• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Behavior of Champions

mamboking053

In CE, the champs run right up on one unit and they shoot another unit four tiles away. The military has removed it’s zero tolerance policy, apparently...

DeletedUser32973

On one of my satellite cities I also noticed rogue vs. champion behavior is slightly different. In HMA the champions will target my trebuchets over rogues, and I don't recall seeing this kind of behavior before in GE from any of the ages I've fought in. Does this phenomenon occur anywhere else in GE/PVP (obviously excluding C-map since AI works differently there)?

Triopoly Champion

On one of my satellite cities I also noticed rogue vs. champion behavior is slightly different. In HMA the champions will target my trebuchets over rogues, and I don't recall seeing this kind of behavior before in GE from any of the ages I've fought in. Does this phenomenon occur anywhere else in GE/PVP (obviously excluding C-map since AI works differently there)?
AI EMA Champions will target Catapults over Rogues as well. Just don't use the Artillery units when there's at least 1 Champion in the enemy mix.

I never have this problem since I only use Field Guns within certain GE encounters. I like how Inno developers have maken the AI Champions smarter, so a big blow to the artillery unit lovers.

Super Catanian

I never have this problem since I only use Field Guns within certain GE encounters. I like how Inno developers have maken the AI Champions smarter, so a big blow to the artillery unit lovers.
It really sucks for me, as my Artillery combined with my attack boost allows me to blast through most armies. I usually bring 2 Rogues just to protect my base Artillery from too much damage.

Triopoly Champion

It really sucks for me, as my Artillery combined with my attack boost allows me to blast through most armies. I usually bring 2 Rogues just to protect my base Artillery from too much damage.
Colonial is probably the only early age that artillery units aren't that powerful since both Colonial Champions and Grenadiers have really high base defense.

It can take up to 4 hits for highly boosted Field Guns to kill a 90% boosted Grenadier.

In Indy, Breech Loaders can easily smash through the Howitzer lines. Still don't know why both Colonial and Indy Champions have the same base defense while Breech Loaders are way more powerful than the Field Guns.

Top player Breech Loaders can definitely efficiently kill the lancers within 2-3 shots, the only unit they are afraid is the Jaegar inside the forest.

As far as Industrial Champions, make sure you have at least 1 Jaegar guarding the Breech Loaders.

DeletedUser30312

It's normal AI behavior, I think. The AI will usually target rogues, but they occasionally will target a non-rogue unit if it's closer, and sometimes that happens on the first turn if the AI can hit the starting position. Anyway, rogues generally shouldn't be used with artillery because of their low defense.

While artillery is theoretically strong against heavy units, they're usually less effective against them than ranged up through Indy and light from PE onward. I usually find artillery to be good for countering opposing artillery myself, the Dug In ability really doesn't seem to be all that impressive.

DeletedUser32973

It's normal AI behavior, I think. The AI will usually target rogues, but they occasionally will target a non-rogue unit if it's closer, and sometimes that happens on the first turn if the AI can hit the starting position. Anyway, rogues generally shouldn't be used with artillery because of their low defense.

While artillery is theoretically strong against heavy units, they're usually less effective against them than ranged up through Indy and light from PE onward. I usually find artillery to be good for countering opposing artillery myself, the Dug In ability really doesn't seem to be all that impressive.

I specifically positioned my rogues in front of my trebuchets and they still went for the trebuchet first (surrounded by plains btw), so it had nothing to do with distance. There are situations where rogues are useful with artillery even in the lower ages. Champion behavior seems to break the norm for some reason. I've never noticed it in the future ages because champions never make it to my army and I don't use rogues as much then(so no testing there).

time4coffee

I'm in LMA, I finally got a champion retreat recently. I am reading about how champions change in different ages. Does this mean I need to get a different champion retreat for each age as I move up or will the one I have now produce champions for the age I am currently in?

Agent327

I'm in LMA, I finally got a champion retreat recently. I am reading about how champions change in different ages. Does this mean I need to get a different champion retreat for each age as I move up or will the one I have now produce champions for the age I am currently in?

Yes

Super Catanian

Does this mean I need to get a different champion retreat for each age as I move up or will the one I have now produce champions for the age I am currently in?
Since you got it in the LMA, it will let you train Champions of the LMA. As you age up, you will want to get new, better Champions. As you age up, you can choose to use a One-Up Kit or a Renovation Kit to upgrade the Retreat to your current era, and it will now produce Champions of the new era. Or, you could sell it (or store it with a Store Building item) and build a new one that you might have gotten recently.

DeletedUser41684

hi all,
i've recently evolved to PME and the champion is a strange unit here.
it shares the same statistics of the fast units but it is a heavy one.
it means that it is strong against light and artillery units while light and artillery units are strong against it at the same time.
it's a draw. i'm not sure how to take it. do you think it is worth it?

Jeanor

hi all,
i've recently evolved to PME and the champion is a strange unit here.
it shares the same statistics of the fast units but it is a heavy one.
it means that it is strong against light and artillery units while light and artillery units are strong against it at the same time.
it's a draw. i'm not sure how to take it. do you think it is worth it?

wolfhoundtoo

Did you link your account to your game account? Hopefully that is part of the process when you open a new account these days or you'll lose your new account if you don't do it.