relationship for each troop value to it’s attack/defense values shown in wiki?
2) Does any troop (say Hover Tanks) produce the same score positively when you damage one for the defending army, as it does negatively if it is damaged as part of your attacking army?
3) Are there any special treatments for troops getting killed (i.e. is the 10th damage unit scored differently than the first 9)?

UBERhelp1

You described the analysis path that I am currently pursuing....thanks for the confirmation!

Projecting ahead, some possibilities that come to mind:
1) Any mathematical relationship for each troop value to it’s attack/defense values shown in wiki?
2) Does any troop (say Hover Tanks) produce the same score positively when you damage one for the defending army, as it does negatively if it is damaged as part of your attacking army?
3) Are there any special treatments for troops getting killed (i.e. is the 10th damage unit scored differently than the first 9)?
1. No.
2. The damage done on your troops is worth less
3. Nope. And for two-wave battles, the score is twice the last wave's score. The first wave is thrown out.